Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: jorm     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1

    jorm

    hello, my ls was attempting jorm tonight and we were doing fine except for the damn aggro, you guys have any advice other than an add party to solve that problem? how do most groups do it?

  2. #2
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    16,043
    BG Level
    9

    from what I have read and my small experience with him, jorm is fairly easy up until 10%. After that, he starts going crazy.

    As for the add pt, just get a few people in each add pt to stand next to the main alliance. When an ele pops, have one of the people grab it and run it to add pt. Maybe have these people be rdm for silence.
    Good luck though, jimmy is a beast

  3. #3

    yeah, we werent having a problem till someone that wasnt thinking peeled off jorm and picked an add that the add pt hadnt grabbed yet, and called for help on it. that fuked our day

  4. #4
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    49
    BG Level
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    from what I have read and my small experience with him, jorm is fairly easy up until 10%. After that, he starts going crazy.

    As for the add pt, just get a few people in each add pt to stand next to the main alliance. When an ele pops, have one of the people grab it and run it to add pt. Maybe have these people be rdm for silence.
    Good luck though, jimmy is a beast
    can't silence a ice elemental

  5. #5
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,347
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by webby
    can't silence a ice elemental
    Oooook.

  6. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by webby
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    from what I have read and my small experience with him, jorm is fairly easy up until 10%. After that, he starts going crazy.

    As for the add pt, just get a few people in each add pt to stand next to the main alliance. When an ele pops, have one of the people grab it and run it to add pt. Maybe have these people be rdm for silence.
    Good luck though, jimmy is a beast
    can't silence a ice elemental
    elementals are no big deal, we have the jorg pt's use them for tp however, the bombs are another story, frost is a bitch as most know and them blowing up doesnt help either

  7. #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Quote Originally Posted by webby
    can't silence a ice elemental
    Oooook.
    hes right, they are very very hard to silence

  8. #8
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    699
    BG Level
    5

    We had bards lullyby and blms sleepga2 the bombs for like 3hours? I dunno, just have alliance of blm to sleepga then nuke !

  9. #9
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,347
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by masterorion
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Quote Originally Posted by webby
    can't silence a ice elemental
    Oooook.
    hes right, they are very very hard to silence
    Dunno, rarely have a problem. Than again I put emphasis on getting Wind Accu Merits and full Enfeebling Merits along with some good MND gear.

  10. #10
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    525
    BG Level
    5

    i have a hard time believing that

  11. #11
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    16,043
    BG Level
    9

    When I was invited to fight him, I don't remember the main alliance getting many, if any, bomb aggro. Maybe they stood in a good place?

  12. #12
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    257
    BG Level
    4

    When we tried to do Jor, there was only three feasable places we thought we could set our positions. One was as close to the alley to the ENM range as possible, another was towards the cliffedge at the narrowest points, and the last spot was the narrow area between Jor's camp and the Kindred demons. We tried it all three ways, and we got aggro all the time. I'm not sure but it seems to me that it's not possible to fight Jor w/o some kind of sleeper group to deal with the elementals and bombs. It must've been an awfully good place, maybe Demosthenes?

  13. #13
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    76
    BG Level
    2

    don't let your melees touch the bombs

    Manaburn ftw.

  14. #14
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    308
    BG Level
    4

    Dunno, rarely have a problem. Than again I put emphasis on getting Wind Accu Merits and full Enfeebling Merits along with some good MND gear.

    wtf? lol

    show me a screenshot of you silencing an IT (to 75) ice elemental near Jorm.... Thats like stunning earth elementals. Good luck.

  15. #15

    lol yeah i wanna see too, i think elementals have like 500 resistance at any level, i couldn't soul voice chr up lullaby a light elemental at qufim LOL

  16. #16
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,347
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by mdn
    i have a hard time believing that
    I'm not surprised. From what Deth tells me your RDMs suck. lol

    All right, let me go up and do this specifically for you.

  17. #17
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,619
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    please do...


    a ranger cant even shadowbind an ice elemental.

  18. #18
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    45
    BG Level
    1


Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Jorm :O!
    By Crabs in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2005-06-05, 12:58
  2. jorm title is...?
    By Squallblade in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2005-06-03, 20:25