Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    177
    BG Level
    3

    Official Friendship Quest Thread

    Discuss your new NPC heros here.

    Personally I am hoping to smn Bittypupils or Galkarider from Dynamis Beaucedine @[email protected]

    But in all seriousness, they have talked up this shit quite a bit so now I really want do so some R&D into where the quest comes from, upgrades, the strength of the NPCs and whether they are variable across the different Races of Beastmen, whether they accumulate and use TP and how random this is (I assume they can use tp, but Gobs = Bomb Toss? err) and other assorted information.

    Clearly however since the Version Update is a kick in the crotch to download, I can't do any of this myself, and others will likely have good info to add.

    Thanks.

    Ish
    RNG/RDM/PLD
    75/75/63

  2. #2
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,723
    BG Level
    8

    seems to be a quest in Upper Jeuno where you have to talk to lots of NPCs.

  3. #3
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,744
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    i wanna know how you level with them. Like, your level is 75, you gotta level from 1 - 75 with them?

  4. #4
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    177
    BG Level
    3

    Pulled some Info from Alla since the update is teh gayz

    Starting Loacation: Upper Jeuno
    Starting NPC: Luto MewRilah
    NPC Position: G-8

    It involves talking to a lot of different NPCs in order to customize your NPC friend's features, like Race, Sex, Hairstyle, etc. Seems it's all done in Jeuno, and there are a lot of NPCs so your sidekick should be as customizable as initial character design for the most part.

    The end of the quest comes via a fight in Eldieme Nec. through the G-8 entry where a little girl and your NPC is attacked by a Skeleton NM. Fairly easy NM it's said.

    From there it's still up in the air, but I assume you'd be able to get the special Earring to summon your NPC at that point.

  5. #5
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,352
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    More re/ex items... my sig explains my feelings about that.

  6. #6
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,744
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Ish
    Pulled some Info from Alla since the update is teh gayz

    Starting Loacation: Upper Jeuno
    Starting NPC: Luto MewRilah
    NPC Position: G-8

    It involves talking to a lot of different NPCs in order to customize your NPC friend's features, like Race, Sex, Hairstyle, etc. Seems it's all done in Jeuno, and there are a lot of NPCs so your sidekick should be as customizable as initial character design for the most part.

    The end of the quest comes via a fight in Eldieme Nec. through the G-8 entry where a little girl and your NPC is attacked by a Skeleton NM. Fairly easy NM it's said.





    From there it's still up in the air, but I assume you'd be able to get the special Earring to summon your NPC at that point.


    I bet it's that new earring


    http://img318.imageshack.us/img318/8917/ring1jh.jpg

  7. #7

    The Fellowship Quest from Start to Finish:

    http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?f ... 3093&num=1

    EDIT. This is a better thread, with extra info:

    http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?f ... 702&num=33

    "You can only summon the NPC once every 20 Earth Time Hours."

    "CLICKING ON THE NPC KILLS IT! Do NOT click on the NPC. Doing so causes it to say "Is this where we part ways then?" and Despawn."

  8. #8
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,010
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    http://photobucket.com/albums/a74/My...719054235a.jpg

    There's a link to a picture of one of the NPC's you get.

  9. #9
    Hayleystrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7,622
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Here is a video of the BC40 fight. Looks really really easy.

  10. #10
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,010
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    The line outside of Ghelsba. xDDD

    http://alexander.triumphws.com/filer/queue.jpg

  11. #11
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    30,103
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Azalee
    The line outside of Ghelsba. xDDD

    http://alexander.triumphws.com/filer/queue.jpg
    ROFL DRGwwwwwwwwwwwwwww


    Man, thats sad, people lining up to do a quest so they can get a NPC following them around to leech their xp.




    btw: anyone notice in the video that the NPC voked the dragon off the whm ??

  12. #12

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalee
    The line outside of Ghelsba. xDDD

    http://alexander.triumphws.com/filer/queue.jpg
    ROFL DRGwwwwwwwwwwwwwww


    Man, thats sad, people lining up to do a quest so they can get a NPC following them around to leech their xp.




    btw: anyone notice in the video that the NPC voked the dragon off the whm ??
    Do you mention DRG in every post you make?

  13. #13

    He plays THF/RNG and think he's god of THFs because he thinks no one's ever thought of/done it before.

    Do you really wonder why he says something about DRG in every post? He's just trying to make his non DD job to more damage than a DD job gone wrong.

  14. #14
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,352
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Reminds of those guys that try to compensate for their manhood shortcomings (pun) by buying a Corvette.

  15. #15
    Formerly Armani
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    298
    BG Level
    4

    The update was worth it.

  16. #16
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,744
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    OMG it's crazy lol... Square decided to make the BC for the dragon 1 entry at a time

  17. #17

  18. #18

    just killed it lol

  19. #19

    lol man i want to be in the line <.<;

    got download to 98% but keep getting booted before it downloads any more files >_<

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Official "Path + Card + Direction" Thread
    By Vade in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 2005-10-11, 16:17
  2. Official Bahamut Pic Thread(FFXI players sucks :P)
    By Erza in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 2005-06-23, 05:29