Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Jormungand!!! (help me out)!!

Hello!! "Nice to meet you'!! I'm treystrife lvl 73 beastmaster from Valefor.
    I'm in a LS called yoji yojimbos.arcbattles.com weve defeated tiamat twice and have tried Jormungand 4 times and lost. I was wondering if you can give an input strategy. heres what i can come up with.
    This our LS leader zeldon scouting the area...

Zeldon typed
    Ok so I scouted the area and here is how it went:

1) I enter the large area where Jormungand spawns.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...irebrand/1.jpg

2) This is slightly to the left of the entrance to Jimmy's area, as you can see it is a very thing hallway, but I don't think Jimmy's

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...irebrand/2.jpg

More of this skinny hallway

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...irebrand/3.jpg

On the way out of the hallway.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...irebrand/4.jpg

3) This area is the direct opposite wall of the thin hallway, a possible area to bring the main fight because this area has only 1 bomb (assuming that mob positioning is always constant).

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...irebrand/5.jpg

4) This is where I think the main fight would be ideal, the nearly add-less area with the pronged rock formation:

This is facing away from Jimmy's spawn area.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...irebrand/6.jpg

The same position I was standing on but this time facing the fight area instead of Jimmy's spawn.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...irebrand/7.jpg

More of the area.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...irebrand/8.jpg

for those that dont understand jimmy is Jormungand in out term...

weve tried both #2 and #4... which one did u guys try? also he keeps spaming blizzag III spells on us.constantly. Out strategy is basically. TA and SC while on the ground with MB. While in the air we Nuke and stun. Tanks are war/nin or Nin/war. Occasionally we put a pld to cover. usually they are the tank add's. We sue blm's to sleep bomb's and solo. I haerd you can use sleep bolts for the bombs and have rng sol

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

If your question here is where do you fight him to stop enemies linking then you're gonna be 0/5 shortly. Maybe you should rethink your strategy so there is nothing to link.

And wtf @ BLM's nuking while he's in the air.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

maybe so

maybe so... like i said were new at this.. Jorm is totally different than tiamat. seem's like every camp there is add's all around. I gues it's how to manage them. we already 0/4 on him lol.... weve tried it... my question is not only where to fight him. It's basically how to deal with him. I think we got the add's down it's just him. It's jsut all of a sudden 4 bombs agro's and then 3 ele's pop. Kinda sucks....

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Re: maybe so

Quote Originally Posted by treystrife
    I think we got the add's down it's just him.
    It's jsut all of a sudden 4 bombs agro's and then 3 ele's pop. Kinda sucks....
    I don't know how to make it any clearer to you as to where your linkshell is going wrong without giving you a step-by-step strategy on how to defeat him (which I'm not going to do).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Hey tray let Rare/Ex wipe, and before you can random with nakama steal it. Then you should be able to kill it.

Re: maybe so

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    I don't know how to make it any clearer to you as to where your linkshell is going wrong without giving you a step-by-step strategy on how to defeat him (which I'm not going to do).
    I'm with him.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

lol

lol np at all man... but thx's anyways ^-~

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

while we're on topic..

Anyone else had jorm keep horrid roaring at 20%ish or is it just us?

He didnt seem to do this at all that much last time I killed him.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So which server did you kill Jorm on?

The trick to beating him is to constantly pull the mobs that might aggro like you would in an exp party rather then letting them all build up on your alliance at once.

No matter where you put Jormungand almost all mobs will aggro excluding maybe 1-2 mobs. SE designed this to be a pretty big challenge, can't get off easy with 2-3 adds.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

I don't really get the point of the post... you can't kill Jorm, so instead of modifying your strategy based on why you lose, you want the answers handed to you.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Amarok
    So which server did you kill Jorm on?

That's a seeecreeeet.

Killed vrtra as well.

90ANG/45MEX IMO
    BG Level

I have a 75PLD with full Kaiser and Blood Gear as well as Defending Ring on another server "but that's a secret"

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: while we're on topic..

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    Anyone else had jorm keep horrid roaring at 20%ish or is it just us?

He didnt seem to do this at all that much last time I killed him.
    I don't remember him doing that when we fought him. He did get way tougher at 20ish% though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

the key to fighting and beating all 3 (4 if you count ouryu) wyrms is managing the environment.

and yeah, jorm spams roar when he gets low

diequicklet

Quicklet why dont you just jump off a cliff or something you have to be by far one of the gayest faggots in the world so do everyone a favor and just kill yourself

I love Quicklet (*'-')b You should, too.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Heh I just got some nasty /tells from somebudy in Yoji, the new Yojimbos shell. Maybe I will post the pics, but I think BG has enough drama as it is. I will give the Jourm strat again.

Quote Originally Posted by Heian
    Hey tray let Rare/Ex wipe, and before you can random with nakama steal it. Then you should be able to kill it.

soooo

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...yas/ngrplz.jpg

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Common strat for jorm is to gather all the bombs and have a team keep them a sleep the entire fight. they dont build up resistance... team should probably have some combination of blm brd rdm and whm, whatever ur LS has available.

3 elementals... 1 can be used infinitely for TP, while the other 2 can be held by 1-2 RDMs. 1 will run into some troubles, so should have 2 or at least some help ready in case. Make sure the TP group / adds pt has at least a couple ppl paying attn that can stun w/e.

i like holding jorm near the "long thin path" to the left of his spawn area, towards the ice lake... just a little past the mouth of that opening, although the exact spot doesnt really matter as long as he isnt breath atk'ing anyone... or hitting ppl with any AoE that dont need to be hit.

One tactic to counter the horrid roar spam is to add extra tanks in the alliance when jorm is @20-25%, another 1-2, and have tanks keep maxed out enmity sets to use after a roar, to help get hate back more quickly. if things get really bad with 4 roars in a row or something, you may have to hit a quick sleep, or have everyone with hate come stand fafnir style... just make an executive decision to avoid a flail.

of course these tips all have to be somehow applied to your specific LS style, jobs, and set ups.. but good luck anyway with the world serpent.

Jormungand is a 1-time thing, you go up there, kill it, realize you wasted 1hr/2hrs, and wind up with some useless ores. It doesn't die on Remora besides a few sky linkshells that go up and feed it Jurassic Park style.