Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
  1. #1
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4
    BG Level
    0

    Question i never been able to answer

    ok im new to the HNM world. im currently blm 71 and i was lucky enough to get accepted into an HNM LS. but there is a anser i cant answer about this.
    why HNM use mnk, war as DDs and if im lucky i get to see another type of DD?

    Im talking about my HNM run and the videos from BG. can someone answer this to me please?
    Do the other jobs like drg, drk, rng suck that bad?(i respect all jobs so thats why i dont understand cuz for me ll jobs rocks)

    Please feel free to explain all you want in your answers, that would help me to understand.
    Thank you for your time.

  2. #2
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    525
    BG Level
    5

    huh?

    all melee jobs are the same, except mnk and thf hit for 0 on a lot of stuff

    samurai is the best melee job for endgame stuff, other than that, whatever

  3. #3

    because mage jobs are superior to melee in every way, especially compared to drg >.>

  4. #4
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    695
    BG Level
    5

    fi often kills fafnir with 15 mages and 0 meele
    (cept a thief comes after claim)

  5. #5
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,259
    BG Level
    7

    SE sucks, thats your answer.

  6. #6

    According to the black mages at alla who have never heard of parses, all melees apparently embarrass the damage that black mages do because they swing their weapons while black mages rest for mp. I just wonder where the 50% decrease in my damage versus the black mage's damage on Aura Statues in a recent party I've had came from then. /end sarcasm on the last sentence.

  7. #7

    They're probably talking about war, nin, mnk. You're a drk. It's ok, we forgive you.

  8. #8
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    302
    BG Level
    4

    You're asking the wrong question, but the answer you seek is 42.

  9. #9

    Yeah, most melees are not liked really end game. Monk is an exception because of chi blast, and warrior is an exception because they have berserk and double attack on their main job, while at the same time can sub thief and have access to SATA.

  10. #10

    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    They're probably talking about war, nin, mnk. You're a drk. It's ok, we forgive you.
    Nah, they say all melees. None of them have actually touched a melee job past level 60, so they assume that all melees do pretty much the same.

    Got 4 karma trolls on my account on alla now. 2 been stopped, 1 I'm rating below 3.00 so he'll stop rating down every post I make(even the ones which don't even pertain to black mage being overpowered) and the last one is a sock puppet account that I have no clue who is using.

  11. #11
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    129
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawk
    You're asking the wrong question, but the answer you seek is 42.
    Yes. We cannot provide the question for you, but we can build you a message board that will.

  12. #12
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,242
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Question i never been able to answer

    Quote Originally Posted by Krefthen
    ok im new to the HNM world. im currently blm 71 and i was lucky enough to get accepted into an HNM LS. but there is a anser i cant answer about this.
    why HNM use mnk, war as DDs and if im lucky i get to see another type of DD?

    Im talking about my HNM run and the videos from BG. can someone answer this to me please?
    Do the other jobs like drg, drk, rng suck that bad?(i respect all jobs so thats why i dont understand cuz for me ll jobs rocks)

    Please feel free to explain all you want in your answers, that would help me to understand.
    Thank you for your time.
    Most melee can find a niche if they play right.
    RNGs can Shadowbind certain mobs and still rock others.

    WARs and DRKs can do incredible damage with THF SJs. (Spinning Slash and Steel Cyclone)

    MNK can Chi Blast 1500+ damage (Not near what WARs/DRKs/BLMs will put out, but it's damage so meh.)

    SAM can self SC themselves and make incredible SCs on tanks for very nice enmity building.

    THF always nice for their TH abilities and some HNMs they can nearly solo tank.

    PLD and NIN are different. Some LS like to use NIN, others PLD. Both can do the same job fine on many NMs. There are some that the other can't do, but that's very rare.

    BST is a loner, but they can be very nice for some mobs. (Tiamat? They can basically do a solo adds PT.)

    BRD if you consider it melee because no MP... but that's obvious it falls under "mage" conditions.

    Now we're at DRG... Wheeling Thrust is decent.. ignores DEF.. but the fact is that DRG really isn't that great. If they mobs to build TP, they can rock, but if they need to use the HNM, they're sort of gimp. Example is Aspido... If a DRG has mobs to build TP.. Especially if they have +TP Jump armor (Barones). .. 30%+ TP a jump, Meditate, , hit it once.. 100%. Then Wheeling Thrust for 400 damages.

  13. #13

    hmmm, im gonna have to add to the above posts:

    mnk - chi blast dmg owns war and drk dmg on many mobs, if the mnk has good gear .

    thf - more so than TH their ability to manage hate is most important.

    sam - more so than self skillchaining they get TP quick and their WSes actually do good dmg at the same time. helps thf with hate.

    drg - call wyvern is the best 2hr in the game!

  14. #14

    WARs and DRKs can do incredible damage with THF SJs. (Spinning Slash and Steel Cyclone)

    MNK can Chi Blast 1500+ damage (Not near what WARs/DRKs/BLMs will put out, but it's damage so meh.)
    Dunno what kind of dream world you're in, but magic bursts from BLMs have always out damaged me as DRK when I use a 300 TP Ground Strike or Spiral Hell. SATA spinning slash really is pathetic on HNMs at 100TP. A good chi blast almost always out does most Spiral Hell, Ground Strikes, and Steel Cyclones. Then again, I only have 1/5 of hecatomb and bard never focuses on DRK in the stunner party in my LS(then again, we only have one bard main in the LS who isn't usually in the stunner party anyway, so moot point).

  15. #15
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    525
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    WARs and DRKs can do incredible damage with THF SJs. (Spinning Slash and Steel Cyclone)

    MNK can Chi Blast 1500+ damage (Not near what WARs/DRKs/BLMs will put out, but it's damage so meh.)
    Dunno what kind of dream world you're in, but magic bursts from BLMs have always out damaged me as DRK when I use a 300 TP Ground Strike or Spiral Hell. SATA spinning slash really is pathetic on HNMs at 100TP. A good chi blast almost always out does most Spiral Hell, Ground Strikes, and Steel Cyclones. Then again, I only have 1/5 of hecatomb and bard never focuses on DRK in the stunner party in my LS(then again, we only have one bard main in the LS who isn't usually in the stunner party anyway, so moot point).
    for most conventional HNMs, fafnir, aspid, kirin, etc you have melees simply to make the skillchains for mages to burst. at cop wyrms, melees actually do a ton of damage.

  16. #16
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    821
    BG Level
    5

    the class that claims is the most usefull class in the game

  17. #17

    Quote Originally Posted by mdn
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    WARs and DRKs can do incredible damage with THF SJs. (Spinning Slash and Steel Cyclone)

    MNK can Chi Blast 1500+ damage (Not near what WARs/DRKs/BLMs will put out, but it's damage so meh.)
    Dunno what kind of dream world you're in, but magic bursts from BLMs have always out damaged me as DRK when I use a 300 TP Ground Strike or Spiral Hell. SATA spinning slash really is pathetic on HNMs at 100TP. A good chi blast almost always out does most Spiral Hell, Ground Strikes, and Steel Cyclones. Then again, I only have 1/5 of hecatomb and bard never focuses on DRK in the stunner party in my LS(then again, we only have one bard main in the LS who isn't usually in the stunner party anyway, so moot point).
    for most conventional HNMs, fafnir, aspid, kirin, etc you have melees simply to make the skillchains for mages to burst. at cop wyrms, melees actually do a ton of damage.
    We all know how much the average HNM linkshell loves CoP end game. Oh wait....

    And for Fafhogg, Aspid, Kirin, and so on, samurais alone would be able to effectively replace all melees are ever wanted for end game.

  18. #18
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    699
    BG Level
    5

    I've seen 1800dmg spiral hells on gods but never a 1800 mb on one. :3
    Also, DRK SAM WAR /thf own cop wyrms. :3

  19. #19

    I think you forgot to add that DRK has to use a whole stack of sleeping potions, have pretty much the best WS gear in game, and have two bards soul voice the WS mods onto the DRK.

  20. #20
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    157
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    lalalalalalalala mage vs. melee on yet another place.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Since when have we been unable to tractor in BC's?
    By Koyangi in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2005-12-16, 13:59
  2. Now able to dowload Patch
    By Lyramion in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2005-12-12, 15:21
  3. do you think blue mages will be able to equip ridill?
    By chilicheese in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 226
    Last Post: 2005-12-04, 13:22
  4. Free time to answer some Questions?
    By Syncere in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 2005-09-09, 13:16
  5. Anyone able to tell me what the change was to the....
    By Borisan in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2005-07-19, 19:58