Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 90
  1. #1

    Limbus and The Chips - Open Discussion

    I honestly haven't a clue as to the purpose of these chips yet, they could possibly have to do with the Ebon Panels in the Palace & Garden but no relavent data has been gathered yet, or they could possibly be pop items for "New Gods" for the New armor.

    Argghh.. So many possibilitys...

    For those who have No clue what the heck i'm talking about:

    http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/7696 <-- Charcoal Chip

  2. #2

    it's probably impossible to have confirmation until 4-7 limbus runs can be completed, because of the lockout
    we got magenta from NW apol & ivory from N temenos

  3. #3

    On my server, Limitbreak and myself are teaming groups up to find out the purpose of them.

    Our compiled info can be found here ( this includes confirmed drops in sections, if you have anything to add please by all means, post here )

    http://128.91.107.49/limitbreak/file...us/limbus.html

  4. #4
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,472
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    How come there is no South Temenos? Card has to be dropped somewhere >_>

  5. #5
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,725
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

    some one try getting all the cards and entering limbus?

  6. #6
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    280
    BG Level
    4

    zomg, did someone try trading them to the "Strange Apparatus" yet?

  7. #7

    if you guys are keeping track of what drops where as well, so far we've seen

    Apollon NW
    Benedict Yarn
    Black Rivet
    Cardinal Cloth
    Adaman Ore
    Kurogane
    Brown Doeskin
    Light Filament
    Magenta Chip


    Temenos N
    Diabolic Silk
    Supple Skin
    Ivory Chip

  8. #8

    wtf Adaman Ore? lol

  9. #9

    Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    if you guys are keeping track of what drops where as well, so far we've seen

    Apollon NW
    Benedict Yarn
    Black Rivet
    Cardinal Cloth
    Adaman Ore
    Kurogane
    Brown Doeskin
    Light Filament
    Magenta Chip


    Temenos N
    Diabolic Silk
    Supple Skin
    Ivory Chip
    Was Appolyn NW the one with the 3 Kings? Our LS is wondering if there's a 6 mannable Appolyn route like the Elemental route in Temenos.

  10. #10
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    925
    BG Level
    5

    makes Dark Adaman Ingots, which in turns is used for upgrading the AF as well, just one of the non-rare/ex pieces.

    So I wouldn't doubt if we see more crafting material drops.

  11. #11

    Quote Originally Posted by Darm
    Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    if you guys are keeping track of what drops where as well, so far we've seen

    Apollon NW
    Benedict Yarn
    Black Rivet
    Cardinal Cloth
    Adaman Ore
    Kurogane
    Brown Doeskin
    Light Filament
    Magenta Chip


    Temenos N
    Diabolic Silk
    Supple Skin
    Ivory Chip
    Was Appolyn NW the one with the 3 Kings? Our LS is wondering if there's a 6 mannable Appolyn route like the Elemental route in Temenos.
    nw is 3 kings, & im pretty sure it needs close to 18 people.
    elemental route is 6mannable? can you do it w/ clearing everything & getting max treasure w/ 6 ppl? :o

  12. #12
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    525
    BG Level
    5

    when you open a treasure chest, the others vanish. there's no way to get "max treasure" ?

  13. #13
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,472
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Raineh
    zomg, did someone try trading them to the "Strange Apparatus" yet?
    Nothing. Didnt try the 3 broken one tho

    Quote Originally Posted by mdn
    when you open a treasure chest, the others vanish. there's no way to get "max treasure" ?

    Treasure chest are handled differently in both area (or maybe in every path). I know in Apolyon NE, there is 3-4 guarded chest on every floor. You can open them all, but it cost you time to kill the "boss" (unless there is 5minutes inside the chest)

  14. #14
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,581
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by rooster
    some one try getting all the cards and entering limbus?
    card just determines which path you access from the npc target to enter limbus. for example if you have one card, only it's corresponding path will show up. if you have 2 or 3, 2 or 3 options will come up with different paths.

  15. #15
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,472
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    Quote Originally Posted by rooster
    some one try getting all the cards and entering limbus?
    card just determines which path you access from the npc target to enter limbus. for example if you have one card, only it's corresponding path will show up. if you have 2 or 3, 2 or 3 options will come up with different paths.

    What he meant I think is you might have to gather all 4 cards to open the 5th path. Dark, Water, Stone and Ice Card to open double darkness path (central Apolyon).

    I wanted to try that yesterday but I'm still locked.

  16. #16

    4 cards? I've only found 3...white, red, black...one from an Aw'Euvhi in each area of Northern Altheia...dem, mea, or holla.

  17. #17
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,472
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    I found 7 eu'vhi so far. Are some dropping the same card? Didnt had the chance to kill all of them, so meh. But when I think about it, I saw only 3 key item in .dat, maybe you're right.


    When I did it, I only had dark and red (both from east side iirc). After I picked North East path, my black Card disapeared and we got a smoky (dark) chip at the end.

    I'm still convinced every path is related to their corresponding element on star chart.

  18. #18

    There is more then one Aw'euvhi in each section of north Al'Taieu.

  19. #19

    Yea each area has more then one euvhi, but I think the nms from one area all drop the same card type. Forgot which area corresponds to which color offhand.

  20. #20
    There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,063
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

    Dem = Red
    Holla = White
    Mea = Black

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. New Video and The Event
    By rooster in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 2005-10-10, 09:24
  2. BLM and the upcoming update
    By Okan in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 2005-10-01, 23:22
  3. Replies: 54
    Last Post: 2005-06-24, 12:27
  4. Dynamis and the moon.
    By Septimus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 2005-01-11, 15:32