Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: DRGs > RNGs     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1

    DRGs > RNGs

    Flame bitches.

  2. #2
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    194
    BG Level
    3

    You fag... Drg> you

  3. #3

    lol gil.... hows GNC

  4. #4

    im soo goddam bored..... and its raining piss outside -_-.... God I miss dubai~

  5. #5
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    194
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by James
    im soo goddam bored..... and its raining piss outside -_-.... God I miss dubai~
    I'd kill for rain here....... it's like fucking ifrit's cauldron here

  6. #6
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,259
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by James
    im soo goddam bored..... and its raining piss outside -_-.... God I miss dubai~
    I'd kill for rain here....... it's like fucking ifrit's cauldron here
    You have oil instead of lava though right?

  7. #7
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    194
    BG Level
    3

    [May] [Bee] ...

  8. #8

    I vote for James to be banned.

  9. #9
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,123
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    I vote for James to be banned.
    i voted for you to STUF but as others on vent can tell you still talk.

  10. #10
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,227
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I might have flamed this once upon a time, but now it may well be true.

  11. #11
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,723
    BG Level
    8

    after the RNG patch, this is certainly true for the really crappy RNGs.

    before the patch it was impossible to suck that bad at RNG.

    a good RNG though will still be better than a good DRG.

  12. #12
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,227
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I think the majority of people who were moaning about RNG being overpowered were just upset because pre-patch RNG didn't really have to do anything but hit CTRL+D every so often, with an occasional CTRL+W, and do as much damage as tricked out melees.

    Now half the RNGs are moaning because they have to actually work for it now. The other half just sub WAR, stand back a little, hit CTRL+D every so often, with an occasional CTRL+W, and do as much damage as tricked out melees.

    With half the RNGs rendered useless by their own inability to adapt, this brings down RNG's effectiveness on the whole by an aggregate 50%. On the other hand, 100% of the endgame DRGs I know are fanatics, and so always give 110% to their jobs, which were already at 50% effectiveness, bringing them up to 55%.

    Simple math shows us that 55% > 50%, thereby proving DRG > RNG.

    Q.E.D.

  13. #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiro
    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    I vote for James to be banned.
    i voted for you to STUF but as others on vent can tell you still talk.
    fag

    and your sig is sooooooooo wrong

  14. #14
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,723
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    The other half just sub WAR, stand back a little, hit CTRL+D every so often, with an occasional CTRL+W, and do as much damage as tricked out melees.
    that's half of it but it isn't that easy. you can't burn as efficiently anymore because you can't stand back and tank (which is what they use to do, tank, not stand back). you can't as easily start a SC that ends with a Sneak Trick on the tank.

    your damage is lowered on HNMs because of the other part of the nerf.

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    On the other hand, 100% of the endgame DRGs I know are fanatics, and so always give 110% to their jobs, which were already at 50% effectiveness, bringing them up to 55%.
    you or your server as a whole is lucky, no job escapes crapdom on Bahamut as far as Lv 75 players go.

  15. #15
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,227
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    On the other hand, 100% of the endgame DRGs I know are fanatics, and so always give 110% to their jobs, which were already at 50% effectiveness, bringing them up to 55%.
    you or your server as a whole is lucky, no job escapes crapdom on Bahamut as far as Lv 75 players go.
    Don't get me wrong, some of the DRGs I know are real asses, gilbuyers, and wouldn't know their own butt cheeks from their face cheeks. I also know a few DRGs that are great people, too. But the one thing they all have in common is that they are dedicated enough to take DRG to 75 (an impressive feat by itself), and rather obsessed with proving how DRG doesn't suck at every opportunity. Not that anyone believes them, or that they've succeeded in much other than public ridicule if they try to express the notion aloud, but they tend to put more effort into showing people the strengths of DRG than RNGs do for their own job.

    Perhaps its only because more effort is required to make a DRG look good, compared to a RNG.

  16. #16
    Love-God among men.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,681
    BG Level
    7



    [removed broken link]

  17. #17

    All jobs are equal, its just a matter of how you play them.

  18. #18
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,259
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinball
    All jobs are equal, its just a matter of how you play them.
    I wish that was true, but it isn't.

    DRG isn't equal to other DDs like DRK or SAM.

  19. #19
    The God Damn Kuno
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,663
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    omg DRG is better cause you dont lose money on arrows.

  20. #20
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,290
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    If only DRG could sub RNG and Barrage their wyvern out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. More Job Adjustments 10/2/06 (RNG/DRK/DRG)
    By miokomioko in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 407
    Last Post: 2006-10-04, 15:34
  2. Who is worse? DRG or RNG?
    By Razz in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 2006-01-31, 13:23
  3. hmmm... a rng thinks drg is AWESOME at HNM...
    By in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2004-12-06, 08:52