+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Can someone help me understand Argus' pop?

Topic, does he spawn 24 hours after the leech king? How often does the LK spawn?

Any information is appreciated, Allakhazam is just a bunch of posts arguing about SE making this rare/ex and "blah blah it's botted".

Shouldn't be botted anymore if it's not worth money, and I'd love to give it a go.

Don't bother... you'll never have the patience to sit through 18hours of pure hell.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

18-30 hour repop. Its on a rotation with leechking (though leech king/argus can pop 2x in a row or more). So if your camping and leech king pops....start camping again 18 hours later.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Ok. Thank you. So, the Leech King doesn't need to have the local leeches killed before he'll spawn? He just pops on his own, like Mysticmaker?

I see. So, I go down there blindly at first, and within 18-30 hours either the leech king or Argus will pop. Whichever does, 18-30 hours after it dies either one will pop again?

Thanks guys. ^^

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

JP != THF?

What happened. =P

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

What happend? =p
    Back in the day, when I wanted to quit the game, and thought I was never going to want to play again, I deleted my character. At that time, I was level 73 Thief and gave away everything I had.

SE couldn't restore my character when I inevitably wanted to come back, so I re-constructed my character from scratch. Level 1, rank 1 nobody =)

I'm currently rank 6, CC 82 +2 +purification (higher than JP v1.0 ever was), am on CoP Riverne Site (again, higher than original jp), Sky, lv65 RDM, 32 BLM, 30 NIN, 43 RNG and have gotten alot of cool rare/ex stuff like mannequins, Opo Crown, Joyeuse (recently ^^).

Next stop, level 75 Red Mage =)

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything"
    - Tyler Durden

Yes, Leech King has it's own spawn separate from the other leeches.

Argus is kind of a lottery pop with the leech king. Every 18-30 hours, either Argus or the Leech King will pop, but not both.

I don't really understand how people have the patience to camp this thing. It was more understandable when it was a 21-24 hour pop, but they changed it in a pathetic attempt to thwart gil-sellers who camped it and won claim exclusively. I wish they'd change it back now that they've made the drop rare/ex. -_-

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Its Called Mrargus for a reason.

just do the eyeball bcnm like 12 times. It's a lot less agonizing than camping Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Makochin
    just do the eyeball bcnm like 12 times. It's a lot less agonizing than camping Argus.
    Whats drop rate on that? I got 350 seals, wondering if that'll get me charm or if i should do other BC's to buy charm?

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

21 runs....1 charm

Ironically (or not ironically), it dropped on the 3rd one.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet
    What happend? =p
    Back in the day, when I wanted to quit the game, and thought I was never going to want to play again, I deleted my character. At that time, I was level 73 Thief and gave away everything I had.

SE couldn't restore my character when I inevitably wanted to come back, so I re-constructed my character from scratch. Level 1, rank 1 nobody =)

I'm currently rank 6, CC 82 +2 +purification (higher than JP v1.0 ever was), am on CoP Riverne Site (again, higher than original jp), Sky, lv65 RDM, 32 BLM, 30 NIN, 43 RNG and have gotten alot of cool rare/ex stuff like mannequins, Opo Crown, Joyeuse (recently ^^).

- Tyler Durden
    Back in the day when you were a level 73 Thief, an event occurred which will forever be remembered in FFXI folklore. In March 2005, there was a debacle involving the LS NewHope and FriendlyFire. Gotex and Gorgan decided to have some fun by utterly owning you Jerseyprophet. Subsequently you whined like a bitch and displayed a serious lack of maturity by posting about it on every FFXI forum in existence. You then decided to quit the game, am I correct?

I can only imagine the amount of laughter Gotex had upon hearing that you had deleted your character because of that. He and Gorgan + FF sure had the last laugh. Also I find it utterly absurd that you started again from scratch. A sensational display of idiocy, I gotta say. *salutes*

You seriously must have thought people had forgot about what happened

Nice one derailing every single thread you post in. retard

Quote Originally Posted by Thread Title
    Can someone help me understand Argus' pop?

Quote Originally Posted by Revenant2
    Back in the day when you were a level 73 Thief, an event occurred which will forever be remembered in FFXI folklore. In March 2005, there was a debacle involving the LS NewHope and FriendlyFire. Gotex and Gorgan decided to have some fun by utterly owning you Jerseyprophet. Subsequently you whined like a bitch and displayed a serious lack of maturity by posting about it on every FFXI forum in existence. You then decided to quit the game, am I correct?

I can only imagine the amount of laughter Gotex had upon hearing that you had deleted your character because of that. He and Gorgan + FF sure had the last laugh. Also I find it utterly absurd that you started again from scratch. A sensational display of idiocy, I gotta say. *salutes*

that was COMPLETLEY relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistandantilus
    Quote Originally Posted by Makochin
    Whats drop rate on that? I got 350 seals, wondering if that'll get me charm or if i should do other BC's to buy charm?
    Let's just say it's a very low drop rate. If you trust your luck go for it. People get charms from that bc all the time, it could be you. I am not one of those people unfortunately, i'm like 0/4 on it.

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Revenant2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet
    What happend? =p

- Tyler Durden

I have no idea who the original poster is or you, but I still want you dead

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

0/5 on BCNM. NIN/WAR NIN/WAR BST/WHM destroy that BC. NINs Elemental Wheel, and BST kites the main. When NINs are done, gang rape the Kited one and enjoy.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Thank you for the tips, and the heads up about the BCNM. I think it's the excitement of the camp and the fact that the item is rare/ex that makes me want to camp it. I have a fetish for rare-exity.

I went 2/3 with some friends during Full Moon. Prior to that I was 0/11. Ive also gotten another one after that, going 1/6. (Yes I have ALOT of BS)

So in total Im like... 4/20. I realize thats a VERY high number... but still it is possible to make out big on that BCNM.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Well it also drops Utsemi Ni and Erase. So its not a total waste of seals.