Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Darters in DA     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    Bagel
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,300
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Darters in DA

    On your server is it common knowledge most ppl remove them?
    Don't have to say if you remove them or not, but thre are 2 schools of thought
    1) The darters are just annoying and lag, so I take them out.
    2) You shouldnt take them out because it's hacking/cheating w/e

    post your opinions

    I myself am on PS2 so I cant even if I wanted to >:/

  2. #2
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,242
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Darters in DA

    Quote Originally Posted by ertyu
    On your server is it common knowledge most ppl remove them?
    Don't have to say if you remove them or not, but thre are 2 schools of thought
    1) The darters are just annoying and lag, so I take them out.
    2) You shouldnt take them out because it's hacking/cheating w/e

    post your opinions

    I myself am on PS2 so I cant even if I wanted to >:/
    Can't remove them anymore. SE changed it so FFXI crashes if a .dat file is missing.

  3. #3
    St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,808
    BG Level
    7

    3) Square fixed it so that you can't remove them any more anyway.


    Eidt: Damn my mortal fingers, beaten to the punch by fractions of a second.

  4. #4
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    308
    BG Level
    4

    Cant you just replace it with a blank file for the same effect? or would you target air?

  5. #5

    There's Darters in DA? Who knew >.> XD

  6. #6
    Xavier
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikko
    Cant you just replace it with a blank file for the same effect? or would you target air?
    it'd target air

  7. #7

    blank files make mine crash

  8. #8

    Makes you wonder why everyone who was complaining about lag has now put the Darter files back in... Instead of changing them to less laggy .dat's such as rabbits (or even something stupid like the jeuno clock tower hand .dat)

    "Yar I took em out 4 teh lag norly"
    "Erm. Update now. What U do now noob?!"
    "orz i guess i r put them bak in. LOLZ"

  9. #9
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    966
    BG Level
    5

    Umm, you can still edit out Darters. ^_^

  10. #10
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    348
    BG Level
    4

    it is cheating.

  11. #11
    Hayleystrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7,622
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    Umm, you can still edit out Darters. ^_^

  12. #12
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,744
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    cheating is wrong

  13. #13
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,581
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaru
    Makes you wonder why everyone who was complaining about lag has now put the Darter files back in... Instead of changing them to less laggy .dat's such as rabbits (or even something stupid like the jeuno clock tower hand .dat)

    "Yar I took em out 4 teh lag norly"
    "Erm. Update now. What U do now noob?!"
    "orz i guess i r put them bak in. LOLZ"
    I am in love ... You, my kind sir, need to frequent the BG forums more often :D

  14. #14
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    966
    BG Level
    5

    not until you're caught

  15. #15
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    16,043
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    not until you're caught
    Yes, because it is soooooooooooooooooo damn easy for a GM to find out you have swapped fucking darter files with bunnys

    /sarcasm

  16. #16
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    966
    BG Level
    5

    Not a bunny, but a GM could try to make you target an invisible monster if they really understood the problem.

  17. #17
    Hayleystrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7,622
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Everyone is using my "sir" quote now. =(

  18. #18
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4
    BG Level
    0

    Darter's are cannoned and exterminated 10-15 mins before needing to spam voke & whatever else. But doing that is cross edge sword as it give's your competition equal ground in claiming [ as oppose to just leaving the darters alive & a LS claims darters instead of Fafnir/Nidhogg ].

    On our server they kill all darter's, /targetnpc 4tw :\

    During the week there's only 2 LS's that camp @ Aery, during the weekend, add 1 or 2 more LS's [ usually JP ]. All in all not so bad, not very packed.

  19. #19
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    599
    BG Level
    5

    180+ is always fun. gogo midgar

  20. #20
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    233
    BG Level
    4

    Why not actually make it fun and change the file for faf/hog into a darter

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. DA in WS & Gorget Acc Tests
    By Mojo in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 2008-03-27, 20:18
  2. In the latest DA news from Fairy
    By Ayn in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 2007-02-01, 06:32
  3. Awesome music in the vid, what is it though?
    By in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2004-08-07, 08:32
  4. When in rome..... you cant FFXI
    By in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2004-07-26, 21:11