Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

"sheer animosity" NM Aern trouble

Well my LS is having trouble with this thing, i wasnt there the time they tried spawning it but apparently they killed the 3 aerns around the ??? and clicked on it but it didnt spawn it. I had heard that you needed to kill the 3 aerns around it then it would just spawn if you clicked the ???. I dont know if theres a trick to it but does the same person have to get the killshot on all 3 aerns then click the ???, or is there something else?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

When you normally check the ???, you'll see a message that says something like, "You sense an unknown prescence."

Kill aerns in the room. After each aern, there's a chance someone will receive the message, "You are enveloped in sheer animosity." You know someone has gotten the message because everyone else who checks the ??? will now get a new message when they check it: "You sense an unknown presence, but it does not appear to be hostile," or something like that.

The person enveloped in sheer animosity has to then click the ??? to spawn Ix'DRK.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I'm confused what are HQ Aern Organs for........?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Lilmage
    I'm confused what are HQ Aern Organs for........?
    Ix'MNK.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

dam SE.....can't they just make normal names T.T.

ix'<job> is a cool naming thing

we've been using ixaern B ixaern 1F ixaern 2F ourselves, but that one is cool too

Sea Torques
    BG Level

sweet, thanks for the feedback, i dont think we're ready for Jailer of Justice yet but no reason not to be prepared with pop items :D

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

What are these sheer animosity NMs for? Never heard of them before XD

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Question I have is, "Is the sheer animosity status timed?" i.e., my ls killed these for a good 2 hours, moving from room to room where the ??? had popped and never once did anyone in our alliance get the status. So if its killed within a certain "pop" timer period will the status just not appear? Or were we just incredibly unlucky? 18 people killing every aern we could find for 2hours and never getting the status was a real downer for the group. Could the status be something similar to the SteamCleaner PH and a specific mob hold it? So it would be a pseudo lottery pop?

Also, after 2 hours of trying to get the status we moved upstairs and attempted to pop the Lottery Ix'DRG, and proceded to spend another 3-4 hours there with no luck as well. Anyone know if there is a trick to that one either?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyone know how Vices are dealt with dropwise? Do they have a chance to drop everytime you kill an Ix? or is it the same as a Vice. Once it drops everything dissapears?

Another question, if you use 2 HQ Aerns, can you still hold the Qn and kill the Ix repeatedly? And if so.. whats the advantage to popping it with 3?

Supposedly makes the deed (jailer pop item?) 100% drop if you pop with 2 HQ organs

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Anyone know how Vices are dealt with dropwise? Do they have a chance to drop everytime you kill an Ix? or is it the same as a Vice. Once it drops everything dissapears?

Another question, if you use 2 HQ Aerns, can you still hold the Qn and kill the Ix repeatedly? And if so.. whats the advantage to popping it with 3?
    I can't answer those questions due to lack of experience with them. As for the last question, in The Mystery of Lumoria (ongoing investigation) thread at KI (now 50 pages long ~.~ )... people stated they experienced a higher drop rate for the deed when they traded more organs popping Ix along with helpers.

Supposedly makes the deed (jailer pop item?) 100% drop if you pop with 2 HQ organs
    Well thing is, this is how it works.

2 HQ Aerns: Pop an Ix'Aern(MNK) and an Qn'Aern(WHM... or was the one time we did it)

3 HQ Aerns: Pop and Ix'Aern(MNK) Qn'Aern(WHM) Qn'Aern(RDM).

Now... the key is here, you kill the Ix over and over, while you hold the Qn. The Ix will continually reraise until it drops a deed. At least that is my experience in doing these. My question is.. if its eventually gonna drop anyway... why hastle yourself with 2 adds, when you could just use 2 HQ Aerns and only have to deal with a WHM Qn. Sorry if I wasnt more specific.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

For the DRK Ix'Aern we got the Vice for that pimp enfeebling cape a few weeks ago, in that case it stops reraising as if it droped the deed. So my guess is that it will stop once it drops either or it probably has the chance to drop both.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag