+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: FFXII - SE is mean     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,572
    BG Level
    6

    FFXII - SE is mean

    Letting a T-Rex kick a mandragoras butt like that

    But besides that, I'm surprised how much FFXII is different than the other offline games. No more battle screens and it's weird how similar it is to FFXI in terms of agro, linking, and actually being able to sneak up on an enemy.

    Oh and BTW, Fran is hot.

  2. #2
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,259
    BG Level
    7

    I can't wait.

  3. #3
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,572
    BG Level
    6

    Too bad the demo is kinda short and it doesn't let you access the menu.

  4. #4

    does it at least play good that way, and look to be a good game?

  5. #5

    I don't really like how it's set up. It's like an mmorpg but the problem is you're on your own >.> I would like to see a new active time RPG like FFVII. (But not a horrible one like X-2). I'm gonna give XII a chance. Might have a good story line even though it takes place in Ivalice. (not a big fan of tactics advance either)

  6. #6
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,242
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Taru_Arquis
    I don't really like how it's set up. It's like an mmorpg but the problem is you're on your own >.> I would like to see a new active time RPG like FFVII. (But not a horrible one like X-2). I'm gonna give XII a chance. Might have a good story line even though it takes place in Ivalice. (not a big fan of tactics advance either)
    Is Ivalice the same as Tactics (Not Advance)?

  7. #7
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,475
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

    Where is this demo you speak of???? oO

  8. #8
    St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,808
    BG Level
    7

    Comes with Dragon Quest VIII.

    I haven't played it..I'll probably just wait for release.

  9. #9
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,475
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

    I've been waiting for ...1-2 years for FF12 (whenever it was first announced).

    Please GOD, spill what you've seen first hand. Tell me about the battle engine, equipment/inventory system, armor, battle system, cotrols, battle system, etc. (lol)

    Please, I must know.

  10. #10

    most games stay in development for at least 3 years, I dunno how long FFXII has taken, but you really can't complain if it hasn't been longer then 3 years.

    besides KH2 > FFXII, god I can't wait for that

  11. #11
    St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,808
    BG Level
    7

    I waited almost 7 years for HL2 >.> stfu lol

    But I too am interested in the things JP listed.

  12. #12

    All Final Fantasy's are amazing in their own little way. (Just how little is the variable, here... I'd say the only good part about FFX-2 for example was a half-decent combat system that I'd like to see again [which seems to carry on a tad to FF12, I saw a screeny with an attack 'chaining' as they did in X-2])

    Will definitely buy it, <3 Square. Not enix. Enix sux. <3 Square though.

  13. #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Okan
    Quote Originally Posted by Taru_Arquis
    I don't really like how it's set up. It's like an mmorpg but the problem is you're on your own >.> I would like to see a new active time RPG like FFVII. (But not a horrible one like X-2). I'm gonna give XII a chance. Might have a good story line even though it takes place in Ivalice. (not a big fan of tactics advance either)
    Is Ivalice the same as Tactics (Not Advance)?
    I'm pretty sure it's not. (never played the original, but i hear it was real good)

  14. #14

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    most games stay in development for at least 3 years, I dunno how long FFXII has taken, but you really can't complain if it hasn't been longer then 3 years.

    besides KH2 > FFXII, god I can't wait for that
    KH2= greatest game of all time!! omg I have been waiting sooo damn long for that!

  15. #15
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    725
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Lito Rex
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I don't like the battle engine

  16. #16
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,475
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

    I'm giving the battle system a chance. If it's like FFXI's (which, is one of the best RPG battle engines to date, argueably) I'm going to be a very satisfied customer.

    I'm a little skeptical about the script system for members of the party. Hell, for once, I'd like to see a FF where you ONLY control one person (like Zelda) the whole game.


    Anyone else ever ignore the useless characters like Cait Sith until the story requires you to use em? Think FF8, when they split up the party and you were forced to use the three bench warmers against a moderatly hard boss.

  17. #17
    Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,199
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    KH2= greatest game of all time!!
    Wow you must have a leaked development copy or something because its kind of hard to give an opinion on a game you've never played :O.

    Although it does look pretty sweet. KH2 has TRON!! :D

  18. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaru
    All Final Fantasy's are amazing in their own little way. (Just how little is the variable, here... I'd say the only good part about FFX-2 for example was a half-decent combat system that I'd like to see again [which seems to carry on a tad to FF12, I saw a screeny with an attack 'chaining' as they did in X-2])

    Will definitely buy it, <3 Square. Not enix. Enix sux. <3 Square though.
    Sorry, but I'm gonna have to assassinate you for that comment, Enix are fucking hot, Star Ocean is one of the best RPGs I've ever played, Valkyrie Profile is also a fucking hot game. Bust-A-Groove (OMG) and Dragon Quest series. Of course, these are games before they merged and i'm pretty sure Enix had a larger share then SS in the merger (or something like that, I can't remember the details).

    Anyway >.> I can't wait for KH2 cause it looks so fabulous (ohhhh!), FFXII looks good too but that isn't coming out for ages.

  19. #19
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    98
    BG Level
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Okan
    Is Ivalice the same as Tactics (Not Advance)?
    Both FFT and FFTA were set in Ivalice, I just hope they go with the blood smeared FFT version of Ivalice instead of FFTA's candy coated one (still was a good game though).

  20. #20

    FFTA was horrible.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. FFXII is going to suck
    By Xavier in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 2005-08-03, 21:29