Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,259
    BG Level
    7

    FFXI forums are so much more active than other MMO forums

    because:

    80% of the players' time is spent either LFG, looking up quest/craft/mob info or bitching about the game they are currently playing (ffxi).

    Ever wonder why the guy who you are trying to invite isn't responding when he is seeking? Its because he minimised windower and is trying to either buy gil or read a forum, because that same guy has been seeking for the past 9 fucking hours without a single fucking tell.

    So that same guy gives up seeking (having completely missed your tell amidst all the shout spam from either casinos or just random fags calling each other's moms gay in jeuno) and decides to do a quest to boost his fame since he knows he cant get fame with the party leaders out there, being a DRG and all. So anyway, he talks to a random NPC and starts a quest, that NPC tells him to check out something suspicious in some random zone. He trots off to the random zone and after a good hour of sneak/invisi he finds the ??? that he was told to examine to continue the quest. He examines it, the ??? says:

    IT LOOKS SHINY....

    Now he has no clue as to what the fuck this means, so he gives up and plays WoW, which contains none of the above.

  2. #2
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    925
    BG Level
    5

    I check forums between pop windows or while I'm resting, because I don't LFP, I make the parties 8)

    But yeah, FFXI forums are also more active because people LOVE to complain about it.

  3. #3
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    668
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Re: FFXI forums are so much more active than other MMO forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    because:

    80% of the players' time is spent either LFG, looking up quest/craft/mob info or bitching about the game they are currently playing (ffxi).

    Ever wonder why the guy who you are trying to invite isn't responding when he is seeking? Its because he minimised windower and is trying to either buy gil or read a forum, because that same guy has been seeking for the past 9 fucking hours without a single fucking tell.

    So that same guy gives up seeking (having completely missed your tell amidst all the shout spam from either casinos or just random fags calling each other's moms gay in jeuno) and decides to do a quest to boost his fame since he knows he cant get fame with the party leaders out there, being a DRG and all. So anyway, he talks to a random NPC and starts a quest, that NPC tells him to check out something suspicious in some random zone. He trots off to the random zone and after a good hour of sneak/invisi he finds the ??? that he was told to examine to continue the quest. He examines it, the ??? says:

    IT LOOKS SHINY....

    Now he has no clue as to what the fuck this means, so he gives up and plays WoW, which contains none of the above.
    sadly this is probably the truest statement about ffxi i've ever heard. you should write a book @[email protected];;

  4. #4

    Best thread ever.

  5. #5
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,615
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Well, FFXI forums are nowhere near as active as the Asheron's Call forums were when that game was at its peak.

    I really think it doesnt have as much to do with the game as it has to do with the community that plays it. Games that force social interaction on a higher level tend to have very active boards.


    Also, the WoW forums on the blizzard site are 2x as active as most FF forums, once again destroying this argument.

  6. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    Well, FFXI forums are nowhere near as active as the Asheron's Call forums were when that game was at its peak.

    I really think it doesnt have as much to do with the game as it has to do with the community that plays it. Games that force social interaction on a higher level tend to have very active boards.


    Also, the WoW forums on the blizzard site are 2x as active as most FF forums, once again destroying this argument.
    I think you missed the point.

  7. #7

    WoW's forums are "official" whereas FF forumgoers are fragmented between a lot of different unofficial sites.

    Also, WoW has a larger subscriber base apparently? Well thats what the propaganda engine has been saying.

  8. #8

    Yet another person misses the point.

  9. #9

    It's all right, that guy's a dragoon, he won't be missed.

  10. #10

    Until the December patch when drg becomes the new bandwagon job.

  11. #11

    Hmmm, Quest in FFXI... do this, go here, message is confusing... figure it out... finish quest, get cool cutscene... maybe a crappy item.

    Quest in wow... go farm shit, nope can't sell it because it's a quest item. Kill like 50 to get 15 items, take items back to npc... he says long thank you and maybe you get a crappy item with the occasional decent one oh and some xp.

    Personally I think it's a lose lose situation. I have also had quests in wow that are pretty vague in nature. "This camp is south east from this camp". However what they meant was directly southeast was a camp of monsters 20 levels above you who kill you and the real location is like 10 minutes east and 30 seconds south.

    FFXI Chat Monitor = Never miss a tell again, they are audible.

    Seeking party? well i'll concede that point but honestly i prefer ffxi's method of xp. Questing gets tedious.

    People bitch about whatever game they are playing. It's a given, your obviously "new" to WoW. Come back when you have been playing wow as long as you did FFXI, if you make it that long and see if your still praising how good wow is or how Vanguard or whatever the flavor of the month is better than WoW. I keep repeating this but people keep making these stupid posts... Go play your game and shut the hell up. If wow is so much better why are you clinging on to these FFXI forums so much. If people want your advice on a new game, they'll check out the wow forum that BG made and read your crappy posts.

  12. #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrah
    Seeking party? well i'll concede that point but honestly i prefer ffxi's method of xp. Questing gets tedious.
    And killing crabs for 75 levels isn't?

  13. #13
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,917
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    You kept exping off Steelshells after 70? They're only T-VT and only DC-T at 75

    Aern's are fun exp, try it out.

  14. #14

    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    You kept exping off Steelshells after 70? They're only T-VT and only DC-T at 75

    Aern's are fun exp, try it out.
    I think you missed... nevemind.

  15. #15
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    43
    BG Level
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    You kept exping off Steelshells after 70? They're only T-VT and only DC-T at 75

    Aern's are fun exp, try it out.


    Everyone gripes about xping off the same mobs for so long. The funny part about it is when someone brings up trying something differant....Everyone has a fit about it because they are scared to try something new. I give you points man.. While I havn't xp'd of Aern's yet it's something differant and this game needs more people like you. SE didn't put all the various mobs in a zone just to get in your way. Try killing them, see what kind of xp you get off of it. True you might get your ass handed to you but you'll know better the next time. But then again..you might just find something better to xp off of =p

  16. #16

    these forums shine because me and ondori modeled them after tribalwar.com
    i still dont think they reached their full potential because of some unwanted changes by sendoh, but oh well, we're proud of our forum community

    and razz makes a great point too

  17. #17

    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    WoW's forums are "official" whereas FF forumgoers are fragmented between a lot of different unofficial sites.

    Also, WoW has a larger subscriber base apparently? Well thats what the propaganda engine has been saying.
    Enjoy: http://www.fohguild.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17280

  18. #18
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    507
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

    Where's my Veteran5 title?

  19. #19

    its cause in WoW endgame you hve to continuously shout and monitor the LFG channel for invites for the 6 hours you are LFG.

    have fun with your "/3 60 Hunter LFG UBRS PST" macro.

  20. #20
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,553
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrah

    People bitch about whatever game they are playing. It's a given, your obviously "new" to WoW. Come back when you have been playing wow as long as you did FFXI, if you make it that long and see if your still praising how good wow is or how Vanguard or whatever the flavor of the month is better than WoW. I keep repeating this but people keep making these stupid posts... Go play your game and shut the hell up. If wow is so much better why are you clinging on to these FFXI forums so much. If people want your advice on a new game, they'll check out the wow forum that BG made and read your crappy posts.
    Take a look at all the people who posted in this thread, you'll realize they all play FFXI.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. All offenders are equal, but some are more equal than others?
    By Spider-Dan in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 2009-01-28, 05:40