Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Soboro Sukehiro     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1

    Soboro Sukehiro

    Anyone try the weapon out with any HNMs yet? I'm interested to know whether or not SAM can get any TP while hitting an HNM with it, 'cause if they can, they can do self Light/Dark with just Meditate.

    Don't believe me? Lv50 SAM, just started using it today.


    And, yeah, that's with of course no items that enhance meditate.



    Someone go throw this thing at Fafnir or something. lol... I think it's broken.

  2. #2
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,259
    BG Level
    7

    What are the stats on whatever you're talking about?

    edit: nvm

  3. #3

    The thing is, it's got really low DMG. DMG40, DLY450, Ocassionally attacks 2 to 3 times.

    About 70% Double Attack, 20% Triple, and occasionally you'll hit just once.

  4. #4
    Chram
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,887
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

    The day after Soboro Sukehiro was put in the game a group from my former HNM LS went into Riverne and got three. It's a pretty fun toy for Samurai's and it is more than possible to consistently create self level 3 renkei's if you have a little luck on your side.

  5. #5
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    302
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    The day after Soboro Sukehiro was put in the game a group from my former HNM LS went into Riverne and got three. It's a pretty fun toy for Samurai's and it is more than possible to consistently create self level 3 renkei's if you have a little luck on your side.
    He speaks the truth

  6. #6
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,618
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    your hit rate on a lv40 raptor will be much different then that of on fafnir...

  7. #7
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,259
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    your hit rate on a lv40 raptor will be much different then that of on fafnir...
    I can't see myself missing with like +11 GKT skill and sushi.

    edit: but I wonder how many times I'll hit for 0 with that low ass D rating...

  8. #8
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,158
    BG Level
    6

    how can I get that map thing?

  9. #9

    your damage via ws will be much lower. BUT your blms will love you cuz you can now open tons of Frag Scs with wars (yuka->deci), and light with drks and thfs.

  10. #10

    Because of how str figures into the damage equation, this weapon is arguably the best xp weapon at 75, for the same reason that duel-wielding axes beats great axe. If you have about 500+ attack on deco weapons, Soboro Sukehiro does 70-100 points a swing, whereas with Kamewari (dmg 79 weapon) I was doing 130-150; WS with it were often within 100 points of Kamewari as well (as /war).

  11. #11
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,259
    BG Level
    7

    But Hagun is sooo good.

  12. #12
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,006
    BG Level
    6

    Fiorire is a legend. I <3 her. Say hi to her from Halfpint .

  13. #13

    When I played. We did a run for the 3 SAMs in our LS. We went to Kuftal Tunnel and had fun with the lizards. Amemet was a baby too.

  14. #14
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,768
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by amlaruil
    Because of how str figures into the damage equation, this weapon is arguably the best xp weapon at 75, for the same reason that duel-wielding axes beats great axe. If you have about 500+ attack on deco weapons, Soboro Sukehiro does 70-100 points a swing, whereas with Kamewari (dmg 79 weapon) I was doing 130-150; WS with it were often within 100 points of Kamewari as well (as /war).
    it's sad how accurate this sounds, but two handed damage is so completly broken I wouldn't be shocked if this was completely true.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Lowman Soboro Sukehiro(Unstable Cluster) Fight
    By Thorny in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 2009-10-05, 16:43
  2. Soboro questions
    By Tagus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 2008-09-07, 13:38
  3. Unstable Cluster - Soboro. Summoner style.
    By deced in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 2008-06-02, 05:47
  4. Soboro Grips
    By Zilong in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 2007-10-18, 15:31
  5. Soboro and Brutal Earring question.
    By ringthree in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 2007-09-10, 06:48
  6. Soboro Solo SC on Fafnir?
    By Ravenlokk in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2007-03-02, 21:57
  7. SAM/RNG with Soboro
    By Kael in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 2006-12-07, 11:03
  8. Need SAM input on Soboro Sukehiro
    By Kaiseran in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 2006-10-15, 00:28