Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 217

Thread: Bahamut info thread #2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #161
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,906
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I believe he reposted that to answer demetrios' question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    And your pessimism shines yet again, considering that so far we have heard of 3 confirmed killings of Ouryu, all of which dropped an orb.
    Who were the other two? :O
    Quote Originally Posted by geno
    the /tell log with Monarch's orb in translator
    Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Make more sense?

  2. #162
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    423
    BG Level
    4

    did someone say mike jones?

  3. #163
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirlancelot
    And for the record, what if the last fight is hard and fun...to me fun > items anyday, and yes I still have fun in FFXI.
    no one plays ffxi for fun...



    and um, anyone can hack auto-translates. theres zero Shieka manteel's on my server, but I can auto-trans that item.

  4. #164
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,906
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    and um, anyone can hack auto-translates. theres zero Shieka manteel's on my server, but I can auto-trans that item.
    Yeah, but there was an actual conversation about where it came from.

  5. #165
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    301
    BG Level
    4

    id hate to be the first group to fight bahamut...u go in and take 18 ppl and theres like all the fuckin wyrms beating your ass in less than 1 min b/c u were supposed to take 64

  6. #166
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    and um, anyone can hack auto-translates. theres zero Shieka manteel's on my server, but I can auto-trans that item.
    Yeah, but there was an actual conversation about where it came from.
    I'm not doubting that the convo did or did not take place...but you're forgetting something:
    Humans are capable of lying.

  7. #167
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,248
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    Quote Originally Posted by savageboy
    id hate to be the first group to fight bahamut...u go in and take 18 ppl and theres like all the fuckin wyrms beating your ass in less than 1 min b/c u were supposed to take 64
    Unless you trade the orb to a ??? and then you can hand mini orbs out, I dont see how the game can recognize more than 18 people for 1 BCNM doo-hicky.

  8. #168
    mdn
    mdn is offline
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    525
    BG Level
    5

    did you guys from iron take your orb and try bahamut tonight?

  9. #169
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    184
    BG Level
    3

    Nah, not sure when we will try since these 2 weeks are terrible in attendence due to the holidays. My guess is we will get more people the whisper and than figure out how to move on.

  10. #170
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,906
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    and um, anyone can hack auto-translates. theres zero Shieka manteel's on my server, but I can auto-trans that item.
    Yeah, but there was an actual conversation about where it came from.
    I'm not doubting that the convo did or did not take place...but you're forgetting something:
    Humans are capable of lying.
    No one said it had to be real because it was auto-translated though...

    I'm just sort of wondering why you brought up people hacking auto-translates (especially since IRON has also shown that the orb drops).

    The conversation originally appeared on page 7, but I guess people didn't actually read through the thread anyway.

  11. #171
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,280
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Resisting spells = good and there have always been conflicting reports on CHR's effect on things.
    lol @ people who think PLD gets 60CHR on their armor so they can charm shit PLD/BST.

    It's hate related, face it...or somehow related to a mobs aggro/a PLDs job.
    Only three things I have noticed that CHR does for PLD.

    1. Decreases "Hate Decay" over time.
    2. Increases Intimidation effects. (Dragon Killer, Beast Killer, ect...)
    3. Increasing chances of Resisting Charm. (Need to test this out more...)


    Back to OP....

    It may be possible you need something similar to a Cloud Evoker from each wyrm. Then you present all of these for somekind of mega BC / Dynamis like fight against a full powered Bahumat.

    If the 2nd BC is coded like Dynamis and all mobs can be engaged by any PT, that is going to make for an intresting fight.

  12. #172
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,256
    BG Level
    7

    CHR decreasing the hate decay is still a myth is it not? I'm generally a firm believer in CHR helping with hate but I'd still like to see some conclusive evidence.

  13. #173
    Xavier
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Heian
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Resisting spells = good and there have always been conflicting reports on CHR's effect on things.
    lol @ people who think PLD gets 60CHR on their armor so they can charm shit PLD/BST.

    It's hate related, face it...or somehow related to a mobs aggro/a PLDs job.
    Only three things I have noticed that CHR does for PLD.

    1. Decreases "Hate Decay" over time.
    2. Increases Intimidation effects. (Dragon Killer, Beast Killer, ect...)
    3. Increasing chances of Resisting Charm. (Need to test this out more...)
    I'm a firm believer in #2, the intimidation effects. But I've never really believed that it had much to do with hate, seems too contradictory based on the stats from gear. How can;

    Mahatma Slops
    Charisma +8
    Enmity -4
    and
    Aegishjalmr
    Charisma -7
    Enmity +7

    exist under the idea that chr is enmity. Maybe Square created conflicting pieces of gear, but I dunno, always doubted it because of +enmity gear w/ -chr and +chr gear w/ -enmity. Removing the idea that chr has anything to do w/ enmity and is just intimidation seems to make a bit more sense to me.

    Time to get a lot of cloud evokers now I guess.

  14. #174
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    122
    BG Level
    3

    I always figured having more CHR lessend the amount of hate lost over time.

    Maybe I have it backwards or its complete bull but thats just what I'v always thought.

  15. #175
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    965
    BG Level
    5

    As for resist charm... I have yet to ever see it trigger on Vrtra, sea UFO, or Dynamis NM.

    I agree that CHR enhances the proc rate of killer effects. Hate decay is pretty difficult to confirm by anything other than your gut instinct.

  16. #176
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    75
    BG Level
    2

    It may be possible you need something similar to a Cloud Evoker from each wyrm. Then you present all of these for somekind of mega BC / Dynamis like fight against a full powered Bahumat.
    It makes more sense that the Monarch Orb and the whisper from the first bahamut fight are the only items needed to trigger the 2nd bc. There really are no other items that seem plausibly connected to the BC that have been unaccounted for.

  17. #177
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,280
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Not going to quote everyone...

    Xavier - It is a very hard thing to prove, but when I tank HNM I see very little difference hate wise between Valor Coronet and Konieg Schaller. This could be due a couple of things, but in EXP Valor > Konieg, HNM Koneig > Valor. Its probably a "no shit" idea to most non PLDs however, HNM fight always lasts alot longer than a typical EXP fight.

    In normal EXP PT I rarely have to use anything but 2 Vokes and 2 Flashes (SAM and DRK SATA WS), During HNM I rotate all JA's. I have noticed that over time when wearing the Konieg Head and Hands, my overall hate decay is alot less than wearing Valor Coronet and Gallant Hands. Also I would not put it past SE to make something contridicting, we are talking about SE here....

    Razz and Demetrios - I wish there was some way to parse it, but yeah its more of a gut feeling, also I just think it really comes down to your own personal tanking style. Only other thing I can think of is going all out on CHR and trying it, but I dont think it will work without a decent amount of Enmity + gear.

  18. #178
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,256
    BG Level
    7

    Valor > Koenig for HNMs if you use pld/nin.

  19. #179
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,280
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Valor > Koenig for HNMs if you use pld/nin.
    One day I will get to try it.

    Only Valor I have is the head, all my other lots have been less than 100. Nothing like watching a noob PLD in Adaman wining the lot with 900+ every single time Valor drops....

  20. #180
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,302
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Oh yea, and the Cloud Evoker is common.

    So, to sum it all up, kthxbai.
    Common... to sum it all up, you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. kthxbai.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Items, Grips, and Misc Info Gathering Thread
    By BRP in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 383
    Last Post: 2007-09-01, 22:22
  2. Need info on 2nd Bahamut fight..
    By KingAFK in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2006-09-28, 10:55
  3. Why don't you have a Bahamut 3 (?) and Prime Avatars thread?
    By Tom Chambers in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 2006-02-19, 02:51
  4. Bahamut Thread #3
    By caffine in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 218
    Last Post: 2005-12-25, 00:06
  5. Official Bahamut Pic Thread(FFXI players sucks :P)
    By Erza in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 2005-06-23, 05:29