Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Ginuva's Theory & Schultz Stratagems

I was told on my recent little romp through Dynamis-Xarcabard that if everybody in the alliance has these them; they force AF2 to drop. Is this true or just wishful thinking?

Xavier

Could be true, but its more wishful thinking that everyone in the alliance is going to have one.

uh.....

Seeing that whenever the server checks for drops, it rolls for each person in the alliance/zone(dynamis), and AF2+Paper can drop at the same time, probably NOT.

Never been tested to my recollection, though. In theory, it doesn't work, in practice, well, why don't you have your LS try it?

We are trying but there is always that one person who must have been afk and ends up using the scroll...lol.

Scream at them, tell them they fail at life, and if they use it again they'll be kicked out of the LS.

XP Scrolls drop from statues, AF2 does not. How should one affect the other? It doesn't.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lito Rex
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They also drop from Demon NMs in Dynamis-Xarcabard

Every demon NM drops 1 coins, 1 scroll and possibly 1 AF. They can also drop 100 coins but I can't remember if that drop uses up the 1 coin slot, or if its separate.

Anyway, its not a matter of scroll (Schultz) or AF2, scroll is autodrop and not related to the AF slot.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If every person in an eighteen man alliance has a pixie earring, King Behemoth will guarantee Defending Rings!

Maybe.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Zim
    If every person in an eighteen man alliance has a pixie earring, King Behemoth will guarantee Defending Rings!

Maybe.
    Used to work, but is patched now.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I recall somebody (might have been Russta) reminiscing about using this trick to force 6x Erase to drop from BC40. It has been patched though.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

The trick still works in BCNMs, the game will try to replace the item(s) but only once. After that, if it comes up with another item you already have, you get nothing in that slot.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    The trick still works in BCNMs, the game will try to replace the item(s) but only once. After that, if it comes up with another item you already have, you get nothing in that slot.
    you sure they dont just "FUCK OFF" you ??

I did Hecteyes after someone said this trick still works, we bought up all the rare shit we didnt have and I went in...got 3 items instead of 6, and 2 of those items are the fixed drops (Hecteyes eye and Mercury).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Re: Ginuva's Theory & Schultz Stratagems

Quote Originally Posted by Cyronae
    wishful thinking

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Ginuva's Theory only drops from statues that don't drop AF. Schultz Stratagem's drop in a slot that isn't replaced by AF2 on the NM's. If, for example, Prince Seere dropped Cleric Mitts instead of a Schultz Stratagems then I would've agreed there is some logic to what you're saying had the principle of this happening not been patched over a year ago.

I've seen BST hands, 100 and WHM Body Drop off statues. (I was even winner of body). But you can treat it like we do. Everyone knows why blm manaburn dynamis sucks becuase when you nuke kill shit thier drops blow, but throw a thf in the blm alliance and have them melee'n statues that are being nuked. It does help.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I've been doing dynamis for well over a year, northlands for around a year, and I have never seen AF drop off a statue. Vanguard Eyes are debatable as to if they are mobs or statues, seeing as the eyes can drop single currency as well as 100 currency.

I've seen BST hands, 100 and WHM Body Drop off statues. (I was even winner of body). But you can treat it like we do. Everyone knows why blm manaburn dynamis sucks becuase when you nuke kill shit thier drops blow, but throw a thf in the blm alliance and have them melee'n statues that are being nuked. It does help.

I've been doing dynamis for well over a year, northlands for around a year, and I have never seen AF drop off a statue. Vanguard Eyes are debatable as to if they are mobs or statues, seeing as the eyes can drop single currency as well as 100 currency.
    Seriously unless you have a SS, Imma have to go with Nynja on this one. Ive done over 100 Dynamises...never seen an AF drop from a Statue. Eyes..well I havent done enough Xarcs (about 10) to say for sure.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag