Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level

How would you fix inflation?

Lets start off with saying: gil sellers do not contribue to inflation more than the average player(and they also extract from inflation, possibly more than the non-limbus[dynamis is an area in limbus] player). You could say "SE would help inflation a lot if they bought small amounts of gil and delete the bank accounts"... but we also need to be realistic.

Anyway, I don't want to list everything I've thought about in the matter yet. One from me would be the addition of something that cost a lot gil, without giving gil back to the system, and rewarding you. Having a "pet"(cats and dogs do exist in Vana'diel) or "chocobo breeding".

With buying gifts(FROM NPCs!!! Not AH) or 'upgrading' them(Chocobo -> Red Chocobo -> Black Chocobo -> ect), you would be drainning gil. Have the 'upgrades' get harder and harder(but not originally too hard). For the rest of this post I'm talking about Chocobo raising.

Giving rare/ex (GOOD!) gear would be nice, along with quests spawned from the Chocobo. This could be easy to do, assuming the chocobos don't have differences aside from color. Just add in more models. Once the chocobos are raised, they will still cost the normal fees like any Chocobo. Maybe at certain point their price will always cost the same (at 500 gil... note you might be losing gil at the cheaper areas; but thats less inflation).

Imagine Gold Chocobo(costing as much as a level of Relic weapon alone), having a GM like effect of blur and shine like the sun, and everyone chasing the player around to grab a SS and post it on some forum. (Sorry for any grammer errors, I'm kind of distracted).

Anyway post your ideas on how to fix inflation. zOMG NERF GIL SELLERS, not included.

(UPDATED EVERY SO OFTEN)List of Quality:

(Above). - BRP

More things like Vir subligar
    Maybe worthwhile gear could be obtained by getting a rare/ex item from say bahamut and you'd have to also fork over a good deal of gil
    - Axil

do like the idea of escalating (or minimized) priced purchases from vendors. If I'm trying to sell 100 Errant Slops to a vendor, all 100 should not go for the same price .... I would think each one after the third or fourth should be reduced in price, although I think there should be some base minimum for crafters who just have to get rid of stuff. - Byrd

Armor upgrading is one I have been tinkering with. I would say weapon, but the issue there is at 75....you run the risk of upgrading a weapon beyond that of a Relic Weapon. Granted...general concensus is that 90% of relic weapons crap, we still cannot take that away from those who have completed them

Now, on to Armor upgrading. SE has implemented this for AF with Limbus, and AFv2 with the new Dynamis areas. However, these upgrades do not take gil...just drops from said areas, some of which are annoying as hell. What I am proposing is an NPC who will add stats to non-AF armor. Be it purchased, crafted, or dropped, rare/ex or not...this NPC can add stats, abilities to your gear...for a price of course. What upgrades are available are dependant on the level/type of armor. For example:

1-10 Armor: No upgrades.

10-20 Armor: A few. Melee armor could have some HP/STR/DEX/AGI added, Mage armor could have MP/CHR/MND/INT added. Prices for upgrades would be in 1000-9999 range.

20-30 Armor: Same as above. Maybe a few more boosts. Prices rise to upto 20000

30-50 Armor: Along with the above...attack accuracy, and the like are now options. Certain upgrades will cost upto 500k

50-75 Armor: Now the big boys. Auto-Refresh, Regen, Double Attack, and the like are now options. But these will cost you up to 10 million.

To balance things out, every armor will not have every option available to it. Someone cannot take an Errant Houppelande and turn it into an Osode...but as it is mage gear...Auto-Refresh could be added for 5 million.

To allow for +1 armor, these +1's would have more options open to them than the NQ's from the NPC. For example, Dragon Harness could have Triple Attack +5% added to it for 10 million. Dragon Harness+1 could have Triple Attack +8% added to it for the same price. This makes the +1 still wanted. This means crafters will be cranking out the armor synths, possibly buying materials from NPC's....removing more gil from the system.

All upgraded armor becomes Rare/Ex.

This system would allow players to customize theuir armor to suite their game play. Are you a SMN who like to solo...spend millions on getting a free Fenrir...or are you a SMN who likes big damage in a short time (like me)...spend millions on Avatar Attack and -BP timer. And the best part....billions of gil woul be removed as every HNMLS would have its players dumping all their money to pimp out their gear.
    - Cleveland

Square makes Dynamis currency buyable from a Goblin NPC somewhere. Limit it to 50 EX currencies available every time you do Dynamis for 20k each (2 million gil a week for 100 singles), it would take 179 weeks (3.4 years) and 358 million gil to get enough currency to fully upgrade an Excalibur (for example) if you solely relied on NPCs for money.

You're welcomed Square, I will take my payment in Galkas.
    - Septimus

I think the best way to do this would be temporary boosts to weapons and armor, like if I pay an NPC 20k to sharpen my Joyeuse (5 extra damage) and that lasts a certain number of attacks. When that quota is met, it goes back to being a normal Joyeuse but I can go and get it sharpened again. You could do this in all sorts of ways, polishing jewelry that lasts a week or two- INT rings get Magic Attack Bonus, MND rings get magical accuracy, DEX rings get accuracy, maybe even have it so that there could be several types of polishes for different kinds of rings, so that you could get one MND ring with MAB and a second MND ring with magical accuracy. (Of course, you could not sell an item while it was sharpened or polished.) - Septimus.

Add new items in game besides the two year old haubergeon/scorpion harness/hauberk with similar stats that have crafting materials that are a bit more plentiful then the ones needed for haubergeon/hauberk/scorpion harness. - Sekkite.

Fix the gil dupeing or fishing or wherever all the fricken gil is coming into the economy. There are ample gil sinks already in place.

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Re: How would you fix inflation?

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    (Sorry for any grammar errors, I'm kind of distracted).
    fixed.

and unless you'd get something extremely über, noone would upgrade chocobos.... at least not at the price of a relic.. lol.

EDIT: and to get the GM "blur" (which is something to show us that the GMs are not supposed to be in the game and are "bursting a hole into our dimension" or whatever..) and sparkly hands, a person would just switch in the GM sword .DAT... noone'd spend money on something unless they got something besides bragging rights of having spent most gil on the server to get a different colored chocobo.

Banned.

BG Level

Fix the gil dupeing or fishing or wherever all the fricken gil is coming into the economy. There are ample gil sinks already in place.
    You mean nerf crafting, so that crafted items can't be sold to NPCs? Because that is where the gil is coming from. And after they did that, there would still be a few billion too many in the system.

And yeah, I only meant the final one to be super costy(because some people would spend that gil for the hell of it)... while the rest of the stages being a lot cheaper and slowly costing more. If everyone got a Blue Chocobo, that'd be a lot.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

They could start by having a reasonable price on NPC barone gear.

But gil is obviously being duped somehow. Currently the NPC and quest gil srops are a joke, anything you make will be spent on one chocobo or AH fee, yet somehow everyone mysteriously has more money than before.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I did my party for Levithan's economy!

Linsivi lost a Femina Subligar. .... 8 times.

I never thought of the idea that perhaps gil was being duped, but the more and more than I think about it this does seem to be what is happening.

But the strange thing, is that if gil really is being duped, it is happening across all servers. Every single one. If the information was widespread enough that 1 person from every server had access to it, then certainly it would be widespread enough that it would accidentally slip into the hands of the average player, don't you think?

Fuck it, who knows really.

as much as i wish there was. there is no real fix for inflation. only things that will slow it down for a short time

Banned.

BG Level

Its crafted items being sold to NPC because AH would make it harder for them to get rid of it.

Maybe SE should add a NPC who can take a couple copies of an item and give back items for the needed NPC. Most crafters wouldn't do this, but for some recipes its probably better off. (I rather SE add a lot of crappy fixes, than only keeping the good ones they have now).

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Add a Jeuno Aketon that costs 5.000.000 gil.

Quote Originally Posted by thompkinsthebrian
    as much as i wish there was. there is no real fix for inflation. only things that will slow it down for a short time
    My idea to fix inflation is to completely demolish the crafting system. The crafting system is the reason Vana'diel has been completely fucked from the start. The system of producing 10 NQs for every 1 HQ of an item and the fact that armor never wears out over time is the reason people can't afford to level a craft. It is the reason HQ prices are retarded. It is the reason prices keep spiralling up, and never down.
    They would need to completely redo the crafting system, from the ground up, and make armor generate wear and tear

Relic Shield
    BG Level

You mean nerf crafting, so that crafted items can't be sold to NPCs? Because that is where the gil is coming from. And after they did that, there would still be a few billion too many in the system.
    Its crafted items being sold to NPC because AH would make it harder for them to get rid of it.
    meh this is so moot it's not even funny, majority of powerleveling crafters make up for this by selling to NPC for large losses, and this process is not the gold mine you make it out to be.

E. Body
    BG Level

The best and oldest method of fixing inflation is by making money meaningless to endgame players. How do you that? Easy, make rare/ex items like abjurations. The fact that the CoP wyrm loot is easily RMTable is disgusting.

There is so much RMTing going on they may aswell have a "swipe credit card here" option on the auction house.

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    meh this is so moot it's not even funny, majority of powerleveling crafters make up for this by selling to NPC for large losses, and this process is not the gold mine you make it out to be.
    It's obviously not a goldmine, but it does add gil to the economy where gil didn't exist before. Even if the person NPCing the items doesn't profit from it, overall the total amount of gil in the economy does increase.

That being said, I don't think that's where all the gil is coming from. Inflation is happening too fast for that to be all there is to it.

well the banish3 glitch did dump alot of "duped" gil into the game. ive heard of several people who maxed their gil on it for the short time it existed.

but something ive always thought would have an interesting result is if SE basically wiped the AH. first they would give everyone a week warning that it was gonna happen. then they wipe the AH and make it unusable for a few days. then after that time they put one of each item on AH for a "reasonable price". it would probably just be a temperary fix but would be interesting i guess?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    The best and oldest method of fixing inflation is by making money meaningless to endgame players. How do you that? Easy, make rare/ex items like abjurations. The fact that the CoP wyrm loot is easily RMTable is disgusting.

There is so much RMTing going on they may aswell have a "swipe credit card here" option on the auction house.
    unfortuanatly people like FI have found ways around even rare/ex gear, you need stuff to be like the homam set where only the 18 man alliance is present for the looting. hate to make a WoW refrence but, if you are not in the raid group for the kill, or your spirit is not in your body during the kill(not sure how this works) you cannot recive any bind on pickup loot.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

As someone said here, there is no way to fix inflation now unless they create more money sinks.

With 99.9% of the transaction in the game being via trading and now expensive items being bazaared in batallia/rolanberry/sauromange to avoid auction taxes and bazaar taxes, that removes another "money sink" that would add up.

People have found a way to basically get gil out of the game. Quests that reward players with gil should be a one time deal only. (I.e, you can't trade 0984850934509490340958340534098 tiger fangs for gil. Just three fangs for that one time.)

Over time with players handing off items to their friends as they quit, items and gil have never actually been removed from the server.

Dynamis removes an "ok" amount, but from only 64 players, you're losing about 16-50k a person which a 75 can farm in all of 3 seconds. Chocobos are 1-3k... But they can't increase the price of them or it'll effect new players who are unable to afford them. Limbus is 50k a person, but that's still not enough. Thing is, people are so stingy with money, even if they don't have a need for it that they won't spend it.

WoW is sort of the same way. Gold leaves the game all the time though by buying repairs for armor. (At level 60, you can have 3-5 gold armor repairs.. Multiply that by 40 per RAID and you're talking massive loss of gold.) Reagents for stuff, etc... And to top it off, armor is Bind on Equip or Pick up which prevents too much supply.

1.have a huge server maintaince and erase all the gil from everyones accounts and start everyone over from square one on gil, as though the game just came out that second

2. implement a new system with NPCs. They can only buy a few from you, until the NPC "Runs out of Gil" also make it so everyone has a set amount that they can also buy from each NPC not a set amount for everyone combined

3. make sales caps on AH. for EVERY item. and link it with the price of a synth. ex. item A + item b + crystal = item C

A caps at 500 gil, B caps at 500 gil, crystal caps 1000 gil, C caps out at 1500. HQ C caps at 2500

if there is an issue with you spending too much to level a craft cause you are losing money on synths, oh well go out and farm the items

4. Make it so there is good rare/ex gear for all jobs at all levels. but obviously dont make it the best. (still want people crafting)

5. Give people the brains and patience to NOT pay for shit they know is too expensive.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by thompkinsthebrian
    1.have a huge server maintaince and erase all the gil from everyones accounts and start everyone over from square one on gil, as though the game just came out that second

2. implement a new system with NPCs. They can only buy a few from you, until the NPC "Runs out of Gil" also make it so everyone has a set amount that they can also buy from each NPC not a set amount for everyone combined

3. make sales caps on AH. for EVERY item. and link it with the price of a synth. ex. item A + item b + crystal = item C

A caps at 500 gil, B caps at 500 gil, crystal caps 1000 gil, C caps out at 1500. HQ C caps at 2500

if there is an issue with you spending too much to level a craft cause you are losing money on synths, oh well go out and farm the items

4. Make it so there is good rare/ex gear for all jobs at all levels. but obviously dont make it the best. (still want people crafting)

5. Give people the brains and patience to NOT pay for shit they know is too expensive.
    I've bolded the ideas that would make me quit.

All NQ versions of craftable items are purchasable from NPC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast