Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48
  1. #1

    Contaminated Colosseum info

    Ya, brown belt jumped from 3.2 -> 3.7 -> 6m in 3transactions just as I started leveling mine again. Fuck that. Fuck camping a 21-24 hour pop NM that I don't know the tod of too.

    Anyways, does anybody have a decent strat for this? I've heard 5smn+leacher (or I could go on bst, wouldn't be as much of a leach then) is the only way to win. Is that true? :/

    Also, is the vine really a 100% drop rate? D:

  2. #2
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,615
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I've won with a normal PT setup. You need to watch the instant death breath, just move when he breathes deeply or whatever.

    Don't believe the garbage "You need xxx insta win setup to win xxx BC", it's never true.

    We got 2/2 morbolger vines from this. No idea if it actually is 100% drop though.

  3. #3
    BEES OH GOD BEES
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,363
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    it's 100% drop. according to everyone I've talked to about this (I'm gonna get myself a Brown belt soon as well.)

  4. #4
    Physicist
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,493
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    It is not a 100% drop. We went 3/5 on this (2 losses getting down the strat) didn't once get the vine.

  5. #5
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,370
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    I hear bringing a galka into the BC is an instant loss.

  6. #6

    the trick is to get your LS whms to put up their KSs for the pwnsauce morgenstern

  7. #7
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3
    BG Level
    0

    I've done this one alot and gotten the drop about 90% of the time.

    5smn+leech works well takes about 4 min

  8. #8
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,690
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

    I did this BC for the vine and went 1/3, didnt lose any of the runs. its 60% drop rate I've heard.

  9. #9
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    946
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    I've won with a normal PT setup. You need to watch the instant death breath, just move when he breathes deeply or whatever.

    Don't believe the garbage "You need xxx insta win setup to win xxx BC", it's never true.

    We got 2/2 morbolger vines from this. No idea if it actually is 100% drop though.
    Give me a winning setup for Eye of the Storm then thats not 5blms or something.

  10. #10
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,611
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    I've won with a normal PT setup. You need to watch the instant death breath, just move when he breathes deeply or whatever.

    Don't believe the garbage "You need xxx insta win setup to win xxx BC", it's never true.

    We got 2/2 morbolger vines from this. No idea if it actually is 100% drop though.
    Give me a winning setup for Eye of the Storm then thats not 5blms or something.
    6 blm's.

  11. #11
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    657
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    I've won with a normal PT setup. You need to watch the instant death breath, just move when he breathes deeply or whatever.

    Don't believe the garbage "You need xxx insta win setup to win xxx BC", it's never true.

    We got 2/2 morbolger vines from this. No idea if it actually is 100% drop though.
    Give me a winning setup for Eye of the Storm then thats not 5blms or something.
    6 blm's.

  12. #12

    Atleast I know a WHM who just about has level 4 relic (short only attestation) and wants a morgenstaur thinger to offhand, if I don't get one off my orb I'll get one from him ;p

    What tank do you guys think is best, nin war or pld?

    Oh and completely unrelated question, but eba (nm for fomor tunic) spawns at that spot where most people farm subligars right? 2.6m for jujitsu gi on bahamut, fuck that, fomor tunic 4tw

  13. #13
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,742
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    I've won with a normal PT setup. You need to watch the instant death breath, just move when he breathes deeply or whatever.

    Don't believe the garbage "You need xxx insta win setup to win xxx BC", it's never true.

    We got 2/2 morbolger vines from this. No idea if it actually is 100% drop though.
    Give me a winning setup for Eye of the Storm then thats not 5blms or something.


    6 BEASTMASTERS!

  14. #14

    Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo

    Oh and completely unrelated question, but eba (nm for fomor tunic) spawns at that spot where most people farm subligars right? 2.6m for jujitsu gi on bahamut, fuck that, fomor tunic 4tw
    remember that time we farmed subligars it was sitting there so people 2houred those diremits and it dropped something...

  15. #15
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    39
    BG Level
    1

    Did this bc 4 times, 3/4 drop on vine.

    5X smn and a leech, easy stuff. Out of all runs we had 1 death, still pretty simple. Only bad thing I can think about this guy is his Extremely Bad Breath that auto KO's a person (line of sight short range AOE). His attacks inflict gravity from what I saw, other than that, typical malboro.

  16. #16
    Physicist
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,493
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    This actually is not a hard BC at all. If you have RDM+BLM and a decent Ninja to kite (actually kite with whatever you want.)

    We treated this almost exactly like Chelvnik. Use Gravity and Bind inteliigently and you will be alright. A single RDM chainspell-nuking took like 30% off it IIRC (twas me), I usually did that at the open to get a large amount of life off it just to make it less time that I had to keep gravity on it.

  17. #17

    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo

    Oh and completely unrelated question, but eba (nm for fomor tunic) spawns at that spot where most people farm subligars right? 2.6m for jujitsu gi on bahamut, fuck that, fomor tunic 4tw
    remember that time we farmed subligars it was sitting there so people 2houred those diremits and it dropped something...
    I wasn't sure if that was eba or something else ;x

    But that's a lie, I accidently agroed it...we didn't actually pull it... D:

  18. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    Atleast I know a WHM who just about has level 4 relic (short only attestation) and wants a morgenstaur thinger to offhand, if I don't get one off my orb I'll get one from him ;p

    0/4 on the club when i did it ¬_¬ just crappy thyrusstarwtfmoostaff

    but we got vine every time

  19. #19
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,022
    BG Level
    9

    thyrusstarwtfmoostaff
    Anyone on Midgardsormr doing this soon? because I need that ;/.

  20. #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Helpoemer
    Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    Atleast I know a WHM who just about has level 4 relic (short only attestation) and wants a morgenstaur thinger to offhand, if I don't get one off my orb I'll get one from him ;p

    0/4 on the club when i did it ¬_¬ just crappy thyrusstarwtfmoostaff

    but we got vine every time
    helpo lets get some smn together sometime, I have 21 seals but started leveling BST again just for seals D: EXP be damned, I wanted KS!

    But ya, you bring orb... I bring orb... I take your vine if one doesn't drop from mine, you take my club if one doesn't drop from yours.

    Deal? DEAL.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Dynamis-Bastok Info
    By Quicklet in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2004-08-04, 06:34