Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Trick Attack when subbing THF

I was once told that when u are subbing THF that Trick Attack does not add damage (to your Weapon Skill). can anyone confirm this or disprove it for me?

Sparky

Not only that, SA and DA are not affected by DEX or AGI as they are when main THF. Also, TA will not guarantee a hit unless you are a main THF 60+ due to Assassin trait.

all TA is good for when its /THF is giving the hate to someone else

So for THF sub Trick attack is only used a Hate "redirector" (not a word but oh well)?

Sparky

Re: Trick Attack when subbing THF

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I was once told that when u are subbing THF that Trick Attack does not add damage (to your Weapon Skill). can anyone confirm this or disprove it for me?

Sparky
    but doesn't SA make your WS a critical hit <_< thats what I thought anyway but my all meens tell me if i'm wrong

SA as /THF makes the next attack round auto-hit, the 1st hit auto-crit. On WS it guarantees the first hit, or the 1st 2 hits with HTH/Dual Wield. The crit on WS acts as a damage multiplier.

TA on sub only transfers the hate, it does nothing for damage or for your chance to hit.

ok.. Thank you for the clarification

Sparky

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Sneak Attack does NOT make the next attack an "Auto-Hit" unless it is from behind the monster, just to clarify. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise but all SA is from a sub is a guaranteed critical hit on the ws (or first hit of a multi-hit WS such as Dragon Kick for MNKs). Likewise, TA isn't 100% hit or 100% successful in "tricking" the hate onto the person between the monster and the TA'er. Both are successful from behind the monster and with a party member between the SATA person and the monster. The other part about assassin trait is true too. SA & TA from sub = only 100% successful when monster is facing the other way (SA) and there is a player between monster & person (TA).

Wow. Just wow.

Both are successful from behind the monster and with a party member between the SATA person and the monster
    Correct me if I'm wrong but you can be anywhere around the mob to TA hate onto someone else, not restricted to behind them. Obviously you'd need to be for SATA, but in this case we're discussing TA exclusively.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaru
    Both are successful from behind the monster and with a party member between the SATA person and the monster
    Correct me if I'm wrong but you can be anywhere around the mob to TA hate onto someone else, not restricted to behind them. Obviously you'd need to be for SATA, but in this case we're discussing TA exclusively.
    You can TA from anywhere, but it can miss, and hence do nothing.

The Assasssin trait makes it so you can TA without missing.

Besides Assassin, the only other way to guarantee TA to hit is to stack it with SA, which causes your next hit to always hit and critical(if you're behind, of course)

Am I on the right forum or did I accidently go to Alla by mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Wow. Just wow.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

PRAISE BE TO ALLAH

..... such simple concepts that you can figure out by using the abilities three or four times.

From my understanding of it, since using it as subjob TA does not work unless you are behind the mob. Just like THF before they get assasin trait.

TA works from anywhere as long as you are behind another party/alliance member, with THF main or sub.

Reason most people do it from behind is so they can stack SA, which is a guaranteed critical hit.

TA on THF sub isn't a guaranteed hit, and if done from in front of the mob, has a possibility of missing.

This thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    This thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.
    Is it that 'I want to fucking kill someone right now' feeling?

From my understanding of it, since using it as subjob TA does not work unless you are behind the mob. Just like THF before they get assasin trait.
    There's a reason your two leveled jobs are BLM and WHM. Please don't confuse the already confused by posting incorrect info. It just makes the angry, angrier.

A little bird told me that someone on KI did a bunch of tests and proved that:

When stacking SA + TA from /THF on a Multi-hit WS, SA guarantees that the first hit is a critical, and TA guarantees that the 2nd hit always lands (or perhaps is also a critical?)

I have no idea if this is actually true, but TA from /THF may do something for multi-hit WS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag