Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Manipulating the Empress Band

I mentioned in another forum that you can use the empress band 4 times in one day. Got PMed by a few people on how and PMed them back with this following description. Just thought i'd post it for easy reference and for those that haven't figured out some of the tricks to using it multiply times a day.

Taking advantage of multiple band uses is easy. The average number of times you can use it a day is 2. Sometimes you can even do 3-4 times but this is rarer and require certain things to be in the correct timeframe. Anyway to use it a average of 2 times a day, I just use it then log out then when I log back in I go straight to xping (it will stay on for 3 hours so no hurry and won't wear off while your logged out). Then use it again once it wears off. Even if its not ready for a second use when the 1st wears it will only take a few hours before you can use it again.

Now to use it 3 times you merely do whats above but when you reach 0 charges just reset it at the gaurd and it will be ready to use again. So it would look like this [1st time before you log, 2nd time after you log back in and use 1st charge, and 3rd time whenever your band reaches 0] In this way you can use it 3 times in 1 day.

Now how to use it 4 times in 1 day lol. The requirments for this can rarely be met but since I play 2 characters it is rather easy for me and I work it out this way alot. On saturday around noonish use the xp band on your character log him out. Log back in Sunday morning before conquest and use the xp boost then use the second (on Saturday your band will have to be 2/7 for this to work also). Now you will be 0/7, go to the guard recharge it and use it again. This all has to be done before conquest remember. Use the 3rd boost wait for conquest to end then toss your band. Buy a new one from guard and use your 4th xp boost for the day.

The empress band can be manipulated many ways it just depends if your lucky enough to meet the requirments to use it multiple times a day. If your work your xp sceduale around your band you can get a shitload of xp fast in just a few hours. What I do while I wait for the requirments to reset usually revolves around making money and endgame crap. Also since I have two characters its even easier for me to take advantage of the band.

Hope this helps anyone who didn't know about this.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

How did you find that? Nice little abuse, but I've the feeling it will be nerfed soon if it's posted here.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There will be emergency maintenance as soon as one of the GM's read this forum (which I'm sure they do daily). Either that or someone from Alla/KI will see this and plaster it all over there, resulting in the same outcome.

Enjoy!

blax n gunz
    BG Level

the 2 times a day thing is easy to figure out, as long as you lock yourself into an npc conversation while you wait for an invite (unless you're soloing) so that it doesn't wear on you between parties.

3-4 times a day means you have to exp more or less nonstop for 8 or more hours, and well

this thread just caused 15+ hours of maintenance... n1

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Jan. 21, 2006 22:30 [PST]

All Worlds Maintenance (Jan. 21)

At the following time, we will be performing FINAL FANTASY XI server maintenance on all Worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

We ask that those players who are scheduled to enter Dynamis or Limbus at the time of the maintenance wait until it is over before entering. Please note that we do not guarantee any items that may be lost during the period of the maintenance.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience.

[Affected Period]
    Jan. 21, 2006 from 23:00 to Jan. 22 14:00 (PST)
    *Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XI

[Maintenance Details]
    To resolve the empress band issue.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

lolz.

I've never been in an exp party where I used the band and still had the effect on after more than 30 minutes, so that doesn't really work for me ; ;

Just the getting your band refilled after conquest which I already do quite often.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Altron

At the following time, we will be performing FINAL FANTASY XI server maintenance on all Worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

We ask that those players who are scheduled to enter Dynamis or Limbus at the time of the maintenance wait until it is over before entering. Please note that we do not guarantee any items that may be lost during the period of the maintenance.

[Affected Period]

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XI

[Maintenance Details]
    All players who have previously before used said issues to their advantage shall be banned.
    fixed

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

thanks

its not really an abuse.. considering to use it "twice in one day" involves using it the day before, logging out so as not to play, and then logging back in to make use of the previous day's charge. Personally, that tactic doesnt work for me considering I never know when I will be xping and to use it twice one day, I would miss using it the previous day in any event.

By the same token, the trading in for new charges/chucking the ring on a new conquest week have been around since the week the rings were introduced, and there is no possible way SE dont already know about it. When it comes down to it, both of these "exploits" add up to a grand total of 2k xp extra per week, I hardly think they think of it as a big deal, really.

Useless if you pt for hours everyday. Only for super casual players who really play on the weekends or something.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

i hardly play now adays and i find it very good for lvling bst..

thank you for the replay on the PM and posting this hear

/allakhazam rate up >.>:

People used to do this all the time with 2-Hours on BCs. You'd gather for the BC, use them, and instantly logout. Log back in 2 hours later, enter BC (with 2HR still active), and then use it again during the BC. It really only applies to long 2HR like Astral Flow, but it's been done before.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by geno
    Quote Originally Posted by Altron

[Affected Period]

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XI

[Maintenance Details]
    All players who have previously before used said issues to their advantage shall be banned. This does not include Japanese players or gil sellers.
    fixed
    fixed II.

Hardly an abuse, just timing it differently. Also, when you recharge your band, the re-use time gets reset too, dunnit? No need to toss.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

when u recharge, its timer doesnt get reset... its stupid ; ;

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just when it's 0 charges.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting