Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 159

Thread: Unji + Unsho =     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    600
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Unji + Unsho =

    Do any of you actually use Unji/Unsho together? I mean they're both pieces of crap to me - but after seeing people pay retarded amounts of money for them on the speculation that they give haste (I saw that in some retards comment) higher damage when paired, gives you wings, gets you laid, mithras clothes fall off or w/e.

    Who has it. Say something.

  2. #2

    I prefer Senj/Mamushito+1 or Senj/Rai Kunimitsu.
    I smell NIN PT parse!

  3. #3

    I use Senji/Fudo. IMO the only way I'd use either of these is if it was paried with a Senji in mainhand. NEVER, EVER use both, and never mainhand either of these. Senji/Unji-Unsho is about the only viable option I can see.

  4. #4
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    30,705
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Senji/Fudo onry for me (or 2 Mamushito+1s for soloing). Even if I might build TP faster with Unji/Unsho, the gimpy WSs (compared to Senji mainhand) and ~90 mil price tag on Asura just wouldn't be worth it to me

  5. #5
    Xavier
    Guest

    Senji/Fudo.
    I like Senji / Fudo more than Senji/Rai Kunimitsu, losing 2% crit but gaining an extra 4 dmg on the weapon seems like a better trade-off to me.

  6. #6
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    600
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Ok - I think you guys misunderstood. I know the better configurations. I want someone to explain why the fuck it's so expensive when it doesn't do jack shit.

  7. #7

    Unsho drop rate?

  8. #8

    I liked senj/unji better then senj/fudo while i had a unji. HAd to sell it to buy other gear but meh i still think its better. Don't have any parses of them against each other tho so i don't know how much of a differnce there actually is.

    Don't really know about unji/unsho since the lower ws would suck/lower hits would suck. The 6% crit hit rate with senj in main hand is just something too insane to give up since jins a crit ws.

    It's expensive because it's rare and thats probably the only reason. Some people like unji/unsho better and i'm not gonna say its better or worse till i play with a unsho. Last i saw unsho was 30m on midgard and unji is 8.5 so its definatly not worth switching to them from something pretty much free (senj/fudo).

  9. #9
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    30,705
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Enitsu
    Ok - I think you guys misunderstood. I know the better configurations. I want someone to explain why the fuck it's so expensive when it doesn't do jack shit.
    Because they're gold (of course Fudoes are gold too so probably not)? I'd guess back in the day some JP NIN was running around with them, NA player saw it, and wanted the E-peen. It just spread from there.

  10. #10
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,615
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    On Fenrir at least, there's a dumb rumor (false of course) that wielding both has a massive delay lowering hidden effect.

  11. #11
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    40
    BG Level
    1

    http://ffxi.killvoid.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=107338

    nin with U+U outparsed a nin with relic katana. Apparantly the lower delay from U+U is better when you hit the cap on a mobs defense. the extra dmg on fudo/senji doesn't have any effect when you hit that cap or something to that effect. read the thread if you're interested.

  12. #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Julius
    http://ffxi.killvoid.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=107338

    nin with U+U outparsed a nin with relic katana. Apparantly the lower delay from U+U is better when you hit the cap on a mobs defense. the extra dmg on fudo/senji doesn't have any effect when you hit that cap or something to that effect. read the thread if you're interested.
    Considering xmode has been proven a complete and total retard in that thread, i don't see how his "Parse" proves anything. Especially when i've parsed @880 avg jin and he called bs saying jin caps @720 dmg.

  13. #13
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    925
    BG Level
    5

    I don't know any NIN that has ever said that Unji/Unsho was a good combination except for one on Fenrir who swore it was good but still sucked anyway. I can see the delay being nice since it is a bit lower and NIN is all about haste, but whenever you break 20% crit rate on average using Senj/Fudo there is no way Unji and Unsho would ever keep up.

  14. #14

    I perfer the senji / rai combo. Maxed crit merits, + senji + rai = pimp. Just getting 1 more critical makes the 4dmg difference on Rai katana not a big deal imo. Crit all the way!

    as for unsho + unji, alot of ppl like to see their model moving non stop, but from what ive seen while xping with ninjas with this combo, is their jin's are too weak compared to Senji/Rai, or Senji/Fudo or even Senji/Mamu+1.

  15. #15

    xmodes got nice gear but hes a stubborn prick sometimes =)

  16. #16
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    40
    BG Level
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Twolves
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius
    http://ffxi.killvoid.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=107338

    nin with U+U outparsed a nin with relic katana. Apparantly the lower delay from U+U is better when you hit the cap on a mobs defense. the extra dmg on fudo/senji doesn't have any effect when you hit that cap or something to that effect. read the thread if you're interested.
    Considering xmode has been proven a complete and total retard in that thread, i don't see how his "Parse" proves anything. Especially when i've parsed @880 avg jin and he called bs saying jin caps @720 dmg.
    how many mobs was that 880 jin avg based on? and where? thats a rediculously high average damage.

  17. #17

    Quote Originally Posted by Julius
    Quote Originally Posted by Twolves
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius
    http://ffxi.killvoid.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=107338

    nin with U+U outparsed a nin with relic katana. Apparantly the lower delay from U+U is better when you hit the cap on a mobs defense. the extra dmg on fudo/senji doesn't have any effect when you hit that cap or something to that effect. read the thread if you're interested.
    Considering xmode has been proven a complete and total retard in that thread, i don't see how his "Parse" proves anything. Especially when i've parsed @880 avg jin and he called bs saying jin caps @720 dmg.
    how many mobs was that 880 jin avg based on? and where? thats a rediculously high average damage.
    VT Aerns in the palace. I've done 900 avg on d weapons also.

  18. #18
    Xavier
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Julius
    http://ffxi.killvoid.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=107338

    nin with U+U outparsed a nin with relic katana. Apparantly the lower delay from U+U is better when you hit the cap on a mobs defense. the extra dmg on fudo/senji doesn't have any effect when you hit that cap or something to that effect. read the thread if you're interested.
    was this a level 1 relic katana?

  19. #19

    senj/fudo for exp, double mamushito+1 for solo, and unji/unsho for ballista (the lower delay with about +10-12% haste gives huge advantage in ballista 1vs1 or otherwise)

  20. #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Twolves
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius
    Quote Originally Posted by Twolves
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius
    http://ffxi.killvoid.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=107338

    nin with U+U outparsed a nin with relic katana. Apparantly the lower delay from U+U is better when you hit the cap on a mobs defense. the extra dmg on fudo/senji doesn't have any effect when you hit that cap or something to that effect. read the thread if you're interested.
    Considering xmode has been proven a complete and total retard in that thread, i don't see how his "Parse" proves anything. Especially when i've parsed @880 avg jin and he called bs saying jin caps @720 dmg.
    how many mobs was that 880 jin avg based on? and where? thats a rediculously high average damage.
    VT Aerns in the palace. I've done 900 avg on d weapons also.
    sup KG, and i believe KG his ninja is strong. ive averaged like 750 in u range, its not that unbelievable to see ninjas with katana merits and STR + merit do 900+ average.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Unji/Unsho yeah ; ;
    By Trinsie in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2007-05-02, 05:41