Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 220
  1. #81
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,256
    BG Level
    7

    The scythe boost to DRK will make me very godly I think. I already do good damage in merit PTs with a bard. Normal swings averaging at 220ish and crits for 330. Combined with a brutal earring and if I'm feeling suicidal, war sub, I can rival other DDs when my guillotines average at 900 and 1400 with double attack procs/crits. I can't wait to see how well the scythe boost will work...if its significant, I can see DRK becoming very sheepish to level.

    The absorb boost is also very interesting. If the spells also gave additional effects, for example Absorb-DEX raised crit % then I will fall in a deeper love with my DRK :D

  2. #82
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    732
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Raivyn

    Hahaha, say what you want - I'm not going to pay for something that I won't enjoy, and likewise waste time on it. Time is money.
    yes you will
    ... yeah probably

    Well it doesn't sound like it will be too bad, I'm interested in the drk upgrades as well.

  3. #83
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,210
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    The scythe boost to DRK will make me very godly I think. I already do good damage in merit PTs with a bard. Normal swings averaging at 220ish and crits for 330. Combined with a brutal earring and if I'm feeling suicidal, war sub, I can rival other DDs when my guillotines average at 900 and 1400 with double attack procs/crits. I can't wait to see how well the scythe boost will work...if its significant, I can see DRK becoming very sheepish to level.

    The absorb boost is also very interesting. If the spells also gave additional effects, for example Absorb-DEX raised crit % then I will fall in a deeper love with my DRK :D
    It already does raise crit %. Absorb-STR raises attack, as well. Absorb-CHR raises the rate at which it doesn't affect provoke, Absorb-VIT lowers the damage you take marginally, Absorb-INT raises certain WS damage and spell effectiveness, etc.

  4. #84
    The God Damn Kuno
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,360
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    The scythe boost to DRK will make me very godly I think. I already do good damage in merit PTs with a bard. Normal swings averaging at 220ish and crits for 330. Combined with a brutal earring and if I'm feeling suicidal, war sub, I can rival other DDs when my guillotines average at 900 and 1400 with double attack procs/crits. I can't wait to see how well the scythe boost will work...if its significant, I can see DRK becoming very sheepish to level.

    The absorb boost is also very interesting. If the spells also gave additional effects, for example Absorb-DEX raised crit % then I will fall in a deeper love with my DRK :D
    It already does raise crit %. Absorb-STR raises attack, as well. Absorb-CHR raises the rate at which it doesn't affect provoke, Absorb-VIT lowers the damage you take marginally, Absorb-INT raises certain WS damage and spell effectiveness, etc.
    Except maybe now, landing Absorb-STR will give attack bonus, INT will give Magic Attack Bonus, VIT Defense Bonus, etc.

  5. #85
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    THFs might give other melees their abilities(SA/TA). They didn't mention how though.

    This could be very viable for /WAR.

  6. #86
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    117
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    THFs might give other melees their abilities(SA/TA). They didn't mention how though.

    This could be very viable for /WAR.
    SAM/WAR with SA, {I'm interested.}

  7. #87
    Xavier
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chambers
    To the next bandwagon job for you Xavier?

    You're already leveling MNK right? It's just a matter of switching merits and gear once you find out what the next job is to have an advantage over the rest.
    Mr. Chambers, every job worth leveling can be classifed as a bandwagon job. After your first job when you don't know any better, nobody intentionally levels a shitty job.

    I don't think people understand the concept. I'm sorry that you hate the world, but the game wouldn't be very fun if I played THF or something like it all day long.
    ------------------------------

    The SAM change looked promising, and I hope it translates into SAMs being encouraged to melees hnms, since their dmg translates into 0 tp given to the mob or something like that.

  8. #88
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    117
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    The SAM change looked promising, and I hope it translates into SAMs being encouraged to melees hnms, since their dmg translates into 0 tp given to the mob or something like that.
    lol, *starts dreaming* Maybe I can return to the days of when my sam/rng was in for the entire fight...just maybe >.>

  9. #89
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Yeah, but they said they wouldn't nerf Mnk. "We think war/nin is too strong" on the other hand doesn't sound good, even with new JA or skill :D
    We will see what happen in a few month, but I'm worried
    WAR/NIN with all merits in axe and sword. I swear if they nerf melee in anyway, and especially WAR/NIN, I'll cry. Alot. 90% of my gameplay is based around my WAR/NIN...and I've put alot of time into it. Basically I think they're stearing away from nerfing things, and instead making other combination viable, in different situations.

    Don't underestimate SE ability to piss off people I really hope it's what they mean, and if they studied people reaction after RNG nerf, they should have understood nerf isn't the way to go.

    I don't see however how nerfing melee would fix the game if it's what they are thinking. WAR is a viable job, but the time and money you need to invest for it to be is considerable compared to BLM, and MNK to some extent.


    If they want to nerf war/nin, they better make another aspect of WAR much better, or make a really minor nerf that don't change the mechanic. I don't really feel like leveling another job, and BLM make me want to shoot myself every time I play it.



    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    The last time the DD king could sub nin and still top the damage charts, ranger, they nerfed it so that you can't put up quite the same numbers and retain utsusemi. You sorta gotta pick between the two of them.
    Did you ever see a mnk/nin tank in BC? Or a BLM solo using sleeping? Well, I'm sure you did, but my point is, war is far from being the only job with nice defensive and offensive skill. Even if they can do really nice DD to certain HNM while taking a few hit, there is many other thing they can't do efficiently (soloing for once, even if with a little brain, you can solo IT )

  10. #90
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,302
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Except maybe now, landing Absorb-STR will give attack bonus, INT will give Magic Attack Bonus, VIT Defense Bonus, etc.
    Interesting that they think draining 8 or 12 or whatever INT is underpowered, but putting a couple extra INT on something makes it some godly item.

  11. #91
    The God Damn Kuno
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,360
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Except maybe now, landing Absorb-STR will give attack bonus, INT will give Magic Attack Bonus, VIT Defense Bonus, etc.
    Interesting that they think draining 8 or 12 or whatever INT is underpowered, but putting a couple extra INT on something makes it some godly item.
    Well gear is constant and spells are not (and cost mp).

  12. #92
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    You also miss a 180dmg damage swing while casting Absorb

  13. #93
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,256
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Except maybe now, landing Absorb-STR will give attack bonus, INT will give Magic Attack Bonus, VIT Defense Bonus, etc.
    Interesting that they think draining 8 or 12 or whatever INT is underpowered, but putting a couple extra INT on something makes it some godly item.
    I can drain like 24 of any stat, but the differences are minimal so I welcome the boost.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    You also miss a 180dmg damage swing while casting Absorb
    exactly why I dont absorb

  14. #94
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    88
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    They want people using absorbs more? Easy...lower the cast time. Problem solved.

  15. #95
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    I just got an insane idea for what the Puppetmaster job does.

    Maybe the puppet is only black with weird gear on because the puppetmaster isn't engaged to something. But maybe once you engage something the puppet changes to fit the fight/mob or maybe mimics that mobs model and stuff so it creates like an exact copy that you can control?

  16. #96
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    The last time the DD king could sub nin and still top the damage charts, ranger, they nerfed it so that you can't put up quite the same numbers and retain utsusemi. You sorta gotta pick between the two of them.
    Did you ever see a mnk/nin tank in BC? Or a BLM solo using sleeping? Well, I'm sure you did, but my point is, war is far from being the only job with nice defensive and offensive skill. Even if they can do really nice DD to certain HNM while taking a few hit, there is many other thing they can't do efficiently (soloing for once, even if with a little brain, you can solo IT )
    Monks lose a lot and gain nothing offensive by subbing nin. DW doesnt affect h2h.

    Whereas war's actually GAIN by subbing nin, by taking use of DW + suppa, offhand ridill/joyeuse...while still maintaining their offensive boost (zerk warcry atk bonuses etc)

  17. #97
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Monks lose a lot and gain nothing offensive by subbing nin. DW doesnt affect h2h.
    I didn't said they gain anything offensively. Mnk/nin is still a lot more viable in many BCNM and ENM than war/nin. With their evasion, and counter (when shadow are down), they can pretty much tank everything and do really good dmg. Just give them Faith H2H if you're not happy with their damage.

    Unless we are talking about HNM tanking, Mnk/nin tank better than war/nin, and mnk/war will usually put bigger number than War/nin. Not having to change sub to always do pretty good is what make WAR so good imo, since it can adapt easily to any situations.

  18. #98
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    68
    BG Level
    2

    ok, as far as mnk/nin being overpowered in anything but a solo situation, look at your ls and see how many of your monks bitch and cry when you ask them to sub ninja.

    Then ask your LS warrior to sub something other than nin and see how much they bitch. Difference is a mnk's major offensive tools rely on WAR sub, which also gives it the defense of a 13 year old special ed student (there's the balance). While a WAR only gets stronger (due to how 2handed weapons are, in their current state, weak as hell) by subbing ninja, which allows him 6 shadows of defense (9 or more if they have have decent timing and are fighting a slow mob), in addition to being able to dual-wield multi hit weapons (hell, even just 1 multi hit weapon destroys the balance), in addition to retaining all it's offensive JA's. The only real offensive JA a monk has is focus...and for most things that a monk can melee....ACC is the least of a monks concerns

    The key is i think SE wants to change ninja sub from being seen as an offensive support job, and turn it to more of a defensive support job.

  19. #99
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Monks lose a lot and gain nothing offensive by subbing nin. DW doesnt affect h2h.
    I didn't said they gain anything offensively. Mnk/nin is still a lot more viable in many BCNM and ENM than war/nin. With their evasion, and counter (when shadow are down), they can pretty much tank everything and do really good dmg. Just give them Faith H2H if you're not happy with their damage.

    Unless we are talking about HNM tanking, Mnk/nin tank better than war/nin, and mnk/war will usually put bigger number than War/nin. Not having to change sub to always do pretty good is what make WAR so good imo, since it can adapt easily to any situations.
    You give monk way too much credit...

    The only monks that WANT to sub nin are the ones who know they are fighting shit with brutal AOE that can be absorbed by Utsu (where the extra security outweighs the offensive loss), or are fuckin retards.

  20. #100
    Xavier
    Guest

    Theres no way to change the way a subjob works without changing it for everyone.

    What are they really going to do? Give warriors a job trait that negates the dual wield trait? Prevent warriors from casting utsusemi? Anything they could do that would ruin /nin for war, but not for any other job, would need something retarded to happen.

    It sounded to me that they want to make other subs more used, but I didn't really see anything to suggest a nerf.

    They talked about giving warriors a reason to use other weapons, but do they even realize that the only melee skills war naturally has above 260 skill are axe and great axe? Even if they gave warriors a trait which gave them all the special weaponskills of each weapon, they still don't have enough skill to use them reliably.

    Whats next? "Its come to our attention that significant amount of melee are subbing thf in order to sneak attack their weaponskills on HNMs. This is too powerful, and we will be removing sneak attack from thf sub in the next patch."

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Onrpg.com Fanfest Dev Interview
    By 6souls in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 2008-12-16, 09:41
  2. 1UP FFXI Dev Team Interview During Fanfest
    By Kimiko in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 2008-12-08, 11:55
  3. Puppetmaster Job Abilities REVEALED
    By Cookie Mountain in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 2006-03-20, 00:00
  4. Fanfest Dev Panel #3: Misc & General Q&A
    By Ichthyos in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 2006-03-13, 15:31
  5. Dev Panel #3
    By divisortheory in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2006-03-12, 12:53
  6. Should I Change Jobs For HNMs? A Troubled WHMs Question
    By Teslithia in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2004-09-22, 13:25
  7. Jobs and stuff
    By in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2004-09-09, 12:39