+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: chinese gold farmers     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

New Merits
    BG Level

chinese gold farmers

That wasn't exactly sad.

I understand that playing these games can be fun, but that's not the primary motive behind why those people were playing, they are also getting paid for it, remember that.

The reason why we all play is for the fun or competition. We aren't getting paid anything, it's a recreational thing for us.

No sympathy here.

However, it was pretty neat seeing how it was kinda like a dorm and they all got together and LANed all the time. It looked fun but I still prefer my lifestyle.

It's not a bad position, actually. The reason the work environment and pay is often low is because it's a job a lot of people would go for. There are worse things then playing a variety of MMOs for a living, even if you don't get to play it the way you would like to.

I imagine that getting to 60 is the fun part of the job, though, because you essentially stop progressing at that point. I have heard rumors, however, of a gold farming team that ran Molten Core. Overall, though, I'm sure it's a huge loss while you're learning the encounters, though I'm sure the epics could really help them grind better.

I'm personally not the type of person that would pay for such a service. I paid for the game and I pay a monthly fee to play World of Warcraft... I'm not going to pay someone else to play it for me. But there are others, I'm sure, who have the extra money sitting around or feel that they don't have the time required to get access to everything money can buy in their MMO. Luckly for them, these sweatshops exist.

Some of the most fun I had in FFXI was showing gil seller's how to kill the gods.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by RustyMetal
    Some of the most fun I had in FFXI was showing gil seller's how to kill the gods.
    And that is why you won't be missed.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't think it's sad myself. It's obvious they're "volunteers" for the job. They're not being whipped. At one point, you saw them getting breaks and such. It's not a high-paying job, but it is one they enjoy. Hell, if I had a job that would allow me to play a game all day, I would. I don't think it would involve selling in game currencies though.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Do you feel bad for the mexicans working in the kitchen of the corner resturant?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet
    Do you feel bad for the mexicans working in the kitchen of the corner resturant?
    Are they getting paid? Yes. So, no, I don't feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet
    As long as they don't MPK me

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Are they getting paid? Yes. So, no, I don't feel bad.
    So are the gil farmers. The mexicans are working for less than minimal wage, and the 8/1 currency ratio v. cost of living makes it the same situation.

My point is that there's no reason to be so bleeding heart over guys who live in a slum, find a job paying the same wage as any other that doesn't provide them with a "college dorm" and free meals.

Shit, aside from the ethics of it ruining a game, good for them for finding a decent job with what they have.

They could always ask you for your spare change outside a liquor store.

Shit, aside from the ethics of it ruining a game, good for them for finding a decent job with what they have.
    Gold selling has nothing to do with ethics, though.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Shit, with the side effects of it ruining a game, good for them for finding a decent job with what they have.
    Closer. It really doesn't effect the ethics with them selling the game. It just hurts the in-game economy usually increasing prices and making it easier for lesser experienced players to obtain items they don't know how to use, etc.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

next frame in the conversation was

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5...lfarmer7ik.jpg

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...gilfarmer2.jpg

Stupid jerk, I told him I called him "a fucking waste of life", dunno how it got mixed up , Chinese whispers maybe? lololo

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

Stupid jerk, I told him I called him "a fucking waste of life", dunno how it got mixed up , Chinese whispers maybe? lololo
    lol, I am starting to actually pity RMT. Maybe they really don't mean to hurt anyone, but only sell off the hours that they put into an MMO. In theory it shouldn't affect anything at least at the level their doing it at (3-4 people just playing MMO for money).

Like imagine how they must feel to go around and play a game and be called "Chinese Gil Farmers". Imagine going to work and people on the job constantly giving you dirty looks calling you a "dirty piece of trash...". You wouldn't be able to stand much of that before it got to you

Am I too sympathetic?

Well, there are many people that frown on that business and believe that it's a blight upon every MMO. Then there's the considerably smaller group of people that use those services and keep the farmers in business. It might not be viewed as respectable to the majority, but since has making money ever been a respectable endevour?

pfft they 1 reason of the server economy... and no I dont feel sad like stated before they arent getting whip and is getting paid

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

So that would imply you play WoW?

Home Theatre Aficionado
    BG Level

I happen to speak fluent Mandarin. I thought the translations of this we poor so I subbed it myself:

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/2...farmer26gq.jpg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag