Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

No more AV thread in one month.

In one month, Treasure of Art Urghan will be released.

I got Sea yesterday, and Im amazed to see how Sea is EMPTY. 90% of the time, you can make a /sea "Al'taieu" or any other area of Sea, and find 0 person in the area. 5% of the time, you will find 2 or 3 people farming their Obi, Gorget, Earring items, doing some Skill up, or some random low level doing Crag > Sea > Tav. And the last 5%, you will find a random LS Alliance doing Limbus, or trying to pop Sea NMs.

In one month, no one will ever bother wasting their time wiping to this retarded Snoll Tzar over and over, waste days after days, and a shitload of money to kill Omega and Ultima. Only a few people will want to clear CoP for their Ring, but nothing else, since there is NO FUN AT ALL doing CoP Missions.

In one month, no one will bother trying to pop AV, kill it with a rapid Manaburn for no drop :D Lmao, can't stop laughing at the other thread, NO DROP! CoP Failed hardcore! Everyone can go back to their Kirin farming now.

So in one month, Sea will most probably be empty, dead and a forgotten place. Everyone will try to get this new town, try Assault and Besieged, feed their Chocobo, and make Chocobo races (about October). Hope this will be fun :D

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

completly agree, maybe change the title to "no more wasting time in Sea" , lol.

When ToaU comes out, alot of people will be occupied with the new stuff, or lvling new jobs, doing new missions.

I have a strong feeling that SE learned from their mistakes and we wont see any CoP style drop rates nor CoP style lame-o mobs in the next expansion.

Hey guys let's bitch and moan about a crappy game we play for most of our waking hours! MAYBE SQUARE ENIX WILL READ THIS AND DO SOMETHING LOL

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

If Limbus weren't in sea, I would pretty much agree, but Limbus is possibly the best endgame feature added to CoP so there will still be a good reason for people to go there, just not to fight Jailers.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    Hey guys let's bitch and moan about a crappy game we play for most of our waking hours! MAYBE SQUARE ENIX WILL READ THIS AND DO SOMETHING LOL
    I only complain about sea and CoP's shitty missions, and well, after doing them once I dont do them anymore, and I hardly touch sea, or even many CoP areas.

I basically payed for a short-cut acess to jeuno's AH, and limbus, and that pretty much sums what I do with the expansion . Occasionaly Ulegard party now and then.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

What bother me the most is that anyone could fix sea in about 10 minutes using FFXI developer tool.

Replace all 10% drop rate on item with something around 50%
    Replace virtue/deed drop rate to 90%
    Add random inflated material to treasure pool for the 4 outside jailer (ie: divine log..etc).
    Increase pop timer on both Garden Ix since those two are ******.

Despite what SE might think, it would not break the game and would make that place worthwhile for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    I only complain about sea and CoP's shitty missions, and well, after doing them once I dont do them anymore, and I hardly touch sea, or even many CoP areas.

I basically payed for a short-cut acess to jeuno's AH, and limbus, and that pretty much sums what I do with the expansion . Occasionaly Ulegard party now and then.

I'm of the opposite side of the spectrum. I've killed 3 JoLs, on the way to the fourth set, and I don't find sea a total failure. We have 4 Merciful capes, 2 Temperance Torques, 1 Hope Torque, 4 Fortitude Torques, 2 Altruistic capes, 1 Novio Earring, and 2 Novia Earrings to show for our work. In retrospect it was worth it.

If you know how to farm sea effectively it's not the horrendous place that WoW players make it out to be. It's certainly easier just bitch and moan about it on these forums than how to actually farm it.

I also spend a lot of time in CoP areas. We do Limbus twice a week. I've killed around nine Bahamut#2s, and countless numbers of Ouryus. Even if you're not in an HNMLS, a lot of people probably spent a good amount of time in COP zones getting the pre-reqs for Apocalpyse Nigh.

Easy way to make CoP enjoyable:

- Nerf all promys. I personally never helped with this, and never will. You always find some crapy newbies that won't listen, aggro everything and MPK your PT before you even reach the BCNM. Let it be level caped, but just easier.
    - Nerf Snoll Tzar by half HP.
    - Nerf Omega and Ultima by half HP.

And the level caped was a very good idea imo. BUT ONLY when CoP came out. It was intented (I think) to increase the cooperation between players (by making Static PT most of the time). Except that nowadays, NO ONE want to help others, find some low level gear, waste hours on unkillable NMs, or lost in some random CoP Mission. Snoll Tzar and Omega/Ultima are by far the most retarded BCNM ever done.

I think that's it :D

I think there's a CoP sucks thread at Alla you can take that to with other dumbshits.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Lylie

- Nerf all promys. I personally never helped with this, and never will. You always find some crapy newbies that won't listen, aggro everything and MPK your PT before you even reach the BCNM. Let it be level caped, but just easier.

And the level caped was a very good idea imo. BUT ONLY when CoP came out. It was intented (I think) to increase the cooperation between players (by making Static PT most of the time). Except that nowadays, NO ONE want to help others, find some low level gear, waste hours on unkillable NMs, or lost in some random CoP Mission. Snoll Tzar and Omega/Ultima are by far the most retarded BCNM ever done.

CoP mission are fine imo. I've done the early one over 20 times (up to ouryu) and later one around 10 times each. I don't find them particularly hard, but they are still challenging enough compared to almost everything else in the game. Helping people with those mission is one of the only thing I like actually, that and winning ridill (but it never happened) .

Level up a useful job and get a good LS and no COP mission will be a problem. None of these missions are that difficult, some have a degree of luck, but at least it's a challenge. Not everything in this game should be a fucking cake walk like Zilart. Do you really feel a sense of accomplishment by doing Zilart in a day? I didn't. I felt I did accomplish something worthwhile once I completed the CoP missions.

LOL Lemme sum up her post for everyone.

"I SUCK SO BAD AT THIS GAME I PLAY EVERYDAY THAT I NEED 2 EASY AS HELL BCs MADE EVEN EASIER SO ME AND MY FRIENDS CAN EXPLORE SEA WHEN WE GET OUT OF SPECIAL ED EVERYDAY."

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

The only thing I wasn't a huge fan of for CoP was length of time between some of the missions (having to wait a game day or rl day, etc.) otherwise I thoroughly enjoyed the story and fights. I like the level capped zones too.

No mission required any actual effort until CoP came out.

Also, promy's already got nerfed, it's soooooooooooooooo easy now, it's sick.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Promy actually got nerfed twice. Asking to have them nerfed again is almost an insult for people who did it first :D They were fucking hard the first month after the release.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

the missions were the best part :[

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

read wafiks LJ entry about CoP

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

The only thing I wasn't a huge fan of for CoP was length of time between some of the missions (having to wait two months, etc.) otherwise I thoroughly enjoyed the story and fights. I like the level capped zones too.
    Fixed.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

It was pretty much all those level capped zones that piss me off, so many of them and they aren't really even good for xping in as far as i've seen. I wouldn't mind so much if they offered good xp alternatives for lower levels. Also sea drop rates are kind of eh, but they could be worse.

I agree that the promys are the worse part of CoP. I hated every single one of them. However on Siren tav had never fallen into beastmen control til SE first nerfed the promy's which to me is kinda sad.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Asking for the promies to be nerfed is retarded, they've been so nerfed to death compared to when it was first released. I originally did mine the week after the first nerf, and a friend who was helping who had already done them was commenting on how easy they had become. I went back there last month for the first time in a year to help some friends and I was shocked to see that they had become even easier

And going along with what Demetrios said, Sea can be rewarding if you're just willing to stick with the effort for it. At least on my server Sky is a very painful experience these days, with the constant fighting over pop mobs and rampant domination by gilsellers. Sea we have almost no competition (about a week ago we had to compete with another LS on popping Ix'Drg but that's it). The drop rates on Torques and Virtues is kind of whack but for the most part these are fights that actually require some kind of strategy other than the same shit we've doing for years with the kings and sky gods.

The first time my LS popped Ix'Drg was fun as hell, figuring out the strategy on the fly basically (I was the only one who really knew what to do), as have been almost all the jailer fights, though our first time popping temperance still gives me nightmares, since we didn't know that Optic Induration reset hate or what his different modes were ._. I will admit the material rewards are lacking in sea, but I find personally the excitement of getting to do fights that are different then the everyday stuff is worth that annoyance.

Maybe my opinion is skewed though, the last 5 pops of first tier jailers/Ix'aerns we had all dropped pop items (though not a single torque or cape to show for our efforts).