+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Graphics card     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,220
    BG Level
    6

    Graphics card

    I'm not that good with computers,

    will GeForce MX 4000 128 Mb card be able to run ffXI?

  2. #2
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,220
    BG Level
    6

    right after i click "play" i get somestupid error, it is the graphic card thats the problem right?

  3. #3

    Quote Originally Posted by shihei
    right after i click "play" i get somestupid error, it is the graphic card thats the problem right?
    going to need a little more detail here kido. lets start with that the error message says...

  4. #4

    Re: Graphics card

    Quote Originally Posted by shihei
    will GeForce MX 4000 128 Mb card be able to run ffXI?
    It should be able to I think. Also for it to not work, do you have all the drivers? (just making sure)

  5. #5
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,290
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    i've never had good experiences with Nvidia + FFXI, despite the fact the game was advertised to run better with it. best chances are, if having problems, go to their site and download the latest driverset.

    Get an ATI card, even better

  6. #6
    Ranger
    2600klub

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    11,334
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries
    12

    just needs new drivers, if you installed the default drivers that came with it, they are probably revision 4x or maybe low 5x

  7. #7

    so, on to more important things...my laptop suddenly decided to stop recognizing my hard drive, rendering it a extremely expensive doorstop. Any suggestions, or am I going to have to pay the thieves at Dell to fix it for me?

  8. #8
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    940
    BG Level
    5

    I used to run FFXI on a Geforce 4 MX 64meg card lol..

    So yeah your card can definately run FFXI, Just need new drivers.

  9. #9
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,744
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    that card blows monkey balls, but it should run ff11.

  10. #10
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,220
    BG Level
    6

    error message: "Terminated as error occured in FFXI. Failed to recognize hardware as TnL. PLease check that this computer has required specifications to run FINAL FANTASY XI.(-1)"

    this will sound dumb... lol.. whats a driver and where do i get it

  11. #11
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,044
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by shihei
    error message: "Terminated as error occured in FFXI. Failed to recognize hardware as TnL. PLease check that this computer has required specifications to run FINAL FANTASY XI.(-1)"

    this will sound dumb... lol.. whats a driver and where do i get it
    Go to Nvidia's site and download the one that pertains to your card's specific chipset lol.

  12. #12
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,220
    BG Level
    6

    Re: Graphics card

    Quote Originally Posted by shihei
    GeForce MX 4000 128 Mb
    don't have this card yet, just trying to make sure it is the graphic card thats the problem,.. right now i have a... i don't know how to check can't find it in control panel, i suck at pc's

  13. #13
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3
    BG Level
    0

    That sounds like the "Your card blows and won't play FFXI" error you get when you have an Intel card or something. If it isn't nVidia or ATI, then FFXI will not be your friend.

  14. #14
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    33
    BG Level
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by shihei
    Quote Originally Posted by shihei
    GeForce MX 4000 128 Mb
    don't have this card yet, just trying to make sure it is the graphic card thats the problem,.. right now i have a... i don't know how to check can't find it in control panel, i suck at pc's

    Start > Run > dxdiag

    Display tab. Tells you your exact card, drivers, etc. If there's another way, I don't know it. I've always used this.

  15. #15
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,220
    BG Level
    6

    this thread i sdone, thank you everyone for help

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Graphics Card heeeeeeelp
    By Anyway in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2006-06-06, 22:47