Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 643 of 649 FirstFirst ... 593 633 641 642 643 644 645 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The dual elementals outside of Adoulin don't use TP moves.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    This. If you dont want to worry about weather, best bet is inside skirmish or vagary (I forget which gate, but should be easy enough to search the blu forum on ffxiah). I learned all my duel ele spells in one vagary run followed by a skirmish run to pick off the last few. Vagary is more of a 'sure thing' since they're always in the same place but you're also more likely to die or need help in some parts since those guys are nasty if you pull incorrectly.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    No, they do, just the ones in Abyssea don't.

Ones in sky hit me with silent storm when I saw them and wondered that myself. Unless I was completely high. Now, I have to doubt myself and check later.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Akirra Krylon
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Posted this in the Ashita thread but might have better luck here with all the BLUs checking out this thread:

Anyone happen to have the Ashita addon for BLU spell sets? Apparently it was called ImmortalLion, does pretty much the same thing AzureSets does with Windower.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

[

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Akirra Krylon
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

That's awesome! Could you maybe upload the .lua file you have?

I'd so so appreciate it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I learned all my elemental spells out and about adoulin. Didnt really take too long either.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    I learned all my elemental spells out and about adoulin. Didnt really take too long either.
    Going to have to disagree on that not taking too long part. Since that means you managed to get all the right weathers. Otherwise you can wait a long time for weathers and not get many chances before it goes away.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Going to have to disagree on that not taking too long part. Since that means you managed to get all the right weathers. Otherwise you can wait a long time for weathers and not get many chances before it goes away.
    Depends on what you mean by 'not long' I suppose right? Vagary + Skirmish took me about 2 hours to learn all Dual Ele spells. Doing that with having to travel and wait on weather? I've heard people take weeks to learn a couple of them due to bad weather pops.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tdizzle View Post
    Depends on what you mean by 'not long' I suppose right? Vagary + Skirmish took me about 2 hours to learn all Dual Ele spells. Doing that with having to travel and wait on weather? I've heard people take weeks to learn a couple of them due to bad weather pops.
    alluvion skirmish works too to learn ele spells

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    alluvion skirmish works too to learn ele spells
    Thanks, that's what I meant by 'skirmish', I forget that there are two versions sometimes and presume people only do the newer version (or do them at all anymore)...

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tdizzle View Post
    Back in my day we wait weeks for full moon at night with clear weather. Didn't take a lot of time.

Lol, I have seen weather be ridiculous before in Adoulin. I can't imagine camping them all in the Adoulin wilderness (and I did it for a couple of the spells when it was first launched). Even that took hours, but I was editing in between so..

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So,

Does anyone want to take a stab at updating this page..?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Calculati...e_Magic_Damage

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Does anyone have experience kiting as BLU? I was curious if with the addition of subduction since last I played if it was viable to kite and magic kill things I can't stand tank.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Back in my day we wait weeks for full moon at night with clear weather. Didn't take a lot of time.

Lol, I have seen weather be ridiculous before in Adoulin. I can't imagine camping them all in the Adoulin wilderness (and I did it for a couple of the spells when it was first launched). Even that took hours, but I was editing in between so..
    I did them normally, and yeah, it was a pain. I wasn't in a hurry, though, and paying attention to the seasons reduced a significant amount of the waiting.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Does anyone have experience kiting as BLU? I was curious if with the addition of subduction since last I played if it was viable to kite and magic kill things I can't stand tank.
    Works quite well actually. Mostly you'll do this when cleaving for merits/jp. Subduction is a great spell situationally (and it's super cheap / fast casting)

Combine that with Verve and you'll be good to go and can solo kill a large group of mobs (assuming you can withstand them hitting you or and probably the better option is to use a spell that stops them from acting (entomb, flow, lighting) giving you time for your next spell. Subduction is usually to finish them off or to use in an OSHIII moment to allow you to put some distance. Normally the go to method is open with one spell like entomb > finish with crush or something else and toss a subduction if it's still alive.

You really shouldn't be fighting anything that lasts more than 2 spells (3max) in most situations. Otherwise, you're probably better off meleeing it down.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Restoral - 640HP base cure, +1.5HP per MND and +0.5HP per VIT, affected by cure potency and self cure potency received, self target only.

Quote Originally Posted by Protsdata.onAH.com
    Restoral - Restores HP to the caster. Affected by MND, VIT, and blue magic skill. Maximum 1040 HP healed.
    127MP, 10 seconds
    How does blue magic skill work for this spell? I am doing the page for it now. Does it take the place of healing magic? Does healing magic also work? Do days/weather/obi affect the spell? Guess I would have to test that last one. I um, don't actually own any Obi(s) really.. ;>.>

It was never added to the https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Cure_Form...and_Blue_Magic page so...

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

2skill = 1hp. yes no yes

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    2skill = 1hp. yes no yes
    Thanks sexy. So That means Healing Magic doesn't work on Restoral, gotcha.

While I have you! The Efflux page on BG says:

TP bonus from Efflux does not stack with Enchainment (takes which ever is higher) {{Information Needed}}

Can I remove the Information Needed tag or...?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Never did any testing on it though I've always been operating under the assumption that chain affinity TP bonus and efflux TP bonus don't stack since it would create complications that SE was prolly too lazy to work around