+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    31
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children #1 on Amazon.com

    I was aware that Final Fantasy community was big, but I didn't know it was that big. Anyways, I can't wait. =]

    http://www.ffantasy.com/2006/04/24/fina ... amazoncom/

  2. #2

    You havent seen this movie? o.O

  3. #3
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,057
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Sales surpassed the #2 title on Amazon.com being Brokeback Mountain
    Come on now.. brokeback mountain was in teh #1 spot, what do you expect. I mean it's not about gay cowboys eating pudding, of course its going to take the top spot.

  4. #4
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    31
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Takeno
    You havent seen this movie? o.O
    No, I support SE. >_<

  5. #5

    English version sucks, imo. lol Most of the voices are really gay and alot what they say is very corny.

  6. #6
    St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,808
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    English version sucks, imo. lol Most of the voices are really gay and alot what they say is very corny.
    This differs from the Japanese verison how?

    I dunno about the rest of you, but after 4 or 5 years of watching Japanese cinema and anime with the native audio track, they all run together in terms of inflexion, voice quality, writing quality, and acting ability. I honestly cannot tell most of them apart, especially in things that are dubbed. Only truly unique performers with unique scripts manage to break away from the complete atonal montony of the Japanese language, and even then not very much.

    Probably explains why my favourite Japanese movie is one that is over two hours long with a 3 page script.

  7. #7

    It differs alot from the Japanese version. IMO alot of the Japanese voices were pretty good. In the English one Cloud sounds like a bitch, all 3 brothers sound like fags, and Aeris says the most retarded shit.

    You might disagree but I think the Japanese version is much better.

  8. #8

    Level your internet pirating skill

  9. #9
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    31
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Yeah, I've always been a fan of movies that are spoken in japanese but subtitled with english meaning. It actually sort of helps you understand the language a bit better.

  10. #10
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,057
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    meh.. with the english version at least i can watch the movie.

  11. #11
    Little Mother
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,514
    BG Level
    7

    Or you can just learn to speak Japanese =p

    Besides, no one watched Advent Children for the story. (At least I didn't, I didn't particularly like FF7, I just wanted to see what AC was going to turn out to be.) They just wanted to see the fighting... and Aeris... and Tifa.

  12. #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    It differs alot from the Japanese version. IMO alot of the Japanese voices were pretty good. In the English one Cloud sounds like a bitch, all 3 brothers sound like fags, and Aeris says the most retarded shit.

    You might disagree but I think the Japanese version is much better.
    Because you know fluent enough Japanese to tell good voice actors from bad ones? (if you do I'll have my cake and eat it) It's alot easier to tell when voice acting sucks in your own language, alot hard to gauge for other languages. Although the only time I can really tell a JP VA sucks is in anime, when they say "Umm..." everyother word and take like 1 minute to say a simple sentence.

    Anime for the most part bothers me...

    In anycase, I need to see the movie, I think the cast was pretty much the same as KH2, and the only bad FFVII VA in that game was Aeris (and Cid to a degree), I liked the rest. It could be a case in point that Cloud/whoever doesn't sound exactly how you imagined them too, so you get dissapointed and say it sucks (not saying anyone here does in particular).

  13. #13

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBreeze
    Besides, no one watched Advent Children for the story. (At least I didn't, I didn't particularly like FF7, I just wanted to see what AC was going to turn out to be.) They just wanted to see the fighting... and Aeris... and Tifa.
    Do you seriously think that's true? I'd say the majority of the people who watched it wanted to see the story, which coincidently included fights... and Tifa... and Aeris.

    On another note, I'm going to buy it just to have the DVD, does it have a Japanese and English audio track? Does anyone know?

  14. #14
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,472
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Voice acting is almost always better in the original language, and it's true both way.

  15. #15

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    It differs alot from the Japanese version. IMO alot of the Japanese voices were pretty good. In the English one Cloud sounds like a bitch, all 3 brothers sound like fags, and Aeris says the most retarded shit.

    You might disagree but I think the Japanese version is much better.
    Because you know fluent enough Japanese to tell good voice actors from bad ones? (if you do I'll have my cake and eat it) It's alot easier to tell when voice acting sucks in your own language, alot hard to gauge for other languages. Although the only time I can really tell a JP VA sucks is in anime, when they say "Umm..." everyother word and take like 1 minute to say a simple sentence.

    Anime for the most part bothers me...

    In anycase, I need to see the movie, I think the cast was pretty much the same as KH2, and the only bad FFVII VA in that game was Aeris (and Cid to a degree), I liked the rest. It could be a case in point that Cloud/whoever doesn't sound exactly how you imagined them too, so you get dissapointed and say it sucks (not saying anyone here does in particular).
    Since when do I have to know what they're saying to know what they sound like? Stop being a fucking hardcore anime watching douchebag.

  16. #16
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,070
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Alleya
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    English version sucks, imo. lol Most of the voices are really gay and alot what they say is very corny.
    This differs from the Japanese verison how?

    I dunno about the rest of you, but after 4 or 5 years of watching Japanese cinema and anime with the native audio track, they all run together in terms of inflexion, voice quality, writing quality, and acting ability. I honestly cannot tell most of them apart, especially in things that are dubbed. Only truly unique performers with unique scripts manage to break away from the complete atonal montony of the Japanese language, and even then not very much.
    QFT

    I live in Japan, have for several years, and speak Japanese. These voice actors (Japanese version) suck. As is the case with pretty much all anime and video game voicing. But their suckiness isn't necessarily related to them being voice actors, as voices in live-action Japanese TV dramas and movies sound about the same, which is to say... forced, phoney, and overly melodramatic. That's just how Japanese acting is. Coming from an American point of view, anyway.

    On a related note, every single person who comes to Japan from another country says the same thing; actually experiencing the country and culture absolutely shatters all preconceptions and is a very eye-opening experience. Then you feel like a fool for ever believing those preconceptions.

  17. #17

    Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    It differs alot from the Japanese version. IMO alot of the Japanese voices were pretty good. In the English one Cloud sounds like a bitch, all 3 brothers sound like fags, and Aeris says the most retarded shit.

    You might disagree but I think the Japanese version is much better.
    Because you know fluent enough Japanese to tell good voice actors from bad ones? (if you do I'll have my cake and eat it) It's alot easier to tell when voice acting sucks in your own language, alot hard to gauge for other languages. Although the only time I can really tell a JP VA sucks is in anime, when they say "Umm..." everyother word and take like 1 minute to say a simple sentence.

    Anime for the most part bothers me...

    In anycase, I need to see the movie, I think the cast was pretty much the same as KH2, and the only bad FFVII VA in that game was Aeris (and Cid to a degree), I liked the rest. It could be a case in point that Cloud/whoever doesn't sound exactly how you imagined them too, so you get dissapointed and say it sucks (not saying anyone here does in particular).
    Since when do I have to know what they're saying to know what they sound like? Stop being a fucking hardcore anime watching douchebag.
    Wow, you're a dumbass, I'll remember that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
    By Daahan in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2006-08-01, 02:14
  2. Final Fantasy VII for Playstation 3. Rumor or Reality?
    By Popanu in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 2006-04-17, 13:56
  3. The Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children topic
    By Shinryuu in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 237
    Last Post: 2005-10-11, 15:22