Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 58

Thread: Endgame usage of new jobs     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,898
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Endgame usage of new jobs

    I've been considering the usage of the new jobs endgame and have thought of a few things that could be used.

    Lets start with BLU, since I have the most to say about it.
    Mostly, it seems to be amazing on HNMs. I'll make a list of spells/things to watch for.

    1000 needles - If it works as it seems like it will work, as cactuars use it, as 1000 damage that can't miss and cant be resisted, it will be
    Cocoon - Simply put, it may make BLU a viable tank (wtf?) or be a great boon to PLD/BLU (wtf again.) 50% defense bonus is a TON.
    Killer Traits for PLD/BLU - Since obviously a PLD/BLU isn't going to be using a ton of blue magic, setting it up so it gets an appropriate killer trait could be a major boon.
    SCing Blue Magic - Though SMN SCs are underused the fact that BLU needs not sacrifice normal capabilities (IE Blood Pact timer) to SC means it could be very useful on HNMs.
    Superslow - Many mob abilities give stronger slow than players have access to. If a BLU ability allows that to be used, it will be amazing.
    TP Reduction - BLU has a TON of TP reducing moves, which would be revolutionary and amazingly useful, closing the Mage/Melee gap on a lot of HNMs.
    Random Damage Abilities - Who knows how useful these will be, but don't forget them :wink:
    Bad Breath - Once again, who knows how effective it will be, but if it works...
    Jettatura - If it can land, terror would be DAMN useful.
    Enmity Down Abilities (see: Hydro Shot) - Allowing spell spammage with less enmity would be awesome.
    Diamond Hide - SMNs arent so special now that BLUs learn a 'stoneskinga'
    Lowing - Plague on enemies... holy shiite


    Thats it for BLU, now COR
    For COR its going to be interesting. I doubt anybody thinks they will be able to damage HNMs (maybe a stray shot or two) but the effectiveness of rolls and maybe shots could be awesome. Random deal is of course also godly for certain jobs who have awesome, long cooldown abilities (hai2u 2hs) as is the 2h. As for subs, I likely see the old standby WHM since the ranged attacks will likely suck or maybe BRD since it will have free time to sing and Evoker+Ballad would be nice. Heres rolls I could see coming into play:
    Fighter's Roll - Double attack is always good and could be awesome on HNMs, just like everything else
    Rogue's Roll - In case you've never meleed Kirin, heres a fun fact for you: Your hit rate maxxes out at around 60% and even then you hit a bunch of 0s which might as well be a miss. The one exception is critical hits, which ALWAYS deal good damage, so on really really hard HNMs, critical hits are huge damage AND huge TP gain.
    Monk's Roll - Subtle Blow could be revolutionary or be utter shit depending on the potency
    Samurai Roll - Store TP, Duh
    Ninja Roll - Evasion, duh
    Hunter Roll - Acc, duh
    Evoker's Roll - Refresh, DUH
    Gallant's Roll - If its potent, it could be great, do not forget about this one.
    Wizard's Roll - MAB duh.
    the Pet Bonus Rolls - Honestly, this is totally unexplored territory, I have no idea how useful this could be.
    Note: Rolls such as Chaos Roll are done by % NOT a static amount, so they have major potential.

    As for PUP, I honestly have no clue on endgame potential. Its a strange unknown of a job currently and will pretty much only be able to be figured out in practice it seems.

    Discuss away bitches.

  2. #2
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    782
    BG Level
    5

    More useful than DRKs for sure.

  3. #3
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,898
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Syn
    More useful than DRKs for sure.
    Even PUP?

    The new jobs have a different usage than DRK for sure. Honestly, lets not derail this into a DRK vs the world thread, that's happened too many times.

  4. #4
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,889
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    1000 Needles can't be resisted from BLU's ??


    ya ok, well:
    The Mamool Ja Mimicer uses 1000 needles.
    The spell fails to take effect.

    did 0 dmg to me and my rdm friend ^_____________^

  5. #5

    everyone is drooling of 1000 needles, but since blu magic can get completely resisted, I'm thinking that anything worth using it on will probably resist it 90% of the time. I bet it gets reduced to AM status. Not worth the mp.

    ...unless, the skillchain job ability increase the accuracy dramatically.

  6. #6
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,898
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    1000 Needles can't be resisted from BLU's ??


    ya ok, well:
    The Mamool Ja Mimicer uses 1000 needles.
    The spell fails to take effect.

    did 0 dmg to me and my rdm friend ^_____________^
    Damn, well as I said it was just a guess/hope

  7. #7
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,227
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: Endgame usage of new jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Note: Rolls such as Chaos Roll are done by % NOT a static amount, so they have major potential.
    The rolls have added potency when the corresponding job is in the party. So I don't see Chaos roll being that effective at HNMs.

  8. #8
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,125
    BG Level
    6

    Well at least bsts don't shell out 200k for nothing. NVM, well at least it isn't resisted when it does go off >.>;

  9. #9
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,898
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Endgame usage of new jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Note: Rolls such as Chaos Roll are done by % NOT a static amount, so they have major potential.
    The rolls have added potency when the corresponding job is in the party. So I don't see Chaos roll being that effective at HNMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    The new jobs have a different usage than DRK for sure. Honestly, lets not derail this into a DRK vs the world thread, that's happened too many times.
    We have an actual subject to discuss here, quit being bitches. I've posted what I think, few agree with me, move on.

  10. #10

    PLD/BLU for killer traits? huh?

    PLD/BST killer traits and spam charm would probably be more viable if you aren't using /BLU for magic? But then again it probably depends on what killer traits proc more as, bst or blue.

  11. #11
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,898
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    PLD/BLU for killer traits? huh?

    PLD/BST killer traits and spam charm would probably be more viable if you aren't using /BLU for magic? But then again it probably depends on what killer traits proc more as, bst or blue.
    Killer traits alone wouldn't be good enough. Killer traits plus cocoon however would.

  12. #12
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,125
    BG Level
    6

    Wouldn't a war/blu have similar stats and also have capped def? So war/blu for faust w/o a bard?

  13. #13
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,898
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by epigram
    Wouldn't a war/blu have similar stats and also have capped def? So war/blu for faust w/o a bard?
    I'd still prefer a PLD, shield blocking, spells, more abilities, and better defensive armor (well, most WARs don't have koenig) would outweigh WAR's defender and voke, even for faust.

  14. #14

    ...

  15. #15
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,664
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I was gonna make a similar thread.

    You forgot Head Butt. Quadav move, instant and a 100% stun affect if it lands. Kinda like a 300% Tachi: Hobaku. If this can stun resist stun mobs (ie: Kirin, KB) then indeed everyone will be looking for BLU end game.

  16. #16
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,469
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Actually, Warlock's Roll has me intrigued. Depending on the amount of Magical Accuracy (if it is like 10-20% for example), it may make RDM enfeebles actually stick on Shinra and other annoying mobs. Throw in the Corsairs' elemental debuff JA to boost the enfeeble and maybe we'll be cooking with gas.

  17. #17
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    96
    BG Level
    2

    War/Blu wouldn't be viable simply because no matter how much defense you can get, you can't hold hate as a war while getting hit without doing alot of damage, something you can't do while gearing for defense. (not including /whm here)

  18. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Actually, Warlock's Roll has me intrigued. Depending on the amount of Magical Accuracy (if it is like 10-20% for example), it may make RDM enfeebles actually stick on Shinra and other annoying mobs. Throw in the Corsairs' elemental debuff JA to boost the enfeeble and maybe we'll be cooking with gas.
    No, won't. When Elemental Seal + Spell is often resisted, even adding 20% is going to do jack all. If you have good gear there is nothing in the game pre-ToA that that spell would benefit a RDM enfeebling-wise. BLM yes, it will help their enfeebling and RDM nuking yes, but RDM enfeebling no, and BLM nuking... sometimes. On the other hand if magic accuracy helps BLU then it would probably be mandatory for BLU to even land any of their shit on higher level mobs. The Warlock's roll should have been like +500 MND so paralyze will go off and slow will be above 10% minimum on shit like gods.

  19. #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Amara
    War/Blu wouldn't be viable simply because no matter how much defense you can get, you can't hold hate as a war while getting hit without doing alot of damage, something you can't do while gearing for defense. (not including /whm here)
    WAR/BLU does less damage and takes more damage than WAR/NIN. I don't see BLU being useful as a sub job for anything and as a main job it'd be useless in an XP party and not useful enough in Dynamis or HNMs to bring more than 1 along if that.

    Can't fill the healing role.
    Can't fill the tank role.
    Can't fill the support role.
    Not one of the top 3 damage dealers.

    BLU = lose.

  20. #20
    The God Damn Kuno
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,668
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    Quote Originally Posted by Amara
    War/Blu wouldn't be viable simply because no matter how much defense you can get, you can't hold hate as a war while getting hit without doing alot of damage, something you can't do while gearing for defense. (not including /whm here)
    WAR/BLU does less damage and takes more damage than WAR/NIN. I don't see BLU being useful as a sub job for anything and as a main job it'd be useless in an XP party and not useful enough in Dynamis or HNMs to bring more than 1 along if that.

    Can't fill the healing role.
    Can't fill the tank role.
    Can't fill the support role.
    Not one of the top 3 damage dealers.

    BLU = lose.
    Are you retarded? They get Plauge, TP down, and 1000 needles. Theres others too, but the first two are only Blu abilities and are very pimp.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. so what are the stats and skills of the new jobs?
    By neighbortaru in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 2006-04-21, 13:36
  2. New job?
    By divisortheory in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 2006-02-25, 05:03
  3. Some of new item pics
    By Cybaster in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 2005-07-19, 14:09
  4. New Jobs and Summons for xbox360 onry 0_o
    By Fruitloopsakaevalime in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 2005-06-27, 00:05
  5. Movie of new CoP areas??
    By Demon Swordsman in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2005-03-01, 09:47