Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: COR as subjob broken?     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    159
    BG Level
    3

    COR as subjob broken?

    i haven't seen this mentioned on any thread yet, i apologize if it's buried somewhere and i missed it.

    on a lark i brought /COR to an NM camp for the extra XP from killing placeholders. we had an alliance of all 75's there so i could compare XP for corsair's roll to unbuffed people easily.

    i rolled 11 twice and both times both my party and the other alliance party got the exact same xp.

    this was a real disappointment to me, as i expected the buff to work as /COR just as well as COR main. in no other job does it weaken the job to have it sub instead of main, assuming the levels are the same (and no access to 2-hour, items, etc). for example, as a 37BRD, your songs will be exactly the same as 75something/37BRD. so it sucks that COR doesn't work the same way.

  2. #2
    Chram
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,887
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

    It did work, I know that much for sure. When the job was first released I was powerleveling my friends Blue Mage as WHM/COR with a Bard so he was getting level 75 songs and the exp bonus. I haven't tried it since then but wasn't there a patch that "adjusted BLU, COR and PUP when used as support"?

  3. #3

    Re: COR as subjob broken?

    Quote Originally Posted by grunion
    i haven't seen this mentioned on any thread yet, i apologize if it's buried somewhere and i missed it.


    in no other job does it weaken the job to have it sub instead of main, assuming the levels are the same (and no access to 2-hour, items, etc). for example, as a 37BRD, your songs will be exactly the same as 75something/37BRD. so it sucks that COR doesn't work the same way.
    Except that /sam yields not 100% TP on meditate and i'm sure there is something with ninja sub doesn't give Utsus:Ni its full effect.

    been awhile since i was ingame, but that is indeed a false statement.

  4. #4

    Also, there's plenty that's gimped from subbing than having a 37 main job. Meditate returns less tp, Blink only absorbs 2 instead of 3, Utsu Ni only absorbs 3 instead of 4, etc.

    edit: beaten

  5. #5
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    946
    BG Level
    5

    Re: COR as subjob broken?

    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    Quote Originally Posted by grunion
    i haven't seen this mentioned on any thread yet, i apologize if it's buried somewhere and i missed it.


    in no other job does it weaken the job to have it sub instead of main, assuming the levels are the same (and no access to 2-hour, items, etc). for example, as a 37BRD, your songs will be exactly the same as 75something/37BRD. so it sucks that COR doesn't work the same way.
    Except that /sam yields not 100% TP on meditate and i'm sure there is something with ninja sub doesn't give Utsus:Ni its full effect.

    been awhile since i was ingame, but that is indeed a false statement.
    Lets not forget souleater (does anyone care about /drk's anyhow outside of STUN?)

  6. #6
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    946
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by freja
    Also, there's plenty that's gimped from subbing than having a 37 main job. Meditate returns less tp, Blink only absorbs 2 instead of 3, Utsu Ni only absorbs 3 instead of 4, etc.

    edit: beaten
    Blink is always 2.

  7. #7
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    55
    BG Level
    2

    Subbed Meditate=60% TP
    Subbed Utsu: Ni=3 Shadows
    Subbed SoulEater=10% HP reduction but only half of that HP is converted to damage
    Subbed SA=Normal Crit, not DEX modified
    Subbed TA=Hate Transfer with no bonus on crits.

    That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

  8. #8
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,898
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: COR as subjob broken?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    Quote Originally Posted by grunion
    i haven't seen this mentioned on any thread yet, i apologize if it's buried somewhere and i missed it.


    in no other job does it weaken the job to have it sub instead of main, assuming the levels are the same (and no access to 2-hour, items, etc). for example, as a 37BRD, your songs will be exactly the same as 75something/37BRD. so it sucks that COR doesn't work the same way.
    Except that /sam yields not 100% TP on meditate and i'm sure there is something with ninja sub doesn't give Utsus:Ni its full effect.

    been awhile since i was ingame, but that is indeed a false statement.
    Lets not forget souleater (does anyone care about /drk's anyhow outside of STUN?)
    They might if souleater sub wasn't a joke. THF/DRK SE+DE With hate on tank would be fuckin rediculous.

  9. #9

    Re: COR as subjob broken?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    Quote Originally Posted by grunion
    i haven't seen this mentioned on any thread yet, i apologize if it's buried somewhere and i missed it.


    in no other job does it weaken the job to have it sub instead of main, assuming the levels are the same (and no access to 2-hour, items, etc). for example, as a 37BRD, your songs will be exactly the same as 75something/37BRD. so it sucks that COR doesn't work the same way.
    Except that /sam yields not 100% TP on meditate and i'm sure there is something with ninja sub doesn't give Utsus:Ni its full effect.

    been awhile since i was ingame, but that is indeed a false statement.
    Lets not forget souleater (does anyone care about /drk's anyhow outside of STUN?)
    They might if souleater sub wasn't a joke. THF/DRK SE+DE With hate on tank would be fuckin rediculous.
    too bad mnk/drk > drk (w/o multi hit weapon) when it comes to shit like DL: hundred fist > soul eater > whm spams mnk with cure V

  10. #10
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    31,636
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: COR as subjob broken?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    Quote Originally Posted by grunion
    i haven't seen this mentioned on any thread yet, i apologize if it's buried somewhere and i missed it.


    in no other job does it weaken the job to have it sub instead of main, assuming the levels are the same (and no access to 2-hour, items, etc). for example, as a 37BRD, your songs will be exactly the same as 75something/37BRD. so it sucks that COR doesn't work the same way.
    Except that /sam yields not 100% TP on meditate and i'm sure there is something with ninja sub doesn't give Utsus:Ni its full effect.

    been awhile since i was ingame, but that is indeed a false statement.
    Lets not forget souleater (does anyone care about /drk's anyhow outside of STUN?)
    They might if souleater sub wasn't a joke. THF/DRK SE+DE With hate on tank would be fuckin rediculous.
    Definetly have to agree with Maxx here, THF/DRK planting WSs on with Souleater is absolutely sick damage.

  11. #11
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,898
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: COR as subjob broken?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vail
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    Quote Originally Posted by grunion
    i haven't seen this mentioned on any thread yet, i apologize if it's buried somewhere and i missed it.


    in no other job does it weaken the job to have it sub instead of main, assuming the levels are the same (and no access to 2-hour, items, etc). for example, as a 37BRD, your songs will be exactly the same as 75something/37BRD. so it sucks that COR doesn't work the same way.
    Except that /sam yields not 100% TP on meditate and i'm sure there is something with ninja sub doesn't give Utsus:Ni its full effect.

    been awhile since i was ingame, but that is indeed a false statement.
    Lets not forget souleater (does anyone care about /drk's anyhow outside of STUN?)
    They might if souleater sub wasn't a joke. THF/DRK SE+DE With hate on tank would be fuckin rediculous.
    too bad mnk/drk > drk (w/o multi hit weapon) when it comes to shit like DL: hundred fist > soul eater > whm spams mnk with cure V
    It requires full use of another job for the entire fight and still isnt as good as a DRK using Ridill/KClub/Even 2 fucking daggers, not to mention the shittiness of the sub during the rest of the dynamis. No thanks.

  12. #12

    Re: COR as subjob broken?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Vail
    too bad mnk/drk > drk (w/o multi hit weapon) when it comes to shit like DL: hundred fist > soul eater > whm spams mnk with cure V
    It requires full use of another job for the entire fight and still isnt as good as a DRK using Ridill/KClub/Even 2 fucking daggers, not to mention the shittiness of the sub during the rest of the dynamis. No thanks.
    Yeah, because killing the Demon NMs is so freaking hard.

  13. #13
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,290
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    The difference is, if you are /cor the buff is extremely gimped rather than had you been cor/

    Think of it as somone using /brd. I dont get it though, it's not like COR use instruments to make them better, My attack bonus for corsair should be working off a %, but it gave a monk a 7 attack boost, which is pathetic. EXP bonus, I got 2 more exp per mob, woo.

  14. #14
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,898
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: COR as subjob broken?

    Quote Originally Posted by wartortle
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Vail
    too bad mnk/drk > drk (w/o multi hit weapon) when it comes to shit like DL: hundred fist > soul eater > whm spams mnk with cure V
    It requires full use of another job for the entire fight and still isnt as good as a DRK using Ridill/KClub/Even 2 fucking daggers, not to mention the shittiness of the sub during the rest of the dynamis. No thanks.
    Yeah, because killing the Demon NMs is so freaking hard.
    Hey, people can kill Wyrms with ease nowadays but that doesn't stop them from saying SMN onry. And pulling hate, which using anything you use a DRK sub for would do, on those NMs is death.

  15. #15

    Re: COR as subjob broken?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Quote Originally Posted by wartortle
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Vail
    too bad mnk/drk > drk (w/o multi hit weapon) when it comes to shit like DL: hundred fist > soul eater > whm spams mnk with cure V
    It requires full use of another job for the entire fight and still isnt as good as a DRK using Ridill/KClub/Even 2 fucking daggers, not to mention the shittiness of the sub during the rest of the dynamis. No thanks.
    Yeah, because killing the Demon NMs is so freaking hard.
    Hey, people can kill Wyrms with ease nowadays but that doesn't stop them from saying SMN onry. And pulling hate, which using anything you use a DRK sub for would do, on those NMs is death.
    Yeah, because the MNK is going to use Souleater + Hundred Fists on all 15 Pop NMs, the Eyes, the Dragons, Yin, Yang, and the Dynamis Lord.

  16. #16
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    308
    BG Level
    4

    Re: COR as subjob broken?

    Quote Originally Posted by grunion
    i haven't seen this mentioned on any thread yet, i apologize if it's buried somewhere and i missed it.

    on a lark i brought /COR to an NM camp for the extra XP from killing placeholders. we had an alliance of all 75's there so i could compare XP for corsair's roll to unbuffed people easily.

    i rolled 11 twice and both times both my party and the other alliance party got the exact same xp.

    this was a real disappointment to me, as i expected the buff to work as /COR just as well as COR main. in no other job does it weaken the job to have it sub instead of main, assuming the levels are the same (and no access to 2-hour, items, etc). for example, as a 37BRD, your songs will be exactly the same as 75something/37BRD. so it sucks that COR doesn't work the same way.
    Read the update. This isnt a mystery, and I am surprised you even thought you would get the same bonus as /COR as COR. They flat out said it on 4/18/06:

    Directly from POL:

    -The Phantom Roll effects of a character with corsair set as a support job are weaker, and do not gain the bonus effect from the presence of the applicable main job in the party.

    So the xp increase would be gimped by game mechanics..not a glitch. Now, for your situation...perhaps the bonus was so small that once the alliance penalty was applied, the number from Corsair Roll was <1, and we know SE doesn't round up. Therefore, if xp bonus worked out to <1, then you would get no bonus.

  17. #17
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    159
    BG Level
    3

    Re: COR as subjob broken?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland
    -The Phantom Roll effects of a character with corsair set as a support job are weaker, and do not gain the bonus effect from the presence of the applicable main job in the party.
    ah that would explain it. i never saw that patch note . not that /BRD is very useful but at least you can haste or ballad 1. /COR seems completely useless that's too bad

  18. #18
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    61
    BG Level
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    Quote Originally Posted by freja
    Also, there's plenty that's gimped from subbing than having a 37 main job. Meditate returns less tp, Blink only absorbs 2 instead of 3, Utsu Ni only absorbs 3 instead of 4, etc.

    edit: beaten
    Blink is always 2.
    nvm

  19. #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    Quote Originally Posted by freja
    Also, there's plenty that's gimped from subbing than having a 37 main job. Meditate returns less tp, Blink only absorbs 2 instead of 3, Utsu Ni only absorbs 3 instead of 4, etc.

    edit: beaten
    Blink is always 2.
    Too bad it's 3

  20. #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Lylie
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    Quote Originally Posted by freja
    Also, there's plenty that's gimped from subbing than having a 37 main job. Meditate returns less tp, Blink only absorbs 2 instead of 3, Utsu Ni only absorbs 3 instead of 4, etc.

    edit: beaten
    Blink is always 2.
    Too bad it's 3
    Blink used to be 3 shadows a veeery long time ago. It magically got reduced to 2 shadows after some patch, with absolutely no mention of it in the patch notes. Garuda's Aerial Armor still gives 3 shadows, but the whie magic "Blink" now only gives 2 shadows whether you are RDM or WHM main or sub.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. COR Subjob Options [1-75+]
    By Keston in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 2009-04-22, 14:44
  2. Possible reason for broken Steam Cleaners Server-wide?
    By geno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2005-03-09, 14:38