Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 216

Thread: X-Men 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #181
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,914
    BG Level
    10

    I know who the rivals are. I don't have to read Wiki whatever, I read the storylines as a kid. All the shit I've brought up is off top of my head, which is why I couldn't remember Thor's dad = Odin. They should have brought Colossus to the Dark Phoenix / Prof X section of the movie and had them fight at least. In the comics, they do fight a lot.

  2. #182
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,720
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall
    I know who the rivals are. I don't have to read Wiki whatever, I read the storylines as a kid. All the shit I've brought up is off top of my head, which is why I couldn't remember Thor's dad = Odin. They should have brought Colossus to the Dark Phoenix / Prof X section of the movie and had them fight at least. In the comics, they do fight a lot.

    the reason why you should read it is because a lot of shit happends :D

  3. #183
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,914
    BG Level
    10

    :O! Will check it out.

  4. #184
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,543
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    juggernaut is prof x rival but later turns good.
    Juggernaut = Xaiver's Step Brother, thus sybling rivalry.

  5. #185
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    931
    BG Level
    5

    good thing we have Xmen Legends to fall back on :D

  6. #186
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    834
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Isn't Archangel suppose to be ancient?

    I thought he has been fighting Apocalypse for thousands of years?

    I could be remembering things wrong though.

  7. #187
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Just a few things.

    Gladiator is member of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard, and is based off of Ultra Boy of the Legion of Superheroes. Ultra Boy has all of Superman's powers, but can only use one at a time, (heat vision, or super speed, or super strength) thusly Guardian is considered to be about as strong as Superman. Even at his strongest, Juggernaut was no match for Guardian.

    Juggernaut is not a mutant; his powers came from a mystical relic called the Gem of Cyttorak. I believe he was later ret-conned to have an X-Factor gene.

    Storm is a Mutant, but when she was younger she was considered to be a goddess by the people in the African countryside. The ability to control the weather is no more or less silly that being the host of a cosmic entity of life and death, having your skin become metal, the ability to phase through objects, being able to animate fire, or your only power is being able to heal yet you sell more comic books than anyone else because you have fan-boy appeal. It is called "suspending disbelief", if you watch TV you should be used to it.

    Angel is fairly strong, has powerful vision, can sustain himself on low levels of oxygen, and has a hollow bone structure, but is not a very powerful mutant. He was later given a healing factor in his blood by Chuck Austen, but his stories all sucked ass and we should just pretend that none of that actually happened. Chuck Austen did everything in his power to ruin Nightcrawler, and should be tried for crimes against humanity.

    Movies based off of comics should at least try to be somewhat true to their source. If you want to make the X-Men something other than the X-Men (or Superman, or Batman, or the Hulk, or the Fantastic Four), just make an original script with original characters and call it something else. If you are trying to capitalize on the fame of a comic book, then you have an obligation to live up to that book.

    I kind of wanted to see X-Men 3, but everything I have read leads me to believe that I will hate the movie.

  8. #188
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,772
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Angel is fairly strong, has powerful vision, can sustain himself on low levels of oxygen, and has a hollow bone structure, but is not a very powerful mutant. He was later given a healing factor in his blood by Chuck Austen, but his stories all sucked ass and we should just pretend that none of that actually happened. Chuck Austen did everything in his power to ruin Nightcrawler, and should be tried for crimes against humanity.
    That storyline was actually when I quit reading comic books ._. All that secondary mutation stuff just started confusing me, coupled with the shitty storylines I just stopped reading.

  9. #189
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Angel is fairly strong, has powerful vision, can sustain himself on low levels of oxygen, and has a hollow bone structure, but is not a very powerful mutant. He was later given a healing factor in his blood by Chuck Austen, but his stories all sucked ass and we should just pretend that none of that actually happened. Chuck Austen did everything in his power to ruin Nightcrawler, and should be tried for crimes against humanity.
    That storyline was actually when I quit reading comic books ._. All that secondary mutation stuff just started confusing me, coupled with the shitty storylines I just stopped reading.
    Secondary mutations were not all that bad; if nothing else they could have used it as an opportunity to give some lamer characters better powers. (Sadly, they did not; they just turned Beast into Tony the Tiger on Barbiturates.)

  10. #190
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,772
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Iceman's was pretty interesting, but alot of them just seemed all together stupid (i.e. Angel's, I know that the healing was I guess an "angelic" thing, but it didn't really fit in with how the character worked), and left really tacked on.

  11. #191
    Xavier
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Secondary mutations were not all that bad
    Secondary mutations? What happened exactly? Did the x-gene just evolve again, or was it, sorry for saying this, a DBZ-esqe "this enemy is too powerful lets turn up the heat SSJxx aaaaaaaa" upgrades?

  12. #192
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,772
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Alot of mutants started getting secondary powers, kind of a like a second puberty of the X-Gene. Angel's blood gained like a super powered healing factor when he mixed it with other people's blood, Iceman's body started turning into Ice (compared to how he would just cover his body in ice)

  13. #193
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,115
    BG Level
    7

    What's with the hating on Wolverine? He may only be able to heal himself but people don't like him just for his powers. He's one of the coolest characters personality wise and everybody loves the claws. People always like the badass.

  14. #194
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,242
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I watched it the other night. I haven't read the comics since like... 10 years ago or more so I have no idea what happened since.

    My biggest complaint with the movie is that they just off people left and right making it near impossible to go back and make another movie. I forgot to stay for the after credits part and wish I could have though. Only thing I could see happening is a movie that had something occur before the first movie up to before the third movie.

    Overall, I really did enjoy the movie though.

  15. #195
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,044
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Okan
    I watched it the other night. I haven't read the comics since like... 10 years ago or more so I have no idea what happened since.

    My biggest complaint with the movie is that they just off people left and right making it near impossible to go back and make another movie. I forgot to stay for the after credits part and wish I could have though. Only thing I could see happening is a movie that had something occur before the first movie up to before the third movie.

    Overall, I really did enjoy the movie though.
    No there will be a direct sequel.. you just failed to watch after the credits. By not watching after the credits, you really missed alot regarding the possiblility of a sequel... alot of these actors signed up for 3 to 4 more X-men films.

  16. #196
    Xavier
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Okan
    I watched it the other night. I haven't read the comics since like... 10 years ago or more so I have no idea what happened since.

    My biggest complaint with the movie is that they just off people left and right making it near impossible to go back and make another movie. I forgot to stay for the after credits part and wish I could have though. Only thing I could see happening is a movie that had something occur before the first movie up to before the third movie.

    Overall, I really did enjoy the movie though.
    The ending credits made it very possible for a 4th set after the 3rd.

  17. #197
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,242
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Yeah, I tried to edit that, but with the forum being all buggy it didn't go through... I was reading Wiki and found this:

    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinnie_Jones

    n 2006, Jones plays Juggernaut in X-Men 3. In an interview since filming wrapped he has stated that he is signed for more movies: "I've signed for X-Men 3, 4 and 5...that's my contract...yes." There is also a possibility that he may revive his Juggernaut role in the X-Men spin-off film Wolverine [2].

  18. #198
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    Iceman's was pretty interesting, but alot of them just seemed all together stupid (i.e. Angel's, I know that the healing was I guess an "angelic" thing, but it didn't really fit in with how the character worked), and left really tacked on.
    Iceman has been able to turn himself into pure ice for quite a while now, at least 10 years. (In fact, he is also able to melt himself and travel long distances through pipes and waterways.) I really did not understand why they tried claiming that it was a secondary mutation or even recent considering he could change to ice before the Age of Apocalypse storyline.

    The whole Archangel healing people thing was created by the deplorable Chuck Austen. It seems he wanted to make Archangel and Icarus (Jay Gunthrie) into actual angels and Nightcrawler and Abyss into demons. Seriously, the man is a total hack and should not be allowed near computers, typewriters, pens, pencils, paper, parchment, or any other implements that could be used to write in fear that he will diminish the world's collective intelligence with his two-dimensional characterization, hole-riddled plots, blatant disregard for previous character development, and inability to follow anything that resembles continuity. I wonder if I could pay Superboy Prime to punch the Marvel Universe and make his and Peter Milligan's X-Men books vanish from continuity.

    P.S. Anyway, I have said it before and I will say it again. Wolverine is the great Satan who tries to deceive us into believing that character development, pathos, and solid storytelling are not needed when one can instead sell action figures and underwear. Do not let him beguile you with his trickery.

  19. #199
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,772
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Iceman has been able to turn himself into pure ice for quite a while now, at least 10 years. (In fact, he is also able to melt himself and travel long distances through pipes and waterways.) I really did not understand why they tried claiming that it was a secondary mutation or even recent considering he could change to ice before the Age of Apocalypse storyline.
    Didn't realize that :X Brain is fuzzy since I haven't read X-Men for a long awhile. I think his "secondary mutation" was him becoming stuck in that form, or at least that's what Wikipedia tells me.

    I just remember picking up reading X-Men again in the middle of the Chuck Austen stuff and getting so turned off by the gay storylines I stopped reading.

  20. #200
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    76
    BG Level
    2

    his second mutation wasnt to "turn into ice". he cant revert back to his human form and now he can control all the moisture on earth sorta like magneto with magnatism.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Did Astonishing X-Men #18 get delayed?
    By Krandor in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2006-11-19, 03:10
  2. Old men of today
    By ciechi in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2006-10-25, 12:34
  3. X-Men: Phoenix- Warsong
    By Septimus in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 2006-09-11, 11:35
  4. X Men 3
    By Serif in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 2005-12-10, 16:58
  5. A question for men and women.
    By Sadler in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2005-04-24, 10:36