Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Hysteric Barrage     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    151
    BG Level
    3

    Hysteric Barrage

    I'm currently 0/60+ on learning this spell. I had a few questions, due to the conflict of information I'm getting from various sources. Please corroborate and discuss the following, which I've heard. I want to get this straight so I don't waste time.

    1. "You can learn from Lamia, but not Merrow."
    2. "You have to make the mob drop its weapon, go into Hand to Hand mode, and then it will use Hysteric Barrage."
    3. "To make the mob drop its weapon, you need to use a critical hit attack."
    4. "Blade: Ku makes mob drop its weapon."

    I'm not sure what's true and what's not, please advise.

    Also, where's the best place to find these damn mobs.... Everything in Arrapago Reef is T-VT for me at 71. Are there easier ones?

    Thanks in advance for any insight.

  2. #2
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    220
    BG Level
    4

    dont forget these

    5. spin around 5 times then clap 2 times to make it drop weapon
    6. gotta fight with no head and body gear on, but guild glasses are ok
    7. fight in weakened mode

  3. #3

    You can learn this from Lamia #13 =]

  4. #4
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,259
    BG Level
    7

    I posted how to make Lamia drop their weapon in the BLU job findings thread.

    Just use a WS as the Lamia is attacking, so that you knock off it's weapon. Merrows give tail slap, Lamias give H. Barrage.

  5. #5
    Chram
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,887
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

    Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    I posted how to make Lamia drop their weapon in the BLU job findings thread.

    Just use a WS as the Lamia is attacking, so that you knock off it's weapon.
    What he said.

    For any of the moves you need to learn where the mob is required to drop it's weapon, just time a weapon skill to hit as the mob is swinging it's weapon at you. I believe crits works as well but obviously there's no way you can time or force that, it'll just happen and you can consider yourself lucky. Don't forget that these mobs will pull out their weapon again after a certain amount of time so try knocking it away around their TP for maximum efficiency. It's tricky to start with but eventually it'll just be second nature to you. Whenever I do the Mamool Ja Assaults now I always knock their Sword away to save myself from shadow-raping Vorpal Blade just because.

  6. #6
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    151
    BG Level
    3

    Awesome information. Thank you.

  7. #7

    Re: Hysteric Barrage

    Statement number 1 is not true. Both lamia and merrow will use Hysteric Barrage if you make them drop their weapons. Also, like others have said, crit hits and timed ws will make the mobs drop their weapons if they hit at the correct time, ie when the mob is swinging at you. You can do this from any angle, btw. No need to stand behind them. I can't comment on Blade: Ku, but I assume it works like other ws re: weapon dropping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalas
    I'm currently 0/60+ on learning this spell. I had a few questions, due to the conflict of information I'm getting from various sources. Please corroborate and discuss the following, which I've heard. I want to get this straight so I don't waste time.

    1. "You can learn from Lamia, but not Merrow."
    2. "You have to make the mob drop its weapon, go into Hand to Hand mode, and then it will use Hysteric Barrage."
    3. "To make the mob drop its weapon, you need to use a critical hit attack."
    4. "Blade: Ku makes mob drop its weapon."

    I'm not sure what's true and what's not, please advise.

    Also, where's the best place to find these damn mobs.... Everything in Arrapago Reef is T-VT for me at 71. Are there easier ones?

    Thanks in advance for any insight.

  8. #8
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,157
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Hysteric Barrage

    Quote Originally Posted by Caocao
    Statement number 1 is not true. Both lamia and merrow will use Hysteric Barrage if you make them drop their weapons. Also, like others have said, crit hits and timed ws will make the mobs drop their weapons if they hit at the correct time, ie when the mob is swinging at you. You can do this from any angle, btw. No need to stand behind them. I can't comment on Blade: Ku, but I assume it works like other ws re: weapon dropping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalas
    I'm currently 0/60+ on learning this spell. I had a few questions, due to the conflict of information I'm getting from various sources. Please corroborate and discuss the following, which I've heard. I want to get this straight so I don't waste time.

    1. "You can learn from Lamia, but not Merrow."
    2. "You have to make the mob drop its weapon, go into Hand to Hand mode, and then it will use Hysteric Barrage."
    3. "To make the mob drop its weapon, you need to use a critical hit attack."
    4. "Blade: Ku makes mob drop its weapon."

    I'm not sure what's true and what's not, please advise.

    Also, where's the best place to find these damn mobs.... Everything in Arrapago Reef is T-VT for me at 71. Are there easier ones?

    Thanks in advance for any insight.
    Just because Merrows use it too doesn't mean you can learn it from them.

  9. #9
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,227
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: Hysteric Barrage

    Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    Quote Originally Posted by Caocao
    Statement number 1 is not true. Both lamia and merrow will use Hysteric Barrage if you make them drop their weapons. Also, like others have said, crit hits and timed ws will make the mobs drop their weapons if they hit at the correct time, ie when the mob is swinging at you. You can do this from any angle, btw. No need to stand behind them. I can't comment on Blade: Ku, but I assume it works like other ws re: weapon dropping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalas
    I'm currently 0/60+ on learning this spell. I had a few questions, due to the conflict of information I'm getting from various sources. Please corroborate and discuss the following, which I've heard. I want to get this straight so I don't waste time.

    1. "You can learn from Lamia, but not Merrow."
    2. "You have to make the mob drop its weapon, go into Hand to Hand mode, and then it will use Hysteric Barrage."
    3. "To make the mob drop its weapon, you need to use a critical hit attack."
    4. "Blade: Ku makes mob drop its weapon."

    I'm not sure what's true and what's not, please advise.

    Also, where's the best place to find these damn mobs.... Everything in Arrapago Reef is T-VT for me at 71. Are there easier ones?

    Thanks in advance for any insight.
    Just because Merrows use it too doesn't mean you can learn it from them.
    Can you learn more than one ability from the same mob type? e.g. fighting a Lamia might earn you Tail Slap or Hysteric Barrage, and if you keep fighting Lamiae and never Merrow, you will eventually learn both.

    If the answer to that is yes, then can you learn a particular ability from more than one mob type? e.g. you can learn Power Attack from either Beetles or Gigas (which also offer Grand Slam).

  10. #10

    Re: Hysteric Barrage

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Can you learn more than one ability from the same mob type? e.g. fighting a Lamia might earn you Tail Slap or Hysteric Barrage, and if you keep fighting Lamiae and never Merrow, you will eventually learn both.
    No

  11. #11
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,259
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Hysteric Barrage

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberfoxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Can you learn more than one ability from the same mob type? e.g. fighting a Lamia might earn you Tail Slap or Hysteric Barrage, and if you keep fighting Lamiae and never Merrow, you will eventually learn both.
    No
    Erm yes you can.

    Trolls give diamond hide and enervation, mamoojas give warm up and fire spit.

  12. #12
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    30,688
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I was under the impression you learn those from the 2 different types of those mobs, like the Armored trolls give Diamondhide and the unarmored ones give Enervation

  13. #13
    Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,843
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    I was under the impression you learn those from the 2 different types of those mobs, like the Armored trolls give Diamondhide and the unarmored ones give Enervation
    Makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    If the answer to that is yes, then can you learn a particular ability from more than one mob type? e.g. you can learn Power Attack from either Beetles or Gigas (which also offer Grand Slam).
    Lmfao.

  14. #14

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    I was under the impression you learn those from the 2 different types of those mobs, like the Armored trolls give Diamondhide and the unarmored ones give Enervation
    /nod
    same that mamools mages gives firespit and melees warm-up.

  15. #15
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,259
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    I was under the impression you learn those from the 2 different types of those mobs, like the Armored trolls give Diamondhide and the unarmored ones give Enervation
    Yeah that makes sense, but I was saying that one mob race can give more than one spell, like trolls and mamools. But mandies can't give wild oats AND headbutt.

  16. #16
    >The Implying
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,043
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    The only mob types that you can learn more than one Blue Magic from are the new beastmen I believe.

  17. #17
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    151
    BG Level
    3

    Thanks again Russta for your excellent advice regarding using WS to "break" the weapon used. Is this same strategy advisable for Mamool Ja and Qutrub to trigger their WS?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Barrage+1
    By Waku in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2009-11-12, 12:46
  2. Blu af body vs antares/dex build for hysteric barrage.
    By lovehatehero in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2009-06-20, 18:33
  3. Mob TP with Barrage
    By sherazhina in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2008-03-24, 07:50
  4. How does Barrage Work?
    By Kirschy in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2007-02-15, 21:18