Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 153
  1. #1
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    33
    BG Level
    1

    Need advice Ethereal Earring or Magnetic Earring ?

    Not sure where else to post pls forgive me ..

    I have whm blm rng pld @ 75, and rdm 71 soon to be 75 hopefully.

    I have Loq. Earring, Moldavite earring.

    Just wondering should i pick magnetic for my mage jobs or ethereal for pld ? =/ . Is Magnetic > Moldavite for blm?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. #2
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,817
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

    Do you use PLD alot? pick ethereal if you do.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  3. #3
    Vygun
    Guest

    if you tank hnm get ethereal. No other earring even comes close to comparing with it. All depends on what job you find yourself on and what kind of stuff you fight.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #4
    Very Sexy Nerd
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,562
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I have BLM/SMN/BRD/PLD leveled, and I don't really use PLD much, and I picked Ethereal and wouldn't have taken it any other way.


    Moldavite is irreplacable for blm imo.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. #5
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    33
    BG Level
    1

    I seldom use pld =/ even though my gears are much better than other pld in the ls. Mainly coz i have blm and whm jobs ><;;
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  6. #6

    Re: Need advice Ethereal Earring or Magnetic Earring ?

    Quote Originally Posted by yoshizz
    Not sure where else to post pls forgive me ..

    I have whm blm rng pld @ 75, and rdm 71 soon to be 75 hopefully.

    I have Loq. Earring, Moldavite earring.

    Just wondering should i pick magnetic for my mage jobs or ethereal for pld ? =/ . Is Magnetic > Moldavite for blm?
    hollow no doubt
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #7
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    33
    BG Level
    1



    i think rng is like dead.... the only time i will use them is for shadowbind only wasted all my merits on rng T_T
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #8
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,220
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by yoshizz


    i think rng is like dead.... the only time i will use them is for shadowbind only wasted all my merits on rng T_T
    http://sheepclonearmy.ytmnd.com/couldn't resist
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #9
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    43
    BG Level
    1

    Please lern 2 play (thinking for yourself helps too).
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #10
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,478
    BG Level
    7

    PLD without etheral is gimp nowadays >>;
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  11. #11
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    175
    BG Level
    3

    Ethereal is an easy choice. You give up very little. 5-10hp loss in exchange for the damage -> mp conversion. I would think that the usefulness of the ethereal earring outweighs the usefulness of the magnetic.

    In the crudest terms possible (and making some assumptions), if you spend all the mp recovered through the damage conversion on healing yourself, your PLD essentially takes ~10% less damage over time.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  12. #12

    Quote Originally Posted by loial
    Ethereal is an easy choice. You give up very little. 5-10hp loss in exchange for the damage -> mp conversion. I would think that the usefulness of the ethereal earring outweighs the usefulness of the magnetic.

    In the crudest terms possible (and making some assumptions), if you spend all the mp recovered through the damage conversion on healing yourself, your PLD essentially takes ~10% less damage over time.
    Etherial is the closest thing to a Suppanomimi II

    When I saw the "Antivenom earring" I pretty much cried inside as it killed most of my reasons for picking Magnetic over Etherial

    I'm not even a PLD, but if I was a PLD: I'd regret not picking etherial, much in the same manor as people who picked other earrings over suppanomimi regret it

    PLD without etheral is gimp nowadays >>;
    everytime a PLD in my LS tanks that doesn't have this earring, it gets me upset it really limits them compared to a PLD with this earring
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  13. #13
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,290
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    conserve MP+1 is the dumbest reason to pick Magnetic, since you can already have a Boroka Earring + Relaxing.


    I still have not done this BC, dont really care for these earrings. If anything i'll go for Magnetic for my mages, or Ethereal for my thief/beastmaster.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  14. #14
    >The Implying
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,045
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Pick Etheral, simply because you have PLD to 75.

    While Magnetic definitely is useful, best of its class, there are earrings out there that are slightly comparable. Nothing can match the utility you'd get out of Etheral.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  15. #15
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    599
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    conserve MP+5 is the best reason to pick Magnetic because it is very powerful stacked with other conserve MP equipment.


    I still have not done this BC, dont really care for these earrings. If anything i'll go for Magnetic for my mages, or Ethereal for my thief/beastmaster.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  16. #16
    Chram
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,887
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    While Magnetic definitely is useful, best of its class, there are earrings out there that are slightly comparable. Nothing can match the utility you'd get out of Etheral.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

    Can insert the word "Suppanomimi" in place of "Ethereal" for the answer to Divine Might too.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  17. #17
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    279
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by threevo
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    conserve MP+5 is the best reason to pick Magnetic because it is very powerful stacked with other conserve MP equipment.


    I still have not done this BC, dont really care for these earrings. If anything i'll go for Magnetic for my Black Mage, or Ethereal for my Ninja.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  18. #18
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,290
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    I didnt say that but I dont mind taking the credit ^_^, because I agree.

    It's like haste, who the fuck notices 3% haste? hardly anyone, but 3% here, 5% there, 4% there, etc etc and then you notice it.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  19. #19
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    33
    BG Level
    1

    hmmm, most of you suggest Etheral earring.. but I hardly used pld. wouldn't be wasted if i pick that and leave it in the mog house? =/
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  20. #20
    Very Sexy Nerd
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,562
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Yes, because the few times you do use Paladin, it will be way more useful than any of the other three earrings.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Paladins with Magnetic earring? (vs Ethereal Earring)
    By grimrising in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2008-07-29, 09:04
  2. Rajas L or R ring slot/DM L or R ear Slot
    By Zarath in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 2008-03-17, 04:08
  3. Knight's earring or Suppanomimi ?
    By Taliesin in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 2006-04-26, 20:24
  4. Magnetic Earring Testing
    By Enchy in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 211
    Last Post: 2006-03-06, 00:10