Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Sunny Weather?     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,785
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Sunny Weather?

    Can anyone help me settle this debate... when the weather NPC tells you the weather will be sunny, is there even a possibility of a weather condition popping up, even for a short while? Or is there zero chance of any weather (besides fire) coming up during that time?

    Thanks for your input...

  2. #2

    i think it's like 3 straight days of sunny weather and on the 3rd day it will be fire weather >_>

  3. #3
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,785
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Well I need earth... talking about the Altepa deserts, it's been sunny for 5 days now (well 2, and 3 in the forecast), and was just wondering if there was a chance of earth spawning.

  4. #4
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    677
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Sunny Weather?

    Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    Can anyone help me settle this debate... when the weather NPC tells you the weather will be sunny, is there even a possibility of a weather condition popping up, even for a short while? Or is there zero chance of any weather (besides fire) coming up during that time?

    Thanks for your input...
    Weather NPC sucks!

    He will say a day will be sunny, but any weather that can happen in that region has a chance of happening on that day.

    When he says it will be windy or dusty or whatever he describes Earth, wind, etc. weather as, then that weather has 100% chance of happening on that day.

    I suck at explaining...

  5. #5
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,785
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    That's what I thought. Thanks.

  6. #6
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    29,379
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Think of them as actual weather forecasters..


    the further into the future you go, the less accurate they are.

  7. #7

    The things weather NPCs give are probabilities, not certainties. Didn't take me long to realize that wind weather was possible even when the NPC announces no weather or fire weather in Cape Teriggan when I was working on getting my Sirocco Kukri.

  8. #8
    Chram
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,887
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

    Protecting Bangles or Sand Gloves?

  9. #9
    Physicist
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,493
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Protecting Bangles or Sand Gloves?
    fuck Diamond with a spoon, 30 hours of my life never to return

    never saw it once

  10. #10
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,472
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Kinda off topic, where is weather npc in ToA for arapagos reef (this picture quest is making me go crazy)

  11. #11
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,006
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Protecting Bangles or Sand Gloves?
    fuck Diamond with a spoon, 30 hours of my life never to return

    never saw it once

    I LOL'd hard as saw a WAR Sneak Attack Raging Rush for double-digits on that mob. My en-spells outparsed everybody [no BLMs willing to help=long battle-of-attrition]

    I got them, smiled, used them for a month, then switched to Crimson Gloves. I'll use them on BLU or something... Just so I don't feel like I didn't waste that week camping them nonstop.

  12. #12
    Physicist
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,493
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by cassiraa
    Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Protecting Bangles or Sand Gloves?
    fuck Diamond with a spoon, 30 hours of my life never to return

    never saw it once

    I LOL'd hard as saw a WAR Sneak Attack Raging Rush for double-digits on that mob. My en-spells outparsed everybody [no BLMs willing to help=long battle-of-attrition]

    I got them, smiled, used them for a month, then switched to Crimson Gloves. I'll use them on BLU or something... Just so I don't feel like I didn't waste that week camping them nonstop.
    yeah i don't think it has high DEF, it just has 999 VIT, which also prevents it from popping

  13. #13
    Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,843
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiraa
    Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Protecting Bangles or Sand Gloves?
    fuck Diamond with a spoon, 30 hours of my life never to return

    never saw it once

    I LOL'd hard as saw a WAR Sneak Attack Raging Rush for double-digits on that mob. My en-spells outparsed everybody [no BLMs willing to help=long battle-of-attrition]

    I got them, smiled, used them for a month, then switched to Crimson Gloves. I'll use them on BLU or something... Just so I don't feel like I didn't waste that week camping them nonstop.
    yeah i don't think it has high DEF, it just has 999 VIT, which also prevents it from popping
    lmao

  14. #14
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,006
    BG Level
    6

    btw: It's a Lottery...inside of the Weather. Double Spawn Conditions FTL.

    You need double-earth, AND you need to have the mobs repopping during double earth. Sometimes the sandstorm doesn't even take long enough for mobs to die and repop.

    Just FYI. If you were just chillin, even if Sandstorm hit, it wouldn't just pop. At least that's what I translated off of a JP website, and it coincides with my experiences. (And he won't despawn when weather changes)


    BLU tank with Prt Bangles ftw?

  15. #15
    Physicist
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,493
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by cassiraa
    btw: It's a Lottery...inside of the Weather. Double Spawn Conditions FTL.

    You need double-earth, AND you need to have the mobs repopping during double earth. Sometimes the sandstorm doesn't even take long enough for mobs to die and repop.

    Just FYI. If you were just chillin, even if Sandstorm hit, it wouldn't just pop. At least that's what I translated off of a JP website, and it coincides with my experiences. (And he won't despawn when weather changes)


    BLU tank with Prt Bangles ftw?
    Yeah I had read enough about it on alla to assume that's how it worked (and I guess I was right), but I counted 9 sandstorms...8 of which I was able to make a pop and no spawn

  16. #16
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,006
    BG Level
    6

    ouch, That's rough. I camped one day with my now-Ex when we were both entirely too low level to fight it. It popped [the NM] and we died trying to gravity kite it, Afterwards it became my White Whale, lol.

    AFAIK it's 100% drop, if that's reassuring at all :3


    To Op: Tonight's forecast, Dark. Continued mostly dark tonight, turning to widely scattered light in morning.

  17. #17
    The God Damn Kuno
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,670
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    What the hell do those gloves do thats so special?

  18. #18

    Huge defense.

  19. #19
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    35,830
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    What the hell do those gloves do thats so special?
    lvl56 hand armor with DEF:30. Same DEF as Koenig Hands. So just an awesome piece of armor if your looking to raise your total defense.

  20. #20
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,220
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    What the hell do those gloves do thats so special?
    protecting bangles&sand gloves

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Weather
    By Neosutra in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 2008-03-03, 22:47
  2. Weather question
    By Serif in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2008-01-26, 16:29
  3. Random question regarding weather and servers.
    By Francisco II in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2007-10-19, 09:15
  4. Online Weather
    By cassiraa in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2007-01-15, 11:10