+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Outkast~     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,182
    BG Level
    10

    Outkast~

    First off Mighty O... wow... nobody else could even begin to pull that off... these guys are so just plain unbelievable... but...

    It sounds like the next album will be the last ; ;

    anyone else extremely depressed by the though of no more Outkast?

    Liberation still makes me wanna cry... it's so amazing the music they've made

    Something must be done! Stop the Outkast split!

  2. #2
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    821
    BG Level
    5

    faggot

  3. #3
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,182
    BG Level
    10

    no u

  4. #4
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    199
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuai
    faggot
    lol
    yeah outkast is good but crying to liberation...?

  5. #5
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,182
    BG Level
    10

    yeah cuz that's what I said or was the point at all...

    why I'm even bothering to reply to someone that got that out of the post I really don't know

  6. #6
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    199
    BG Level
    3

    I understand what you were saying, that its all sad and shit that this is outkasts last CD, i just thought it was funny that you wanted to cry when you hear liberation. But Dre is acting and Big Boi will probably still continue doing music.

  7. #7
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    29,155
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    one less rapper, but 20 more will fill the void.

  8. #8

    a tribe called quest > Outkast thx

  9. #9

    yes but Outkast > shit > the rest of the south/crunk/bullshit that sounds the same

  10. #10
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,501
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    one less rapper, but 20 more will fill the void.

    QFT

  11. #11
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,220
    BG Level
    6

    don't know who this is by.. but.. that song that just repeats "ever since i was a lil nukka" over and over has killed the genre

  12. #12
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,166
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    im sorry mrs jackson OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

  13. #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Neutral
    a tribe called quest > Outkast thx
    you are my god. tribe is the best rap group ever. there are many tribe songs i bet rap haters could at least tolerate.

    and about outkast, never believe an artist when they say it is their last album. if the money is there which i bet it will be so will they making another album. however, even if they remained solo, both dre and big boi are talented enough to stand on their own and be good.

  14. #14
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,182
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Idlepimp
    I understand what you were saying, that its all sad and shit that this is outkasts last CD, i just thought it was funny that you wanted to cry when you hear liberation. But Dre is acting and Big Boi will probably still continue doing music.
    *sigh* I didn't mean it literally...

    Though I'll certainly admit there are songs that bring back memories of certain events/times that make me wanna cry... no shame there...

    All I meant there though was that Outkast is like the only music coming out these days where when they express an emotion, you feel it. Which is the sign of truly good music to me.

    As far as rather it's their last album or not, well basically here's the deal, I guess other people haven't heard.

    Basically, Andre refuses to tour. Doesn't sound like he even wants to make another album, but they have one left on their contract, which limits what he can do otherwise.
    If money will keep them together, and making shit as good as Atliens/Southernplayalistic/Aquemini... then I'll go buy like 5 copies of each right now if it'll matter lol.

    Anyway it sucks, I'm depressed about it. /emo, /wrists, etc.

    And to compare Tribe and Outkast is like comparing The Bloodhound Gang and Alice in Chains. If you want some skill and a lot of sillyness, sure, Tribe, and the gang, are groovy enough. But if you want real music by unbelievably talented musicians able to express emotions most people can't even understand when they feel them themselves... that's outkast/aic. It's all in what you're looking for.

  15. #15

    Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    Quote Originally Posted by Idlepimp
    I understand what you were saying, that its all sad and shit that this is outkasts last CD, i just thought it was funny that you wanted to cry when you hear liberation. But Dre is acting and Big Boi will probably still continue doing music.
    *sigh* I didn't mean it literally...

    Though I'll certainly admit there are songs that bring back memories of certain events/times that make me wanna cry... no shame there...

    All I meant there though was that Outkast is like the only music coming out these days where when they express an emotion, you feel it. Which is the sign of truly good music to me.

    As far as rather it's their last album or not, well basically here's the deal, I guess other people haven't heard.

    Basically, Andre refuses to tour. Doesn't sound like he even wants to make another album, but they have one left on their contract, which limits what he can do otherwise.
    If money will keep them together, and making shit as good as Atliens/Southernplayalistic/Aquemini... then I'll go buy like 5 copies of each right now if it'll matter lol.

    Anyway it sucks, I'm depressed about it. /emo, /wrists, etc.

    And to compare Tribe and Outkast is like comparing The Bloodhound Gang and Alice in Chains. If you want some skill and a lot of sillyness, sure, Tribe, and the gang, are groovy enough. But if you want real music by unbelievably talented musicians able to express emotions most people can't even understand when they feel them themselves... that's outkast/aic. It's all in what you're looking for.
    To say that outkast are the only rappers out there these days coveying emotion isnt true, just listen to come concious rappers like talib, mos def, the roots, and common if you want similiar quality lyrics. they along with a few others are the only ones saving rap from the SHIT that is threatening to destroy the genre, which is ironically growing and spreading like a cancer that eminates in the same region as the great outkast lol (and texas too. fuck texas rap).

    older rap groups with substance are gang starr and digable planets. pharcyde is weird in a tribe/de la soul way but i enjoy them too. and of course de la themselves are always fun.

    and dont knock tribe lol, midnight marauders/low end theory/peoples instinctive travels > aquemeni. while their lyrics may not have been all that deep they were ahead of their time the same way outkast was just for different reasons. they will always be my favorites.

  16. #16
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,297
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    >.> i agree with you, but i love texas rap, lol, paul wall, chamillionaire, cory mo, boss hogg, slim thug

    they take rap back to hip hop style, just flowing about nothing at all, not like that stupid ass ying yang shit and crap like that, i swear, you can take every ying yang twins song and mix them together and you couldnt tell a difference

    but i do have a problem with dj screw, god he is (was, hes dead now) complete waste of air, first time i heard him i thought my cd player was fucking up

  17. #17

    Quote Originally Posted by Surealistic
    >.> i agree with you, but i love texas rap, lol, paul wall, chamillionaire, cory mo, boss hogg, slim thug

    they take rap back to hip hop style, just flowing about nothing at all, not like that stupid ass ying yang shit and crap like that, i swear, you can take every ying yang twins song and mix them together and you couldnt tell a difference

    but i do have a problem with dj screw, god he is (was, hes dead now) complete waste of air, first time i heard him i thought my cd player was fucking up
    lol all those people you listed are hardly hip hop style. some of the beats are tight, and the only one i hear actually contributing to his own are paul wall at swisha house. however, lyrically is the way they are killing us all. old school rap was a mix of funny, simple, gangster, all types depending on the time and person. but now its awful, rapping about the same retarded cars, grills (mouth and car), hoes, etc.... awful.

  18. #18
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    199
    BG Level
    3

    90% of all mainstream hip hop sucks now. i LOVED texas rappers back when it was underground and they rapped about coming up in the game, not grills and candy paint cadillacs. I still like slim thug, bun b and pimp c, strictly because they got flow.

  19. #19

    If you're gonna talk about rapping about nothing at all, no one can touch the Beastie Boys. No one. An entire career built on rapping about rapping and they did it better than anyone AND they can play instruments AND they are concerned with more than icing out their freaking teeth.

    Anyone dogging on OutKast like if they disappear, 3 more rappers will replace them? Not 3 more rappers like OutKast. If you just don't like hip hop then don't post. Saying OutKast is like any other rap act is like someone coming into a thread about classical music and saying Mozart sucks. You don't understand, go away. Dre is like the second coming of Prince, guy's talented and creative as hell, and Big Boi won my heart forever when he said that people know they have money, they don't need to make records about how rich they are. I'm so fucking tired of rap about how much ice or gangster rolls some idiot that hit it big with shit music has. They both are very creative, complex lyricists, and their production is top-notch, soulful, and musical. Stankonia as an album is as solid an effort as any rap act has put together, ever. I don't mean the singles, I mean the whole album. OutKast's extra member-people like Goodie Mob/Cee-Lo are pretty good too. Goodie Mob in "Soul Food" and OutKast with "Southernplayalisticadillacmusik" had two of the most polished and soulful debuts rap's had.

    Crunk's been around a long time. Remember 2 Live Crew and Luke, and just shake-that-ass music that was just meant for clubs and grinding on people? That's what crunk is now. And that's fine but it should have stayed in the fucking clubs. Hip hop died the second someone thought it'd be a good idea to press that shit onto a disc like it's worth listening to on its own. If you actually like crunk you are an idiot with horrible taste. I sure hope you at least stole it through downloading, if you actually support those 'artists' with your money, well, it's your money, but you're dumb. I don't need to help fucking Lil Jon put more diamonds on his Crunk Cup, personally. If I hear another single with a winding whistle in the background like that constitutes production or music I'm going to start killing every puppy I see.

    For a laugh, check out MC Lar's "Generic Crunk Rap," the most fun I've had listening to a rap song in um, ever. Except maybe dreaming about what Bombs Over Baghdad would be like if it was released for DDR. >_>

  20. #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Belkin
    im sorry mrs jackson OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    I AM FO REEEAAALLLL

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag