Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wam. Cacoon     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Naver

Wam. Cacoon

My clothcraft is 82.6+2 now and I'm trying to find an alternative to Arhat's Hakama for skill up. I read that Wam. Silk | Wam. Cloth is good till 90~. Only problem is AH never has supply and Guild is always sold out. Anyone know where I can farm these items? I know of two places, Mount.Z and Halvung. I'm not a BLM so I can't solo the ones in Mount.Z, but how about Halvung? Also if you know the locations for these in Halvung please leave a post. Thanks in advance. =)

There are wamoura in halvung that con DC-T to 75 inside the halvung zone from mount Z from the escape point. Not sure of the exact <pos> but its pretty close to there, but bombs and jellies usually accompany these. Also, if you or someone you know can open the gates of halvung, there are toooooooons of wamoura inside the halvung zones from the island where the dahaks are, should all be DC-T.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

You can solo the ones in Halvung but be prepared for a huuuuuuge walk to get to them. I'm currently writing a Blue Mage guide so here is an excerpt of it on how to get to those;

"The spot in question is the whole North-West section of Halvung's main map, at B, C and D7. There are nine Wamouracampa with about two or three Ebony Puddings scattered in between them. The hardest part about this camp is actually getting to it. If you have a few people with you you can just walk through Halvung and used the two necessary doors controlled by the Operating Levers or, if like us, you only have 2-3 people, take a long ass walk to the far SW of Zhayolm, zone in through E-9, head south inside Halvung and drop at E-10."

You need the cast metal plate for the Gates of Halvung to get anywhere btw.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

You should be able to solo the wamouracampas just fine in the places descriped on smn or bst. Thing is I don't know why you'd waste your time, you're 82.x clothcraft and obviously have at least some capital to work with. Right now wamoura cocoons are 10k a piece and under on my server, maybe they'll spring back, but thats cheap as hell for as high a recipe as it is.

My suggestion is to keep watching the AH or get a BLM who does solo up there to sell to you exclusively.

Naver

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    You should be able to solo the wamouracampas just fine in the places descriped on smn or bst. Thing is I don't know why you'd waste your time, you're 82.x clothcraft and obviously have at least some capital to work with. Right now wamoura cocoons are 10k a piece and under on my server, maybe they'll spring back, but thats cheap as hell for as high a recipe as it is.

My suggestion is to keep watching the AH or get a BLM who does solo up there to sell to you exclusively.
    Well I do have some capital to work with but, I gain most of mine from BCNMs. Cloth is just a hobby to me so doing it for free is the way I enjoy doing it. I farmed all my spider webs to turn into threads to turn into cloths. Farmed about 15 stacks of threads plus seals to boot. I'm not a big fan of powerleveling a craft since I enjoy exping and farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    You can solo the ones in Halvung but be prepared for a huuuuuuge walk to get to them. I'm currently writing a Blue Mage guide so here is an excerpt of it on how to get to those;

"The spot in question is the whole North-West section of Halvung's main map, at B, C and D7. There are nine Wamouracampa with about two or three Ebony Puddings scattered in between them. The hardest part about this camp is actually getting to it. If you have a few people with you you can just walk through Halvung and used the two necessary doors controlled by the Operating Levers or, if like us, you only have 2-3 people, take a long ass walk to the far SW of Zhayolm, zone in through E-9, head south inside Halvung and drop at E-10."

You need the cast metal plate for the Gates of Halvung to get anywhere btw.
    You are the man like always, thanks for the reply I was looking for. Most maps I find do not tell you mob locations, and I'm really unfamiliar with the new zones other than exp areas and HNMs.