Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 190
  1. #141
    Ish
    Ish is offline
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    177
    BG Level
    3

    All MMOs are equally shit. I still play FFXI because I have tons of manhours invested in my character, have a great linkshell full of people I enjoy being around and I enjoy the challenge of doing new and old things in different ways. There isn't too much more I want until my next jobs are leveled, but whatev, I'm sure I'll get what I want sooner than most.

    Anyway, I'm not moving on to another MMO ever. FFXI is the end of this shit for me. To hell with starting over. Besides, to me, FFXI is not an abysmal game. SquareEnix however leaves a lot to be desired.

  2. #142
    Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,841
    BG Level
    8

    [quote=Boxerz]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixtail
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxerz
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxerz
    Quote Originally Posted by "Boxerz":0880c
    FFXI quest's consumes time and allows you not to think of your boring life.
    This is why people play video games to begin with.
    damn i thought we played for fun, not just to waste time
    All video games are wastes of time. How you get your fun may not be related to how I get my fun. Therefor, why are you ripping on what someone finds 'fun?" in a thread that tries to point out there's more then three kings? MMORPG's aren't for you soo..don't play, don't post and don't rip on other people's enjoyment.
    read the thread title
    [/quote:0880c]WHAT IS THIS /QUOTE TAG YOU SPEAK OF

  3. #143
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6
    BG Level
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Sixtail
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxerz
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxerz
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxerz
    FFXI quest's consumes time and allows you not to think of your boring life.
    This is why people play video games to begin with.
    damn i thought we played for fun, not just to waste time
    All video games are wastes of time.
    not the ones that people pay you money to play

  4. #144
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,720
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Nirokun!

    NO!

    It was Labyrinth of Onzozo with you, Genosync, the real Deus, me, that taru summoner, and that random non-taru(think he was elvaan) guy. You showed me your noble's in trade, and said maybe i'd get one if my LS loved me enough. You said "finally, a good whm," I REMEMBER, YOU DONT! We met again the next day, for sex and more exp (*'-')

  5. #145
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    89
    BG Level
    2

    Isn't it depressing that people who quit FFXI four or five months ago still feel the need to rag on it?

    People should play whatever game they like. To thump on FFXI as if WoW has no redundacy is very hypocritical.

    Bert and his crew moved on to a game they felt was more rewarding. Good for them. I continue to play FFXI for the same reasons alot of people who've been around awhile play: I've grown attached to the people I play FFXI with.

  6. #146
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    249
    BG Level
    4

    I continue to play FFXI for the same reasons alot of people who've been around awhile play: I've grown attached to the people I play FFXI with
    well said.

    i just didn't have enough friends playing wow to pursue it.. which is exactly why i, and a few others continue to play ffxi. if my friends all quit, then i wouldn't play. simple as that. not to rag on wow, i thought it was a good game, but when i played, you noticed that not many people 'cared' for you (sorry for the lack of a better word) as much. why should they? there's no reason for anyone to build friendships in that game. i think it has to do with the fact that the game doesn't require as much grind, and it doesn't force you to work in groups to get things (such as AF, summoner quests, LB, all that stuff) done.

    now i dont have much experience in the end game of wow, but i can be certain that the lvling and the questing part of the game can be, for the most part be done solo. i'm not saying which is better, but it is obviously a preference, although yes i think king camps are retarded, and i really don't like how SE set that up.

    on a side note..
    one thing for certain is that FFXI has been getting improvements over the years to make the game a bit faster paced, like decreased exp needed to lvl, it's easier to get chain mobs, exp rings, etc. so it might not be long til SE might fix some things in ffxi that are cumbersome and really no fun if one has done it so much.(dynamis ugh)

  7. #147
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    29
    BG Level
    1

    I've been told that my linkshell and I are considered 'lesser, worse players' because we don't waste our lives camping Fafnir. I've also been told that if I don't camp kings I'm not taking part in half the game.

    I spend my time doing sky, sea, Dynamis, Limbus, Assault, quests, missions, popped NMs, and levelling. I find I am quite entertained and feel no need to go camp kings.

    I hate camping kings because they are over-crowded, nearly impossible to claim, frequently stolen, and the source of much drama.

    I would like to be able to fight them one day but I don't see any advantages to trying to do so now. It's just the source of much frustration and depression after camping for weeks on end and never getting a chance to fight.

    I think SE needs to change them from timed NMs to popped NMs on a tier system like sky and sea. I don't even care if they make the tiers difficult to achieve, but make them achievable after putting in some time and effort.

    This nonsense where you can put in endless amounts of effort and time but get absolutely nothing out of it has to end.

  8. #148
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    953
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by Meara
    I've been told that my linkshell and I are considered 'lesser, worse players' because we don't waste our lives camping Fafnir. I've also been told that if I don't camp kings I'm not taking part in half the game.
    Misery loves company. Don't let them get to you.

  9. #149
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,133
    BG Level
    8

    The only reason I can't delete my FFXI account fully is the social aspect. All the friends I have make it very worthwhile. I stopped religiously going to king camps months ago anyways.. so there wasn't much outside of assault and random other end game to keep me happy. I guess I got tired of it. WoW has won me over so far, so I'm sticking with that mainly. Besides, I can talk to my friends on AIM. ;o

  10. #150
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    818
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by kemigumi
    everyone's gonna quit both games for phantasy star universe anyway

  11. #151
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    872
    BG Level
    5

    Everytime I think about PSO/PSU/ST, I'm reminded of the double save patch in PSO GC, which makes me want to steer away from their online games forever. People say SE is bad...

    As for the original topic of discussion, there's not much to say that hasn't already been said. Either you enjoy the game and what it has to offer, or you don't. Either you keep on playing, or you don't.

    It's all a matter of opinion. No game is "better" than the other; it just depends on the person.

  12. #152

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,996
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuai
    Quote Originally Posted by kemigumi
    everyone's gonna quit both games for phantasy star universe anyway
    PSU is looking like ass

    http://synbios.net/games/PSU/videos/beta/

    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

  13. #153
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    106
    BG Level
    3

    Re: Isnt it depressing to camp the same 3NMS for the past 3y

    Quote Originally Posted by Twentytwo
    I haven't been in the FFXI scene for a while, but I do come to these boards every once in a while and see whats new but just about every 10 posts its a nidhogg this, behemoth that or fafnir this thread. FFXI has been out for what about 3yrs going on 4 for NA? Isnt it extremely depressing to have to sit in the same 3 spots everyday for more or less 3hours and camp these things? I mean shouldnt have progression in the game by now have made the drops from these guys obsolete? So really I'm just wondering why do you guys still do it and not move on to...another game or something aside from getting your 9th job to level 75. Espeically the more hardcore 9-5++ players...why?
    It would seem playing 12 hours a day to maintain high warlord ranking in WoW seems like a big fucking waste of time. Unless you consider a 60 hour week normal for a piece of armor.

  14. #154
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    701
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Isnt it depressing to camp the same 3NMS for the past 3y

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendaryCravy
    Quote Originally Posted by Twentytwo
    I haven't been in the FFXI scene for a while, but I do come to these boards every once in a while and see whats new but just about every 10 posts its a nidhogg this, behemoth that or fafnir this thread. FFXI has been out for what about 3yrs going on 4 for NA? Isnt it extremely depressing to have to sit in the same 3 spots everyday for more or less 3hours and camp these things? I mean shouldnt have progression in the game by now have made the drops from these guys obsolete? So really I'm just wondering why do you guys still do it and not move on to...another game or something aside from getting your 9th job to level 75. Espeically the more hardcore 9-5++ players...why?
    It would seem playing 12 hours a day to maintain high warlord ranking in WoW seems like a big fucking waste of time. Unless you consider a 60 hour week normal for a piece of armor.
    Cravy is as usual an idiot. Noone tries to 'maintain' HWL, lol. You get it (well you and all the ppl who play you), buy all the weapons and let your rank slowly deteriorate.

  15. #155
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuai
    Quote Originally Posted by kemigumi
    everyone's gonna quit both games for phantasy star universe anyway
    PSU is looking like ass

    http://synbios.net/games/PSU/videos/beta/

    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    It looks like it's just a bunch of instances :/ But the battle system seems kinda fun, it's really free it seems.

  16. #156
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    818
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuai
    Quote Originally Posted by kemigumi
    everyone's gonna quit both games for phantasy star universe anyway
    PSU is looking like ass

    http://synbios.net/games/PSU/videos/beta/

    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    ur face looks like ass rofl

  17. #157
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,612
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    PSU better be a bunch of instances. I'm glad they didn't butcher the old style of PSO.

  18. #158
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxerz
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    If camping three kings is all you do in FFXI, then yes it would be rather depressing. How fortunate that there are other things to do in the game. You can get rank 10 in all three nations, you can fight Maat on 15 jobs to get a Maat's Cap, you can chose an Adventuring Fellow and level him/her to 65, you can complete hundreds of unique quests that tie into the storylines of the nations and the people that dwell in them.

    There is more to do in a game that to just kill X monster for Y armor. Sometimes people forget that they need to stop and smell the roses every once in a while.

    I may not enjoy every aspect of FFXI, but I find ways to amuse myself.
    what will getting rank10 in 3 nations get you? mogenhancement cancel each other out
    maat's cap? that's a joke, it has the best stats overall, for 435684590380348503495834905890345 hours of leveling.
    level npc to 65? what will your level 65 npc do? maybe it will tank that HNM!

    FFXI quest's consumes time and allows you not to think of our boring lives. taking a break from FF and trying a new MMORPG(which i won't encourage, quit all MMOs for your good) you will realize there's way better things out there.
    Completing all rank 10 missions will give you three great storylines. Maats cap will give you a goal to shoot for and an item that only 0.001% of the populace will ever get. NPCs have a great storyline and give you an instant partner to help you out when you want farm coffer keys, testimonies, etc.

    But my point is that although these activities will not get you a Ridill or Adaman Hauberk or shiny necklace of +1 pwnage, they can still be fun.

    All games, online or not, are time sinks. Television shows are a time sink. Music is a time sink. Opera is a time sink. Going on to a FFXI linkshell message board to complaining about MMOs being a time sink is a time sink. You say there are better things than MMOs to do out there; one would imagine that these things would also be better than posting about it on a message board.

  19. #159
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxerz
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    If camping three kings is all you do in FFXI, then yes it would be rather depressing. How fortunate that there are other things to do in the game. You can get rank 10 in all three nations, you can fight Maat on 15 jobs to get a Maat's Cap, you can chose an Adventuring Fellow and level him/her to 65, you can complete hundreds of unique quests that tie into the storylines of the nations and the people that dwell in them.

    There is more to do in a game that to just kill X monster for Y armor. Sometimes people forget that they need to stop and smell the roses every once in a while.

    I may not enjoy every aspect of FFXI, but I find ways to amuse myself.
    what will getting rank10 in 3 nations get you? mogenhancement cancel each other out
    maat's cap? that's a joke, it has the best stats overall, for 435684590380348503495834905890345 hours of leveling.
    level npc to 65? what will your level 65 npc do? maybe it will tank that HNM!

    FFXI quest's consumes time and allows you not to think of our boring lives. taking a break from FF and trying a new MMORPG(which i won't encourage, quit all MMOs for your good) you will realize there's way better things out there.
    Completing all rank 10 missions will give you three great storylines. Maats cap will give you a goal to shoot for and an item that only 0.001% of the populace will ever get. NPCs have a great storyline and give you an instant partner to help you out when you want farm coffer keys, testimonies, etc.

    But my point is that although these activities will not get you a Ridill or Adaman Hauberk or shiny necklace of +1 pwnage, they can still be fun.

    All games, online or not, are time sinks. Television shows are a time sink. Music is a time sink. Opera is a time sink. Going on to a FFXI linkshell message board to complaining about MMOs being a time sink is a time sink. You say there are better things than MMOs to do out there; one would imagine that these things would also be better than posting about it on a message board.
    Seph you are being too civil with him. What a goddamned moron, can't see depth two inches in front of him. It's obvious you don't play FFXI(then again Flux plays FFXI), but you probably are missing a portion of WoW being a moronic player who doesn't bother reading why they are doing anything in the game.

  20. #160
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    799
    BG Level
    5

    The meaning of life is merely to kill the time between birth and death with meaningless tasks.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. anyone able to put up a download for the update files
    By gairaiden in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 2010-06-21, 18:34
  2. Isnt it meant to be 1000 dmg?
    By Doyler in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2009-04-09, 11:16
  3. I'm tired of seeing the same threads for 5 days
    By Enitsu in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2005-09-26, 09:00