Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Corsair's "captain.jpg"     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Corsair's "captain.jpg"

I'm looking for the full-sized and rather large "captain.jpg" Corsair picture that was around for awhile. All of the old links to it are now broken.

Most people use this smaller "minicaptain.jpg" (shown below) for their signatures, but it just won't do for wallpapers and the like.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...inicaptain.jpg

I'm wondering if anyone might have saved the larger version saved to their computer and would be willing to upload it for me or provide me with a link. ^^;

Thank you!

New Merits
    BG Level

it still uses the older bugged up skin maps with the strange colored skin..

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

That rocks lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I wasn't aware "most people" used it for their signature, because I made it.

But I'll upload the larger version (I added the "Corsair" in a sort of imitation Captain Morgan's font on the smaller version, after the pic was scaled down, so it was never on the large version):

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...ro/captain.jpg

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

And, as a poorly disguised bump,

Quote Originally Posted by jiang
    it still uses the older bugged up skin maps with the strange colored skin..
    What's wrong with the skin color? I just used Folye's model viewer just after the expansion came out with some of the improvised list files people posted (before the AF models for all the races were discovered) and that's what it gave me. The skin looks a little darker than, say, Arieus0's sig, but it doesn't appear bugged up I don't think.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Ah, thanks Khamsin!

Yes, that's what I was looking for!

Yeah, your creation is pretty, well... "borrowed" at this point. Lots of people use it for their signatures/avatars or to denote ToAU.

Where did you get the barrel/straw from if you don't mind me asking?

I don't think those are standard FFXI items.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Everything in the pic comes from FFXI, actually.

The corsair is pieced together from various poses in Folye's model viewer, the sword is from the model viewer as well. The barrel and straw come from pics found on Alla for Beverage Barrel and Chocobo Bedding. I used perspective distortion in Photoshop to "shape" the chocobo bedding texture into a mound around the barrel.

Then I added shadows in a few spots and distorted it to follow contours, and recolored the gold hilt to stand out a little better. Nonetheless, it's all FFXI material.

EDIT: Except the font, of course, which is imitated by cutting and pasting letters out of the Captain Morgan logo and kind faking the "s" in there.