Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lebros Supplies     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

Lebros Supplies

Maybe a noob question, but are the crawlers charmable? If so, that might make this Assault pretty easy.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I wouldn't waste the tag on that mission :/ But if it is anything like all the other charmable class monsters in the other assaults then no.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The Crawlers are considered NMs and check impossible to gauge, so no.

Have a PLD/THF with a bunch of powder boots simply train them. They path back to their original positions exceptionally slowly.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    The Crawlers are considered NMs and check impossible to gauge, so no.

Have a PLD/THF with a bunch of powder boots simply train them. They path back to their original positions exceptionally slowly.
    Crawlers being considered NM have nothing to do if they are charmable or not. There is already precedence for impossible to gauge monsters that are charmable. The only real way to find out is to actually charm or use gauge.

edit: see a bunch of bcnm's. So far no assault mobs have been charmable that I have found.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Sleepga --> logout

Train the central one next to a guard after you completed that delivery, sleepga and logout. You can get ride of 7-8 of them for the rest of the BC since they take like 15min to path back to the central area.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Someone posted the kiting path, which is what we used when we did it. The same thread has a list of the food values, and suggests a strategy for communicating which gaurd was fed what.

We did it with 4 ninjas (one was level 54), 1 bard (cycling powder boots), and a red mage with Crimson legs. We started 2 minutes before in-game night began.

We fed the gaurds in the southeast to full, then one ninja kited all the crawlers and 2 houred in the SE corner. The red mage then tractored and raised him. Think we finished with 5 minutes to spare. Once what was needed was known it was a straightforward but annoying assault.

It's worth noting that the ninja that does the kiting would benefit hugely by having a hermes quencher and theif subjob. You have to turn around and run back through your train twice during the kiting path. With flee active you don't get hit, without it, you're relying somewhat on luck not to get owned. IMO the hardest sac-pull/train-thing in the game so far (worse than Dynamis-beucidine mega-boss sac pull) due to having to run back through your train.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I was 75nin/thf for this. First 2 crawlers I ran by with flee active used fire breath on me, and 1-shotted me before I could get out of range. I also think it's worth noting that attack delay works different for mobs... PC's delay will constanstly count down, try to attack, and re-count down, only attacking when it's time to attack. NPC, on the other hand, drops to 0, and just sits there. You can use fleetool to hyperspeed past mobs, and they'll always hit you. The only reason flee helps in this is that you can make a large circle around the room fast enough to get back past the crawlers before getting owned in the face. Also, those crawlers hit like mack trucks, so make sure to have all your dmg reduction gear on.

COREN HAX!!1!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

TP moves have no delay. Incinerate (spelling?) is a TP move.

The ToAU crawlers have TP regen (enough to make grand wyrms jealous) during fire weather, so aggroing them during that time will get you powned.

Not that it's relevant to this discussion but the blue mage type mobs suck to pull because they can open up with relatively devistating TP moves (Radiant breath) as soon as you pull.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Well, mob abilities have charge-up tmes, of course, some are just really short. I'm actually talking about attack delay, and when a mob's delay reaches 0, it just stays there until you get within range, then owns you in the face and delay counts down again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag