Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Dual COR parties, bad idea?

I proposed this to another COR around level 50 just to see what would happen, and he reluctantly agreed. We split up roll duties so everyone would always have 4 rolls on them:

- evoker's for mages
    - rogue + hunter's + chaos for everyone

Party makeup was WHM, NIN, COR x 2, SAM, WAR

The extra COR freed up both of us up to spam bullets alot more. WHM hasted us both. We were ripping through Helm beetles in QSC.

This set up was probably situational at best only being level 50, but do you think dual CORs 70+ be a bad idea?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

similiar to cor+brd parties, without some of the versatility that it offers(no dispel). it has it's uses but in the end, a cor+brd party would still win out I think.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

not bad on flying mobs @ 75 prolly, but even still, the only good camp you can do that without getting murdered(hi2u abraxas) is amnesiaville , which locks you out of rolling for quite a good bit.

I see double cor as good as double bard parties really.

Re: Dual COR parties, bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    I proposed this to another COR around level 50 just to see what would happen, and he reluctantly agreed. We split up roll duties so everyone would always have 4 rolls on them:

- evoker's for mages
    - rogue + hunter's + chaos for everyone

Party makeup was WHM, NIN, COR x 2, SAM, WAR

The extra COR freed up both of us up to spam bullets alot more. WHM hasted us both. We were ripping through Helm beetles in QSC.

This set up was probably situational at best only being level 50, but do you think dual CORs 70+ be a bad idea?
    1. haste doesnt work on ranged attacks, and I pity a whm who is the single mage hasting a party of 5 with only evokers for refresh.

2. i hope you were giving healers roll as well as evokers, because it is disgustingly good, averaging better than evokers while resting.

3. chaos roll sucks. even with a dark in the party, but particularly without one.

other than that, dual cor is fine for the most part, particularly if the rest of the party is a strong setup. cor and bard is a lot better, simply because effects of the useful things we can do stack (2 sources of refresh rather than 1 for example). a good cor's damage output is somewhat respectable, especially when you just hit 50 and move up to iron bullets, and at 55-56 when you get slug shot ofcourse.

dual cor is not as good as dual bard. dual bard is not as good as cor+brd. the reason dual bard is just so powerful, is because there are 4 melee songs that are worth giving at 75. there arent really 4 rolls that merit giving the position to a second cor as a preference to a cor and a bard, for example. fighters and rogues are sick, hunters is good but superfluous, and other than that, really only corsairs roll has any merit in merit pts (no pun intended). sam roll is interesting but not effective enough, dark roll sucks arse, and none of the other rolls are offensive.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

4. gg on no dispeller on beetles.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    Beat me to it.

Yeah, easy enough for one of the COR's to run back and throw a healer's on the WHM. At that point the WHM didn't have any MP problems, especially with a good NIN.

I think Chaos roll is nice.

I <3 COR + BRD, was just trying to dispel the notion that 2 CORs is a bad idea since I've proposed this to other CORs my level and they said it wouldn't work.

ninja edit: As I said, the no dispel was a non factor with the additional rolls, we were blowing through these beetles.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Beetles' only self-buff is a worthlessly shitty EVA up that they pretty much never use in favor of Power/Rhino Attack.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    Beetles' only self-buff is a worthlessly shitty EVA up that they pretty much never use in favor of Power/Rhino Attack.
    Ah yes because everyone has merits and top of the line acc. gear at that level. Then again I never did pick up PTs leveling up other jobs sooooooo....

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    2. i hope you were giving healers roll as well as evokers, because it is disgustingly good, averaging better than evokers while resting.
    I think when I tested it in an XP party it was hMP +5, so I told the COR to stop doing it. It might be good at really low level but it's worthless by the time you get dark staff etc.

3. chaos roll sucks. even with a dark in the party, but particularly without one.
    Yeah, like healer's roll, it's okay when you first get it but worthless even at mid levels. SAM or WAR or even MNK roll will do so much more for you.

MNK roll? Forgive me for the noobishness...what exactly does subtle blow do again? From what I can recall it just reduces the amount of TP you give a mob while hitting it. Is that correct?

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Monk, Samurai and Chaos Rolls suck. I was in a Merit PT and that was all our COR would play for us. We finally booted him because we continuley asked for Rogue's and Fighters. Nobody cares about subtle blow, nobody cares about the weak ATK+ from Chaos and the Store TP from Samurai Roll is worthless in xp parties.

Give me Double Attack+ and Critical Hits+ or go away. (Acc+ is ok for lower levels too)

and yes, Subtle Blow only reduces the TP you give the mob when you hit it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

with a whm in the party healers roll i believe can hit up to +12 hmp

see:http://killingifrit.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=122949

thats not something to scoff at... dark staff + cookies + errant + healers roll gives like +32 hmp .. not to mention the other minor gear some people have as well (relaxing earring, baron slops, magnetic earring etc)

as for dual cors... its disgustingly good low levels- especially 30-40+, i havnt tried it really past that, but i imagine it to be decent at bird camps, but as others suggested,
    cor+brd > cor+cor or brd+brd

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    I think when I tested it in an XP party it was hMP +5, so I told the COR to stop doing it. It might be good at really low level but it's worthless by the time you get dark staff etc.

Yeah, like healer's roll, it's okay when you first get it but worthless even at mid levels. SAM or WAR or even MNK roll will do so much more for you.
    So um...what would you give to a WHM as the 2nd roll, then? Magus? Wizard's? Warlock's?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Monk, Samurai and Chaos Rolls suck. I was in a Merit PT and that was all our COR would play for us. We finally booted him because we continuley asked for Rogue's and Fighters. Nobody cares about subtle blow, nobody cares about the weak ATK+ from Chaos and the Store TP from Samurai Roll is worthless in xp parties.
    Depends what your fighting though, for a deco PT it is very useful. But it's generally the mages that get the most out of subtle blow not the melee.

Hehe, MNK roll came in quite handy on flies in CN. Anything to reduce their spammage of Cursed Sphere.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

k, Monk's Roll could be useful at lower levels but in all the Lv75 Merit pts I have had the mobs die so fast they barely use TP. I never have problems keeping Utsu up in Sky roams or any new ToAU areas.

Our COR just sucked at keeping buffs on and DDin and tbh the 3 he used seemed to do nothing at all in helping us.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Heian
    Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    Ah yes because everyone has merits and top of the line acc. gear at that level. Then again I never did pick up PTs leveling up other jobs sooooooo....
    Uh, what? It's barely noticable even to my fucking shittily geared 52 BLU. I've never touched sword merits in my life and I eat meat chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    It gives between +3 and +13hMP. It is not hard to maintain atleast +7, and often between 8 and 13. Wizard cookies, which give +7, are one of the most popular white mage and summoner foods for the majority of the game. You do the math.

Evokers roll averages (without a summoner) 2mp/tick, which adds to 10mp/resting tick after the first. Ofcourse, WHM roll isnt nearly that good, but while resting it is almost as good, and the two stacked are far greater than refresh or ballad over the course of a party.

Slightly off my own topic...can anyone break down each number for Wild Card?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast