was brill from start to finish. 23rd may 2007 as far as i know till next one
and i had 4 people dressed as jack sparrow/pirates who gave a good show even before the film started![]()
was brill from start to finish. 23rd may 2007 as far as i know till next one
and i had 4 people dressed as jack sparrow/pirates who gave a good show even before the film started![]()
Chow Yun Fat is gonna be in 3.
qft ...you're the only person I've ever, ever heard of that disliked COTBP.Originally Posted by Xsaintx-Siren
well my friend dragged me to it last night. pretty good i guess, nothing spectacular, last 30 secs was cool. i think ill like the 3rd best if its like an undead vs. davy jones men battle.Originally Posted by Lbelle
Well I just saw it <3 and yes the last 30 secs was interesting...now I cant wait for the 3rd one ; ;. Anyone know an exact date for the 3rd yet?
half fish people freak me out
Movie was good. Would have been great if it was only like 2 hours. Jesus christ it was long.
I was really happy that the guy who played Davy Jones is the guy who played Victor in Underworld cause I think that guy is an awesome actor.
Ending was really damn cool in my opinion even though I so guessed who it was...
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Johnny Depp's boozy, woozy buccaneer Jack Sparrow has plundered the box office, with "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" taking in a record $132 million in its first three days, according to studio estimates Sunday.
Disney's swashbuckling sequel sailed past the previous all-time best debut, 2002's "Spider-Man," which took in $114.8 million in its first weekend.
"Dead Man's Chest" also did nearly three times the business of its predecessor, "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl," which took in $46.6 million over opening weekend in 2003.
The sequel surpassed that total in its first day alone, taking in $55.5 million Friday to beat the previous single-day record of $50 million, set last year by "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith." With $44.7 million on Saturday, "Dead Man's Chest" also became the first movie to top $100 million in just two days.
Despite sky-high projections for the "Pirates" sequel from industry analysts, producer Jerry Bruckheimer said he had expected "Dead Man's Chest" to open closer to the $77 million debut weekend of last spring's "The Da Vinci Code."
"When people in the industry predicted these high numbers, I thought they were just trying to be mean. So no matter how good we did, if we did $100 million, we'd be failures," Bruckheimer told The Associated Press on Sunday. "I didn't think we'd get near these numbers."
The movie sent Hollywood's overall business soaring. The top 12 films grossed $206.5 million, up 48 percent from the same weekend last year, when "Fantastic Four" opened with $56.1 million.
"Dead Man's Chest" raked in nearly double the total of the rest of the top 12 combined. The previous weekend's top film, "Superman Returns," fell to No. 2 with $21.85 million, down 58 percent from opening weekend.
"Superman Returns" has grossed $141.7 million in 12 days and should fly past the $200 million mark, said Dan Fellman, head of distribution for Warner Bros., which released the film.
The sci-fi tale of drug addiction "A Scanner Darkly" debuted strongly in limited release with $406,000 in 17 theaters. Shot in live action then painted over with digital animation, the movie stars Keanu Reeves, Winona Ryder and Robert Downey Jr. in a hallucinatory tale adapted from Philip K. Dick's novel.
In a single weekend, "Dead Man's Chest" reeled in 43 percent of the $305 million total domestic gross the original "Pirates" rang up in its entire six-month theatrical run.
The movie's audience was equally divided between males and females, and it drew strongly from all age groups, according to Disney.
"It is straight across the board," said Chuck Viane, head of distribution for Disney, which based the movies on its "Pirates of the Caribbean" theme park ride. "Everybody's coming. Whoever it is, they're there."
Even factoring in higher admission prices since 2002, "Dead Man's Chest" still set a record of just under 20 million tickets sold, about 200,000 more than "Spider-Man."
"Maybe the only movie that has a chance to beat this record might be the next `Pirates' movie," said Paul Dergarabedian, president of box office tracker Exhibitor Relations.
Audiences won't have to wait long. Disney shot much of the third installment at the same time as "Dead Man's Chest," which ends in a cliffhanger leading into part three, due in theaters over Memorial Day weekend next year.
Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Exhibitor Relations Co. Inc. Final figures will be released Monday.
1. "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," $132 million.
2. "Superman Returns," $21.85 million.
3. "The Devil Wears Prada," $15.6 million.
4. "Click," $12 million.
5. "Cars," $10.3 million.
6. "Nacho Libre," $3.3 million.
7. "The Lake House," $2.8 million.
8. "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift," $2.5 million.
9. "Waist Deep," $1.9 million.
10. "The Break-Up," $1.6 million
holy shite
I honestly didn't see that coming. I knew it'd be big...but best ever? damn.
I can see it making that much money...when I went to see the movie,there was a lot of people there,mainly faimlys, and the one I came to see,was sold out,so I had to wait an hr for the next -_- but it was worth it
The theater i went to sold out about 4 hours before the late show...when i got there (at the late show), i had to wait in a line of about 100 people waiting to get in the theater door about an hour before the start time.
Every showing Friday was sold out when I got to the theatre, I bought a ticket for Saturday, arrived, and saw every showing for Saturday was sold out too, and half the Sunday shows as well. Doesn't surprise me in the least.
Awesome movie, but...
SSSPPPPPOOOIIIIIILLLLLEERRRRSSSSSS
How the hell is Barbosa still alive? Wasn't he shot when he was mortalized at the end of the first movie? Bringing him back was like Nina Myers being the second buyer in Season 3 of 24. =\ O fucking rz.
The rest of the movie was orgasmic though. If I was a girl, I'd be wetting myself thinking about Depp.
that's why it's so zOMG
Spoilers, don't read if you haven't seen yet.
He was shot, but he could have survived. Tia Dalma, the vudoo lady, might have had something to do with him coming back. She mentions that he knows the waters at the end of the earth and beyond so maybe his coming back is similar to what jack's will be.Originally Posted by Epical
It doesn't matter though, Barbossa is badass as it is, and now it looks like he'll be hanging with the good guys, which will probably make him more badass.
Techincally(I know he's not..prob lol) Jack's dead and their going to bring him back with barbossa it looks like?
It's extremely unlikely. The physical and social makeup of captain jack sparrow is why the majority of the people go to see the movie. people don't go watch it to see Kiera whatsherlastname (quite frankly i think her acting sucks).Originally Posted by Insanelol
The only way to bring back Jack Sparrow is to bring back the real Jack Sparrow, the one that runs like a duck.
lol
Just got back from seeing it, decided to wait a few days so I could see it with friends. 8 PM showing on Sunday, and every single show up to and including that at the theatre had been sold out.
Hmm well I cant wait to see how it'll be with Barbossa now once the 3rd comes outOriginally Posted by Daahan
![]()
She wasn't hot this movie. =\ Her chin/bottom lip were all big.Originally Posted by Daahan