Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 139
  1. #61
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,726
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    This is one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard. Congratulations, you have pratically given the Candalescene to the beastmen.

  2. #62
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    507
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

    I've taken a low-level char to Besieged a couple times, but that was only because I logged in and immediately left my mog house only to find I was stuck in the damn zone.

    I don't see a problem with low-level players in the zone anyway, for the reasons people have mentioned above. The AFKers are just taking up space, however. A simple prompt when Besieged starts along the lines of "Face the enemy?" [Yes! / Run Away!] that defaults to the latter after 60 seconds, and dumps you in Whitegate, would easily solve that.

  3. #63
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Sixtail
    Besieged needs EXP loss and greater gains. The exp loss will make the under level 65 players run for the hills and punish anon/afk people for leeching/lagging while rewarding those who actively fight and force people to do more then stand around and spam Cure 1 on people for easy IP. Before you burn me at the stake, the exp loss would be much more heavy for those under level 65. Say..3-8k lost even WITH R2-R3. The above level 65 players would lose normal exp and those who are 70+ would have a chance to earn more exp and IP.

    I'm serious, as long as they make it easy AND rewarding for people on low level jobs to show up and leech, people will keep doing so. You can make Besieged so hard that every 3rd mob is a KB and mobs are mini AV's but as there's no risk for those who can't do anything useful (No, spamming Cure 1-2 does not count) other then no or less IP, it will always remain laggy.

    To those low levels who are nashing their teeth and even now pounding out on their keyboards "Omg u hi level eliest, stfu." remember, this is SE and you have nothing to worry about. If this was a SOE game, however...muahahaha.
    Yeah. See you again Astral Candescence. I die 5 or more times in some besieged fights when I am on Warrior, like hell I would lose XP over that. Especially when there is a fairly large chance that you will get kicked out before Besieged ends and wind up with nothing for all of your work.

    Please stop suggesting things, Square may listen to you.

  4. #64
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    541
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by ircgeek
    Until Besieged attendance blows through the roof again, you can leave the underlevelled people alone. They're the ones keeping your generals alive and your Sanction bonus kicked in while the high levels trot off to their daily dose of windows for HNMs most of them will never claim.
    Yeah that Cure 1/Cure 2 spammed by two or three along with the other 80% spamming Protect 1 on random people and lots of Dia 1 is SUCH A HELP. And attendance is already high. It's been high. It's full of afk and low level people while the level 70+ people in abj gear, relics and whatnot get locked out.

    This is BG. I'm not worried about SE listening.

  5. #65
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by almost everyone
    whine whine /cry /cry it will be too hard now!
    i'm 75 and i don't care what lvl you are as long as you are participating in some way, which is how SE intended it to be. they need a way to kick afk people out of zone, i like the pop-up window idea

    Usually ends up being that lvl 40 whm healing me after i get hit to red hp, anyway

    Noone even knows how they will implement the NMs and it says it will take more then alot of people to kill it, most likely have to kill somthing in beastman stronghold to weaken it, which will probably give you more rewards since you need to be high level to kill shit there

    Most of you guys remind me of all those asshole who said the world was flat and it wasn't round, and didn't care to explore it because you were to scared you would fall off the end of the world

  6. #66
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    441
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Quote Originally Posted by Sixtail
    Quote Originally Posted by ircgeek
    Until Besieged attendance blows through the roof again, you can leave the underlevelled people alone. They're the ones keeping your generals alive and your Sanction bonus kicked in while the high levels trot off to their daily dose of windows for HNMs most of them will never claim.
    Yeah that Cure 1/Cure 2 spammed by two or three along with the other 80% spamming Protect 1 on random people and lots of Dia 1 is SUCH A HELP. And attendance is already high. It's been high. It's full of afk and low level people while the level 70+ people in abj gear, relics and whatnot get locked out.

    This is BG. I'm not worried about SE listening.
    Apparently you missed the fact that half the servers have lost Besieged due to low attendance, and that some have lost the AC multiple times. Perhaps you even missed my post back a page where I said we had 200-250 people during a Fafnir window. You know who was there? Those people spam curing the Generals for that exp. they leech. I suppose you'd like it if they were there when you were off twiddling your thumbs in DA for three hours, but any other time, they can get the hell out, right?

    If you're on some magical server where Besieged is at 700 people during NA prime time, hey, kudos to you - but there's dozens more servers out there, and the situation is not even close to that on all of them. Hell, when you lose your AC for the first time due to low attendance, I bet you'll still blame it on the low levels who were there week after week.

    GamePro Protip: If you can't get into Besieged because it's full... come earlier.

  7. #67
    King Bitcher of Bitchington
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,509
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Has anyone on any servers made the beastmen retreat when they are heading for Al Zahbi? In the forests n' junk

    They should try stressing that aspect a little bit more so that it's not Undead Swarm for 15min. followed by Mamool Ja for another 15min. followed by the Trolls for another 15min.

    or mabye you can get a besieged icon stamp and people can head outside to kill upcoming beastmen... that'd be more strategic ?! something along those lines

  8. #68
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,210
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Koul
    Has anyone on any servers made the beastmen retreat when they are heading for Al Zahbi? In the forests n' junk

    They should try stressing that aspect a little bit more so that it's not Undead Swarm for 15min. followed by Mamool Ja for another 15min. followed by the Trolls for another 15min.

    or mabye you can get a besieged icon stamp and people can head outside to kill upcoming beastmen... that'd be more strategic ?! something along those lines
    Pandemonium has, in fact, we missed out on the very first Besieged because of people doing that. No one has done it since, because they'd get another asshole torn by the rest of the players.

  9. #69
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    441
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Koul
    Has anyone on any servers made the beastmen retreat when they are heading for Al Zahbi? In the forests n' junk

    They should try stressing that aspect a little bit more so that it's not Undead Swarm for 15min. followed by Mamool Ja for another 15min. followed by the Trolls for another 15min.

    or mabye you can get a besieged icon stamp and people can head outside to kill upcoming beastmen... that'd be more strategic ?! something along those lines
    Pandemonium has, in fact, we missed out on the very first Besieged because of people doing that. No one has done it since, because they'd get another asshole torn by the rest of the players.
    IS it even the same anymore, though? I mean, back then... Besieged was over in like 5 minutes. Nowadays, the mobs are much stronger, and stronger in number (I think). I'd suspect the mobs outside to be the same.

  10. #70
    King Bitcher of Bitchington
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,509
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    I think that'd be a really good way to relieve the lag is by having kids fend off beastmen from the inside of al zahbi and then other kids killin off bastards outside the town... like instead of getting 3 war wyverns you'd get nine if you don't have people go outside and kill a few off... make em not so impossible outside but also make it so that regardless of how many you kill a couple will still pop in the town so people don't abuse it or whatever

  11. #71
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    128
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Koul
    I think that'd be a really good way to relieve the lag is by having kids fend off beastmen from the inside of al zahbi and then other kids killin off bastards outside the town... like instead of getting 3 war wyverns you'd get nine if you don't have people go outside and kill a few off... make em not so impossible outside but also make it so that regardless of how many you kill a couple will still pop in the town so people don't abuse it or whatever
    Do you lose exp when you are out there killing stuff and getting killed, and do you gain any exp from killing them? If not then I doubt anyone would want to do that.

    I'd only do that if they made it so you don't lose exp out there, and you get exp from killing them. I'd assume you gain exp, but still lose it because of the zone it's in.

  12. #72
    preachy and pretentious
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,801
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I got trapped in besieged yesterday as well, with armor storage dude in jeuno there was no way I could get back before the start. I took my nin/war lvl 30... spammed ninjutsu and did 0 damage and 0 enfeebles the whole time... I walked away with huge skillups and 700 exp. That sounds pretty fucking broken to me. Then again there were only like 300 people in zone. We average b/w 300 to 450 on my server. I like besieged on my server.

  13. #73
    King Bitcher of Bitchington
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,509
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Quote Originally Posted by Setats
    Quote Originally Posted by Koul
    I think that'd be a really good way to relieve the lag is by having kids fend off beastmen from the inside of al zahbi and then other kids killin off bastards outside the town... like instead of getting 3 war wyverns you'd get nine if you don't have people go outside and kill a few off... make em not so impossible outside but also make it so that regardless of how many you kill a couple will still pop in the town so people don't abuse it or whatever
    Do you lose exp when you are out there killing stuff and getting killed, and do you gain any exp from killing them? If not then I doubt anyone would want to do that.

    I'd only do that if they made it so you don't lose exp out there, and you get exp from killing them. I'd assume you gain exp, but still lose it because of the zone it's in.
    Ugh... use common sense... of course you wouldn't lose xp and you'd get xp from doing it... what would be the purpose of doing that shit if you didn't get the benefits from doing besieged...

    You'd have a besieged stamp so it'd be JUST like besieged only it'd be outside the town... and make it so you don't get aggro from mobs in the zone and then since people would probably bitch about "I'm all the way at the end of the zone... I don't wanna WALK back...blahblah" after it's over you are transported to Al Zahbi

    Lag issue - Possibly fixed/Helped
    Strategy - Check

    what else are we missing/having kids bitch about?

  14. #74
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Honestly, as long as low-level people are pulling their weight by curing people and NPCs who need to be cured, they can be there all they want. Hell, I am thinking about getting my second character (42 WHM) access just so he can be my cure/haste battery. The first day after I got my... um... secret new body piece I would have hit the Floor of Victory at least 4 times to the undead swarm if I had not had a bevy of characters propping up my HP with nearly constant curing, the great thing about curing is that a Cure 3 from a level 40 is almost the same as a Cure 3 from a level 75 WHM. (Minus the light staff of course.)

    But this is all predicated on the low levels actually curing people who need to be cured. Keep an eye on Zazarg (I guess those other generals as well) and make sure he is at full HP all the time. Tab around to the people near Zazarg (I guess those other generals as well) and make sure they are not near death too. Often times one person will bear the brunt of the enemy's attention; keep that person alive because he/she is probably doing a lot of damage. People cannot really complain about you being a leech if you keep them alive.

    (The best reason to kick AFK people out of the zone is to give an accurate reflection of how many people are actively fighting so that people can see if their XP bonus is in serious trouble or not.)

  15. #75
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    953
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    According to some of my friends, you do lose XP from dying outside to the advancing mobs. I don't know whether you gain XP from killing them, but I think killing them as they approach affects the number of mobs that load inside.

    (This info isn't from firsthand experience, so it may be wrong.)

  16. #76
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by genome
    A level 40 meleeing is not really leeching, because trust me he won't get any points by just missing. However, a level 40 or less curing, provoking etc can get full 700 points and be very valuable. Generals and players need cures all the times, and voking monsters away from generals rather than leaving them unclaimed or turned toward a general for a one-shot move (radiant breath etc) is very important.
    Higher levels can get points by doing damage, lower levels can't, they have to use provoke, JAs that benefit the whole PT (e.g., low level COR rolls), and spam cures.
    I get more points afking on my corsair whiffing at a mob than I do spamming pointless rolls.


    Quote Originally Posted by ircgeek
    Anyways, almost a loss for diabolos, but we ended up winning, but I wanted to say that low levels are actually doing more for Besieged than high levels. I love the constant whining about low levels leeching because I'm seeing way too many 300-400ish runs. Only time I see 700 now is during JP primetime, and generally only during the weekend.
    Your MP is a finite resource, as is Zazarg's HP.
    However, if you have a bunch of low lv faggots merely spamming cures and no lv75's actually KILLING mobs, the mob's damage will become an infinite source, and thus you will eventually lose.

  17. #77
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    441
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Your MP is a finite resource, as is Zazarg's HP.
    However, if you have a bunch of low lv faggots merely spamming cures and no lv75's actually KILLING mobs, the mob's damage will become an infinite source, and thus you will eventually lose.
    There has never been a situation where Al Zahbi was full of 700 low levels spamming cures on the NPCs. Always been a perfect mix of both, and my point is that, especially when numbers are low, you need all the help you can get, and a Cure is a Cure.

    Therefore, your point is crass, and moot.

  18. #78
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by ircgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Your MP is a finite resource, as is Zazarg's HP.
    However, if you have a bunch of low lv faggots merely spamming cures and no lv75's actually KILLING mobs, the mob's damage will become an infinite source, and thus you will eventually lose.
    There has never been a situation where Al Zahbi was full of 700 low levels spamming cures on the NPCs. Always been a perfect mix of both, and my point is that, especially when numbers are low, you need all the help you can get, and a Cure is a Cure.

    Therefore, your point is crass, and moot.
    Sorry, but 200 AFKers, 550 lv1-40's subbing whm casting cure2-3 and running out of MP after 5 casts and 150 lv60-75's actually attempting to dispose of the mobs wont win.

  19. #79
    The God Damn Kuno
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,360
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I dunno what magical besieged you guys go to. But on Bahamut nearly all the low levels (and some of the high levels) play the retard game. And by this I mean spam dia/bio or just cure/protect NPCs over and over again. Or spam some other shit. I hear dia/bio way way way more times then im supposed to when fighting stuff. Where are these magical low levels happy to help out cure because I certainly dont see them. They just act retarded and die to aoe.

  20. #80
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    I'm one of those retards you speak of...


    COR15/BST7, autofollow some mob without AOE, spam charm and cast rolls whenever possible.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 282
    Last Post: 2010-10-18, 16:12
  2. Absolute Virtue and Me: Back to the Beginning of 2006
    By Avanarius in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 153
    Last Post: 2008-05-27, 23:27
  3. Whitegate to Nashmau in 10 seconds.
    By vagus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2007-11-05, 15:51
  4. Beseiged Improvements 10/11/06
    By Dyogi in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 2006-10-13, 01:42
  5. Job Adjustments: Summoner (03/10/2006)
    By spooky in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 426
    Last Post: 2006-10-09, 10:04
  6. Additions and Adjustments to Chocobo Raising (25/09/2006)
    By spooky in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 2006-09-27, 10:43
  7. Adjustments to Assault(06/28/2006)
    By Vobent in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 2006-06-29, 20:03
  8. Appraisers (04/10/2006)
    By Judah in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 2006-04-10, 18:24
  9. Adjustments to Experience Acquisition (07/07/05)
    By berticus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 2005-07-07, 13:39