+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poxnora Online Strategy.     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

Poxnora Online Strategy.

Open beta for a new game called Poxnora has started just recently. If the collectible trading card, tactical miniature, and fantasy role-playing brew interests you then you should try this game out! I have been playing it here and there... It's really interesting and hard (Probably because I suck at it)... In fact I played 2 games that took 2 hours to finish... The object of the game is to destroy the other players base (The pointy thingy [Can't remember what its called]) before he destroys yours... Currently since its beta your start with $50.00 of credits which you use to buy rune packs which contain your champions, spells, relics, and equipment for play! You can find some screenshots here:
    http://apple.qj.net/PoxNora-Info-and...g/49/aid/58656

The website is here:
    http://www.poxnora.com

If you sign up be sure to look for me... I'll either be on Ikith or DarkMistX.

Edit: Goto rune store and buy as many rune packs as you can... Then go to rune manager and build your deck... If you do not do so you will get a crappy starter deck... Also if you have 20 runes of the same faction you will get a major faction bonus! (I don't know what the bonus is)

Also, If this has been posted I'm sorry... I looked through the current threads and saw nothing about this game !

Guide to starting out:
    1. Register of course!
    2. Go into rune store and buy 5 30 packs (You start out with 50.00 credits)
    3. Go into FAQs and read the last subject on the front page... Its about faction bonuses! You will need to know this before building your deck!
    4. Go into Rune Manager and create a deck this involves going thru the Champions, Spells, Equipment, and Relic sections and picking out what cards you thing will work together.
    5. At the tip by the deck name click "Set this battle group as active" this means the runes you have picked will be the ones you use in game.
    6. Make sure you have Up to date Java then click "Play now" this will bring up a download screen and do the usual... If your using IE click RUN or firefox click save and then run it from desktop...
    7. Contact me to play me and I will help you learn... OR rough it and play with others (Contact may be made thru AIM, The PM System on these boards, or in game if you catch me before I join a game since you cannot communicate with people in game yet!
    8. Have fun and improve... Remember to distribute your champion points by clicking the plus by your Champion's name (If he has any) and distributing them accordingly!

Also if you have any problems ask here or post on the Poxnora forums

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It has great graphics for a Java/browser game, I'm checking it out right now

Banned.

BG Level

Man, more people have to get on here, this is definitely a solid game.

What they will need to change is 9.99$/pack, nobody will pay that shit and an amazing game will go to waste.

Banned.

BG Level

It keeps on crashing on me, after it does it's little "red orb" load thing. I see it for a second, then nothing.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Same here BRP, it worked for a little while, and now it doesn't ;/

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Update Java?

The game is pretty cool. The one thing I didn't notice at first is they give you $50 to buy Rune packs at the start >.>

You CAN'T use firefox otherwise you get an authentication error... Also every time you play you have to download it... Or it will do the authentication thing... Or you have to keep on the site and logged in... Win your lose your guys get champion points which can be reedemed for strength, damage, speed, and other upgrades... To do so go into rune manager and click monsters with a plus by their name and it will tell you how many points each upgrade costs and how many you have! Have fun with the new INFO!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I use Firefox and it works fine. I had a few errors at first but once I updated Java it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    I use Firefox and it works fine. I had a few errors at first but once I updated Java it worked.
    Gah... I don't know why it doesn't for me... Hey whats your user name?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Eaglestrike. ENM's atm, might go play a bit until 5pm est Dynamis once I'm done.

God... Either my remade deck is great or I'm getting lucky! Its a K'thir forest deck... It's amazing... If you wanna play me... PM me or IM me when you get on !

Banned.

BG Level

I updated Java, or I think I did anyway, and it still doesn't work.

Okay I know my problem.

When I set it to "3D OpenGL Hardware Acceleration" it only loads, then closes.

When it is set to "Software Acceleration" it works, but is so amazingly laggy.

If your on a laptop that is exactly why... I was trying to PL my runes with my laptop and it froze my laptop up... Of course this laptop has 3-5 years on it and it runs my messangers fine which is all I use it for! Anyway if its a desktop and an old video card then thats why... Try upping your directx to the newest as well and MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE HIGHEST VERSION OF JAVA... I need to stress that... but yeah... Sir eagle it was an awesome 2 games and I now officially hate that map... We will play the third one when your dont or not busy ! This is deff the best game I have played on java!

Edit... Sorry man thats all I can suggest far from trying to find your problem in FAQs or the forums !

Banned.

BG Level

My video card isn't that great, but it can run FFXI on average graphics, shouldn't that be enough?

Downloading a new version of Java seems to be a lot more complex than downloading a new version of about anything else. I'm sure I've done it, but I don't even know how to check if I've done it right.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

There was a link to the latest Java from the Poxnora site, at least that's how I got it to download. And I also saw you log in BRP lol

DarkMist and I went 1-1, more matches to continue

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

damn, I really want to play this game, but this is the error I keep on getting. I updated Java and everything

An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Title: Poxnora - Battlefield of the Immortals
    Vendor: Octopi
    Category: Unexpected Error

Unexpected exception: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

My name on the server is the same as this one, Mekhami

If any of you that have gotten it working want to play me... Contact me on here or on aim... If you see Ikith and DarkIkith... Those are both me and that means I'm PLing my runes ! So yeah just contact me on aim here or in game and I will try to catch it and reply and we will play ! For the ones who did NOT get it working post in the game forums... They should be able to help!

Guide in two places for people that don't read original post:

Guide to starting out:
    1. Register of course!
    2. Go into rune store and buy 5 30 packs (You start out with 50.00 credits)
    3. Go into FAQs and read the last subject on the front page... Its about faction bonuses! You will need to know this before building your deck!
    4. Go into Rune Manager and create a deck this involves going thru the Champions, Spells, Equipment, and Relic sections and picking out what cards you thing will work together.
    5. At the tip by the deck name click "Set this battle group as active" this means the runes you have picked will be the ones you use in game.
    6. Make sure you have Up to date Java then click "Play now" this will bring up a download screen and do the usual... If your using IE click RUN or firefox click save and then run it from desktop...
    7. Contact me to play me and I will help you learn... OR rough it and play with others (Contact may be made thru AIM, The PM System on these boards, or in game if you catch me before I join a game since you cannot communicate with people in game yet!
    8. Have fun and improve... Remember to distribute your champion points by clicking the plus by your Champion's name (If he has any) and distributing them accordingly!

Also if you have any problems ask here or post on the Poxnora forums

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag