+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fake D/C'ing     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

Fake D/C'ing

I don't know how things are on your server, but Asura has got to be one of the worst for asshats who fake D/C themselves to get out of a party. Are people seriously that lazy or scared to tell their party they want to leave that they need to plug the plug on their internet?

I'm seriously thinking of starting a registry of people on my server who are notorious for doing this and publish it so they stop getting party invites.

That actually reminds of a project a friend was working on. He was going to start a registry sort of like eBay ratings where you can rate players in a party. He scrapped it, but I still thought it was a good idea. I guess you could rate them on gear, playstyle, whether or not they were a jerk.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

GTG MY MOM IS ON FIRE!!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

That database sounds like a good idea actually, as long as it shows the rating of the one making the comment as well

My fav is "brb I think the icecream truck just hit a kid"

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

or "Sorry, GTG. sex!"

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I used to fake DC from parties all the time on thf, wait 20 minutes and warp. It was hard to get a party, but I'd rather not party than have to deal with fucking morons for 1-5+ hours.

Anyway, this might want to be moved ot the FFXI forum, and here's a link you might like.

http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10265

Banned.

BG Level

just remember who the asshats are
    i always tell my party i have to go in like 30min unless they can't speak english, then i say: (Have stuff to do, gotta go!)(Sleepga)
    @15min

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    I used to fake DC from parties all the time on thf, wait 20 minutes and warp. It was hard to get a party, but I'd rather not party than have to deal with fucking morons for 1-5+ hours.

Anyway, this might want to be moved ot the FFXI forum, and here's a link you might like.

You're an assbag then. Tell people you have to leave and give them some notice instead of fucking them over while they wait for you.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shihei
    just remember who the asshats are
    i always tell my party i have to go in like 30min unless they can't speak english, then i say: (Have stuff to do, gotta go!)(Sleepga)
    @15min
    Pretty much the best way to handle it.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle

You're an assbag then. Tell people you have to leave and give them some notice instead of fucking them over while they wait for you.
    Maybe, but in parties where I know I'm going to be losing EXP instead of gaining it, I just don't bother. Not really an issue anymore though, I don't play FFXI ;D

I'm sorry but when you say you need to go, more times than not you hear piles "What the hell, why can't you stay, find a replacement, you shouldn't have joined, stay for 30 more minutes" etc etc etc. So I see it as me doing the right thing instead of saying "Wow learn how to play a fucking game thats been out for years losers." then leaving.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

http://media2.ugoto.com/pictures/lol-a9d.jpg

If the party sucks, and you see a red dot, its just another way of saying: "This party sucks so bad I would get better EXP offline then staying in this party"

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I don't have a problem with fake dcing unless the party is actually good. If someone fake DCs it means your party sucks anyway, and you're dumb if you're still there and let someone fake dc before you imo.

I could care less what noobs who I'll never see again think about me, because if it were my choice I wouldn't ever PT with them if they were the only people left playing FFXI. It's funny when the party I DCed from asks me to join their party again like 15minutes after I log back on.

(That being said, I only fake dc in full noob pts, if there's anyone from any sort of high-level LS or I know has a 2nd 75 job and isn't a noob I'll just say I gotta go in 30min or something, makes me feel bad dc'ing on them)

We got a guy we finally kicked out of out LS that likes to Fake DC alot. he has always been a Liar and was only allowed to stay cause he showed up to alot of stuff.... but even the people that kept giving him the chances got tired of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    I don't have a problem with fake dcing unless the party is actually good. If someone fake DCs it means your party sucks anyway, and you're dumb if you're still there and let someone fake dc before you imo.

I could care less what noobs who I'll never see again think about me, because if it were my choice I wouldn't ever PT with them if they were the only people left playing FFXI. It's funny when the party I DCed from asks me to join their party again like 15minutes after I log back on.

(That being said, I only fake dc in full noob pts, if there's anyone from any sort of high-level LS or I know has a 2nd 75 job and isn't a noob I'll just say I gotta go in 30min or something, makes me feel bad dc'ing on them)
    Yeah, but there's more than 1 instance in which people fake d/c. The XP itself can be amazing, but if people join a party only to ding, get a buffer, and then mysteriously DC, then that's even worse if the party turns out to be a shitty one.

Most people understand if you have to leave, especially if you give them 15 to 30 minutes notice. If people still give you shit after getting a rep then that's your problem, and you shouldn't resort to fake d/c'ing. That just makes you look like a pussy.

I used to fake D/C all the time, especially in somewhat nooby parties or if i'd been on too long and didn't want to get a replacement for a party that would break soon anyways, or was just crap that I didn't want to put someone else through the same torture, I fail to see what the problem is ...

Although there were quite a few times where instead of saying " /l man this party is n00bish, I'm gonna fake D/C, back in a few..." it would have gone to /p mode...

Banned.

BG Level

i just see fake d/c'ing as the cowards way out
    grow some balls people..or breasts
    tell your party: I am leaving cause this party sucks ass, the exp is horrible, you guys are noobs or just really bad players, fuck this shit i got better stuff to do, not getting replacement because this party is terrible anyways, PEACE OUT BIAAATCHESessss

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

I only fake d/c out of a party if I personally hate each and every other member and would take pleasure out of wasting a good deal of their time. If it's just a crappy party, I give a bit of short notice and then take off.

People who fake a d/c at the drop of a hat ought to be shot.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

usually tell the truth, if you cry over exp you need a life dude...

"i g2g... my friend called and wants to play xbox live <.<"

30 sec later = "OMFG *points at TV* FUCKING MODDER.. GTFO.. NO FUCKING WAY THAT WAS A FUCKING HEADSHOT FUCKING FUCK"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag