LM-11= what?
LM-11= what?
Well Im suspended as well and you do not have to believe me, but I ONLY use windower in full screen mode... All because I cant run the game in the Actual full screen mode anymore.
I get a nice Direct3D( I think thats what it is) message and cant log in normally.
I have 2 monitors hooked up to my PC so its not like I need the windower anymore... just have to use it.
-Brennan - Bahamut
permabanOriginally Posted by Banstick
thats gay,im deff. w/ the guilty by association crap,ive never been jailed for anything other than getting caught in pt w/ some1 who hacked ><
i did run windower,always but yeah its bs
will they allow me to get ls gears out?
Nope, you've been hit by yourselfOriginally Posted by Banstick
I'm going to reiterate. There's no "guilty by association", no banning because of dualboxing, and no banning because you merely shared your account info. If you got hit, it's because your character as moving irregularly at some point. This means one of the following is true:
1) You were using POS/fleetool.
2) You gave your account info to a friend who happened to be using POS/fleetool.
3) Your operating system's clock wasn't running at the correct rate because your NTP client (like Windows Date and Time Properties -> Internet Time) was trying to correct the time too infrequently. A low CMOS battery is usually the cause of system time drift.
If you're a victim of a bad CMOS battery, then that really sucks. However, accounts without prior offenses didn't get perm bans so if it's your first time just replace the battery, get a real NTP client, and enjoy the rest of your 72 hour vacation.
SE should have prioritized the list of hackers, sorted by the number of GM calls the person had. People at the tops of each list per server should have been banned. That would have caught the most flagrant people who were hacking and got them perma-banned (and I'd put money that the people at the top of the list would be RMT for the most part.)
Instead they just randomly chose people, and in doing so showed how completely out of touch they are with reality. It would have been just as effective as far as showing SE being serious about cheating/hacking without banning users who were just momentarily stupid and "only used flee tool once in their mog house to see what it was like."
After all the impending changes coming tomorrow, it will be interesting to see how the player base fluctuates. Maybe this is SE's really retarded way of distancing themselves from this game to lay the groundwork for their next MMO.
lol, I've used POS and FleeTool before and I'm not banned.
^______________________________^
Yeah, my account was on final warning since like 2 months ago. Haven't done anything since then, and I didnt get suspended yesterday.Originally Posted by Parshath
Gotta love how 90% of the people here who claim they "know all the possibilities" yet don't know actually know jack shit.
Irregular movement is created in the server logs whenever someone "warps" from point A to Z instantly without transmission between A and Z.
Stay with me here.
A Ninja who was running through Ro'Maeve to Hall of the Gods went R0, ran about 30 feet, then returned from R0. To the server, it appears he directly warped from point A to Z, as there was no transmission between points B to Y, since he was R0. As a result, it put up an irregular movement flag. It's retarded, but it's the way it works. Noone should be surprised.
He was taken to jail a few minutes later, standing before a GM whom specifically stated he "had irregular movement", thus was suspended.
DID I JUST BLOW YOUR FUCKING MIND?
Whether you want to believe it or not, the fact of the matter is some people were, in fact, actually banned for things other than mrargus fleetool and whatever other programs you feel the need to come up with. How is this still not obvious with people now being jailed for getting the Flee effect from Mire water and admitted cheaters having not been touched is beyond me. FFAssist (map monitor/chat logger) and Windower are the only 2 programs I have ever used. Ever. And I was suspended for 72hrs. Before some moron tries to say it was someone else, sorry, but no - noone besides me has ever had access to my account, as I am not stupid enough to give out account info. I have never received a warning nor been jailed throughout my nearly 3 years playing FFXI.
LAWL HE CHEATS LAWL BYE CHEATER LAWL HE WON'T OWN UP TO IT LAWL
Shut up.
So everyone who gets lag while running around gets flagged for irregular movement eh? That would be pretty much every player on FFXI.Originally Posted by Verix
This is actually correct, and VERY easy to test.Originally Posted by Verix
Someone actually posted a guide to using this to get the Sacrarium XP Scroll solo even after they added the extra true-sight Taurus.
If you want to see it in action, get a friend to start running and unplug his router. Have him continue to run for about 10 seconds, and plug it back in. Poof, home-made POS Warp!
Hi! They only investigate players who are reported.Originally Posted by miokomioko
Is this supposed to be new to anyone? People have been using lag tricks since this game started... modems sometimes have a 'standby' button that kills your connection so you can R:0 and run past aggro mobs, run through door that were open when you started lagging and go through them regardless of whether they are actually open anymore... Hell, you can spam up to 20 lines of whatever you want so when you come back from R:0 all 20 lines of shout show up instantly to spam the shit out of everyone in the zone.
Not once have I ever heard of anyone getting suspended/banned, or even GM'd for that matter, for taking advantage of connection lag (deliberate or not) unless it were used to spam 20 lines shit in /shout or /emote.
Perhaps because SE has never done a mass banning for speed hacking before?
Please tell me how the server logs would know the difference between someone jumping from Point A to Point B because they clicked a button, or if they jumped due to lag? If you claim they can't detect windower, they also can't detect the actual interface you are using to warp.
Yeah, SE never makes mistakes. Nope, never jailed/banned anyone for getting up on those ledges via the warp taru. Never jailed/banned anyone for getting flee from those ponds in Caedarva. It's a good thing SE has a 100% clean record of false positives.Originally Posted by miokomioko
Not saying that most people suspended/banned didn't use them but you'd have to be mentally retarded to think every single person used pos/fleetool or something similar.
If you lag you stopped running before warping according to their data. Or you were running in a straight line depending how its programmed. If you were running and suddenly jumped across the zone its kinda suspicious.Originally Posted by MisterBob
That case was because the idiot thought he was put in a place only accessible from warphacking and warphacked off actually.Originally Posted by Tythera
I bet most GMs are HS drop outs
Rofl, guess I missed that part of the story. Even still though, with the GM crew that we have I'm sure mistakes are made.Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
They could just have a system that flags you if you travel too far, distance-based.
Or even with the router-thing, they server knows you're at point A at a time and receives the info you're at point B when your R0 stops. Posing makes you get from point A to point B instantly I believe, so that could be a hint to the server too.