GO GO, FOR THE GOOD OF THE CITY
GO GO, FOR THE GOOD OF THE CITY
A few of us were talking in LS the other day about how it would be cool if BRD could merit and be able to play a 3rd song, but the 3rd song could only be a status song like a carol or the various other ones, not a attribute enhancing song. Or, BRD can merit and gain an ability like chain affinity, only call it song affinity or something and allow them to cast a third song every time the ability would be up. Most likely not even going to be the case but it doesn't hurt to have an imagination.
Massacre Elegy still seems like the thing most of the bards are hoping for (I know I am).
Carnage Elegy already owns mobs, Massacre Elegy would make NIN be like... zzz.Originally Posted by Daahan
Yea but don't you think it would compensate for a lot of endgame things that will most likely be screwed over by the BLM nerf? :wink:Originally Posted by Epical
15 jobs are being buffed including black mage.. there is no nerf.
Keep deluding yourself.Originally Posted by Devek
yep, and Walt Disney is cryogenically frozen and they are working on reviving him.Originally Posted by Devek
Yes, and I'm secretly the 11th Doctor. Ya wanna come with me?Originally Posted by Daahan
These all seem like they're certainly Bar-spell level 2 to me.Originally Posted by Delsan
I wouldn't mind getting Gravity 2, with increased duration and/or recast.
I'm also surprised no one's mentioned that all of the Debuff-gas are also in the DATs. There's a decent chance RDM will get Paralyga, Silencega, etc, etc. These would be fairly useful in Dynamis, but I'm having trouble thinking of where else I'd use them.
Probably a pretty good chance of Protect/Shell 5 too. We'll see in a couple hours I guess.![]()
They're in the dats because mobs cast paralyga and silencega already on players (jorm, bahamut etc), and bahamut does protect/shell5 as well as some other npcs.Originally Posted by Eander
debuff-agas would be pretty killer in ballista.
what's a ballista?
My thoughts:
The changes to Elemental Magic, Ninjitsu, Spirits Within, etc. Won't be as bad as people may think. The changes to Ranged Attacks, Utsusemi, and TP were announced after they took the servers down for maintenance for the Updates and such, rather than announced before, like the changes to Elemental Magic were. Either that, or Square has some other change that will be a more drastic nerf than Elemental Magic Change will be !
Or we can just have them nerf all jobs to the point where they are all on comparison to that of level 1, and save SE about 10 years of extra nerfs and work in general.Originally Posted by Kuponut
So far I've been lucky. I'm WAR, RDM, and SMN, and neither have been touched by the nerf stick. I just hope that none of those jobs (or the subs most commonly used by those jobs) ever will be.
Since SE has claimed that they will start listening to suggestions from websites like Alla or whatever, I fear for BRD sometimes, becuase I know there are Zammy RDMs who endlessly bitch, moan, and complain about how SE favors BRD over RDM.
Changes to RNG and NIN were announced a few days before the maintenance.Originally Posted by Kuponut
From what I've noticed, the only significant details they seem to not release until the update has begun (or make you datamine for), are changes to and addition of items (other than stack size changes which are announced 3 days prior), and other things that may significantly impact the economy (other than job nerf panic clearing houses).
Really? I was pretty sure that they had announced those changes during the actual maintenance?Originally Posted by Julian
http://ffxi.somepage.com/news/index.php ... 0&sort_by=
If you look halfway down the page, it shows the official Update Notes for that Patch, on the day that it happened, and if you look at previous announcements, there was no notice that Ranged attacks and Utsusemi were being changed.
There definately was, I dunno why it isn't archived there, but I remember that the image for the article was a NIN.Originally Posted by Kuponut
Ninja edit:
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/topics ... 00506.html