BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Merit Cap?     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

New Merit Cap?

I was wondering if anyone's on an exp binge right now that can verify the new Cap for Job Traits/Abilities/Spells.

Some people told me you can only cap some abilities like Chivarly up to 3 times, while some say you can do all 6 in one category.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I've heard a few beasts that have capped Affinity at 3 upgrades, progression looks like 3->4->5. so 18-24 merits depending upon what upgrades you choose. Not bad for people with multiple jobs.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by epigram
    I've heard a few beasts that have capped Affinity at 3 upgrades, progression looks like 3->4->5. so 18-24 merits depending upon what upgrades you choose. Not bad for people with multiple jobs.
    3 upgrades is kinda crappy on some of the JA's. Like Flashy Shot. It 20:00 min recast, which means you can at best improve it to 15 mins. This is utter crap. Why not 5 mins like Sharpshot, Barrage, and Stealth Shot?

I'm willing to bet it will be like group 1 merits where they doubled the max combo but kept caps the same. Who knows, maybe they'll even raise some caps. 6 raises total and 3 raise cap per skill seems like they're still testing out the effects these skills have on the game without completely unbalancing and nerfing 3 months later.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm willing to bet it will be like group 1 merits where they doubled the max combo but kept caps the same. Who knows, maybe they'll even raise some caps. 6 raises total and 3 raise cap per skill seems like they're still testing out the effects these skills have on the game without completely unbalancing and nerfing 3 months later.
    This makes the most sense. A single merit added takes 2 1/2 minutes off the recast, so this allows room to later raise the caps and allow people to get most of these down to 10 minute abilities or less, which would be reasonable.

If they let them start off at 10 minute abilities and they end up being overpowered people would be much more pissed to effectively lose 200k of experience when they get nerfed than have to go out & XP more when they expand them.[/quote]

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Garret
    This makes the most sense. A single merit added takes 2 1/2 minutes off the recast, so this allows room to later raise the caps and allow people to get most of these down to 10 minute abilities or less, which would be reasonable.

If they let them start off at 10 minute abilities and they end up being overpowered people would be much more pissed to effectively lose 200k of experience when they get nerfed than have to go out & XP more when they expand them.
    [/quote]

I suppose you are right. Just frustrating when they release and ability that is very nice, yet make it totally useless due to the timer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag