Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 209
  1. #1
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    126
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Velen

    Conclusive evidence for the avatar Alexander?

    Thought this was kind of interesting, and was wondering if anyone else has put together the pieces to the puzzle that SE has laid down the groundwork regarding Alexander.

    Firstly, there are two sets of avatars (summons) Terrestrial and Celestial.

    Terrestrial (dealing with aspects of the world of Vana'diel, and thus why they don't appear on the starchart in Windurst)
    Carbuncle: Bringer of rainbows
    Fenrir: Guardian of the moon
    Bahamut: King of the skies
    Phoenix: Fiery bird of rebirth (forged into Tenzen's great katana)
    Diabolos: Keeper of the realm of dreams (Dynamis)

    Celestial (aka "from the heavens (sky)" = constellations, with prime stars based off their inherent element and thusly found on the starchart in Windurst)
    V
    http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/1223/stellarjy0.gif

    Ramuh (Olduum) - it has been very clear that this relationship is important, considering the many quests revolving around the Olduum civilization and their link with Ramuh/lightning.
    Ifrit (Falbub)
    Leviathan (Veydal)
    Garuda (Vuychap)
    Titan (Daemdalus)
    Shiva (Aeomatra)
    Odin (Sleipnir) - prime star is the name of his horse. Also called the Dark Rider (mentioned in the assault storylines). If you still think the Dark Rider isn't Odin, do everyone a favor and punch yourself in the face.
    Alexander (Gordius) - now things get really interesting; the Walahra Temple maintains the "Gordeus," an object that "...holds the answer to all existance..."
    V
    http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/1136/walahraln6.jpg

    I know Gordius =/= Gordeus, but the correlation has to a simple translation error, considering how pivotal that word is in its relation to Alexander.

    Even more interesting is that an NPC in Whitegate speaks specifically of a "humanoid" used by Emperor Alzadaal to conquer the land, and that power was used to build the foundation of his empire. Could we take that foundation literally, thus making it the Alzadaal ruins?
    V
    http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/3184/zaranfom7.jpg

    Also interesting about Alzadaal is some information given by the Automaton maker, Ghatsad, during the first leg of the new missions.
    V
    http://img432.imageshack.us/img432/8...uinssu5.th.jpg

    Alexander has always been a huge, humanoid-esque, holy-powered mechanical castle. Would it be too far of a stretch to link Alexander with the automations, considering that Alzadaal controlled a humanoid, and used plasma oil (same as that used in automatons) in the construction of the undersea areas that can apparently move mechanically. Even more interesting is the potential for the Astral Candescence (and thus Astral Wind) to play a role in this whole plot; control all the Candescences, and you control Alexander? Is this the true driving force behind the actions of those involved in this story? It's all very interesting nonetheless.

  2. #2
    Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,717
    BG Level
    7

    Interesting research.

    There are always little hints and references to past FFXI aspects and other mythological beings and they don't always end up showing in the game, but it would be pretty cool if they had Alexander. He'd probably end up being light based like Carby.

  3. #3
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,615
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Conclusive? No. This is SE we're talking about.

    Interesting? Definitely.

  4. #4
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,370
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    Thought it was kind of obvious. Pretty sure the stars and the celestial avatars are all related.
    I think Khasmin(or someone) posted some translated VanaDiel Tribune which talked about the backstory of Shiva, Garuda, and Leviathen and it tied together the star name pretty well.

  5. #5
    Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,843
    BG Level
    8

    Ok, you put all this evidence together, leading to the conclusion that the Ruins of Alzadaal are Alexander.

    Please explain to me the train of logic that would lead to the idea that he would be summonable.



    "OMG NEW SUMON" topics are so fucking Zam.

  6. #6

    The beastmen and ghosts will converge on al zahbi... its fate sealed.. only to be saved a the last second by the wings of alexander.. and princess dagger will come down and marry me.

  7. #7
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,472
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Yeah, I caught most of those reference already.


    Odin being the elemental opposite of Alexander (Odin is elemental avatar for darkness, Alexander is elemental avatar for light according to star chart) make it likely both will play a role in the story

  8. #8
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    641
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    Ok, you put all this evidence together, leading to the conclusion that the Ruins of Alzadaal are Alexander.

    Please explain to me the train of logic that would lead to the idea that he would be summonable.



    "OMG NEW SUMON" topics are so fucking Zam.

    Diabolo's was thought to be impossible to implement as a summon, because of his role in CoP and general importance. It was debated long and across about if it would be possible to put him in as a summon. Most people concluded that it was stupid to put him in as an avatar.

    However, SE found a way around it, as usual, and put him in. Nothing should suggest it could be any different this time. Having 2 Darkness element avatars and only 1 Light element avatar could be grounds for implementing a new light avatar. Though, it would be more likely it is Phoenix, it would be nice to have Alexander.

    However, in all FF's, Alexander has always been huge... I'm not sure SE would want Al Zahbi crowded with building-size avatars.... and if they scale him down it would take the grandeur of having Alexander to the ground...

    In other news and somewhat related, Odin has a "dying avatar" animation as I found on AltanaView... And it even has the sound of when avatars dissapear... something to think about.

  9. #9
    Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,843
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasitha
    Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    Ok, you put all this evidence together, leading to the conclusion that the Ruins of Alzadaal are Alexander.

    Please explain to me the train of logic that would lead to the idea that he would be summonable.



    "OMG NEW SUMON" topics are so fucking Zam.

    Diabolo's was thought to be impossible to implement as a summon, because of his role in CoP and general importance. It was debated long and across about if it would be possible to put him in as a summon. Most people concluded that it was stupid to put him in as an avatar.

    However, SE found a way around it, as usual, and put him in. Nothing should suggest it could be any different this time. Having 2 Darkness element avatars and only 1 Light element avatar could be grounds for implementing a new light avatar. Though, it would be more likely it is Phoenix, it would be nice to have Alexander.

    However, in all FF's, Alexander has always been huge... I'm not sure SE would want Al Zahbi crowded with building-size avatars.... and if they scale him down it would take the grandeur of having Alexander to the ground...

    In other news and somewhat related, Odin has a "dying avatar" animation as I found on AltanaView... And it even has the sound of when avatars dissapear... something to think about.
    Diabolos was implemented because the whining pussies on Zam get whatever they want.

    And I'm not talking about canonical importance, it's quite clear SE doesn't give a shit about that. I'm talking about how retarded an Alexander the size of an avatar would be, just in line with other FFs, not to mention how it would look to see a miniature map region following a SMN around.

  10. #10
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,753
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Id rather have the Tonberry summon.

  11. #11
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    641
    BG Level
    5

    I just said that...

    Furthermore, nothing suggests Al Zadaal isn't additions to Alexander itself. Like extensions connected to a smaller machine. Alexander was huge in FF9, I suspect a same size Alexander in this expansion.

    I wouldn't want to have Alexander summonable if it has to be scaled down. I'm simply saying that nothing suggests it's not possible. There's no Alexander in the DAT files yet, anyway.

  12. #12
    >The Implying
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,043
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    While "omg new summon" topics are pretty Zam, this certainly is not.
    Good job on the research.

    I personally didn't think Diabolos would become a summon due to his stance towards people is much like Bahamut's, only without the "ME SMASH YOUR FACE" aspect of it. However, the most notable thing about Diabolos was the fact that he had a summoning circle, and (probably thanks to the Zamites, but who knows, maybe people are just overly cynical because their Monks got pushed out of the Chiblast endgame lolsauce) he eventually became summonable.

    As far as Odin goes, all the avatars have a "dying animation". Its possible we may have to fight Odin someday, and that's what his animation will be composed of. However, I haven't seen an associated summoning circle for Odin yet. It's best to reserve judgement as to whether or not he'll become summonable.

    I highly doubt given Alexander's sheer size that he's become summonable. However, I also expect the cutscenes involving him will not disappoint.

  13. #13
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,370
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    I've already come to the assumption that Alexander will be ToA's Phoenix and Odin will be ToA's Bahamut.

    Obviously Aphmau is the Diabolos IF YOU GET MY DRIFT

  14. #14
    Ranger
    2600klub

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    11,302
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    Diabolos was implemented because the whining pussies on Zam get whatever they want.
    at least it seems like the toau team got to make the avatar attacks for it, even though almost all of them are shittardedly useless, the ranged attack is golden and we thank them for the ability to farm tiamat firecrystals in the air and kill kirins faster

  15. #15
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,753
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Who says the avatar has to stay out? Who says SE wont make a compact or a diffrent form of Alexander? Why not when an ability is used, he flashes to his huge size for a second and then goes back or dissapears.

    Trying to think about what SE is planning to do is rediculous. Its a nice dream, but SE can do whatever they want, they can find any loop hole or change the story to their liking. Im sure if they wanted to we could have DL as a summon, or Bahamut or the Wyrms. Theres just no point in wasting effort in trying to nit pick at SEs little details and try to find whats underneath.

  16. #16
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,723
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Theres just no point in wasting effort in trying to nit pick at SEs little details and try to find whats underneath.
    There's just no point in posting on these forums.

  17. #17
    >The Implying
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,043
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Theres just no point in wasting effort in trying to nit pick at SEs little details and try to find whats underneath.
    There's just no point in posting on these forums.
    Unless you're trying to convince a group of people that meleeing with an overglorified walking stick while summoning Alexander to bring down the holy judgment upon your numerous Sea Puk adversaries, while maintaining your MP loss with the supercool use of MP Chakra, is a supercool idea.

    Oh wait...

  18. #18
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    126
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Velen

    Obviously putting "summon" in the thread title got some peoples panties in a bunch, what with the immediate use of their tired, overused BG memes.

    Changed it to "avatar" to clear up that whole issue.

  19. #19
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,753
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Theres just no point in wasting effort in trying to nit pick at SEs little details and try to find whats underneath.
    There's just no point in posting on these forums.
    Unless you're trying to convince a group of people that meleeing with an overglorified walking stick while summoning Alexander to bring down the holy judgment upon your numerous Sea Puk adversaries, while maintaining your MP loss with the supercool use of MP Chakra, is a supercool idea.

    Oh wait...
    MeleeSMN is the new WAR.

  20. #20
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    600
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Word on the street is Alexander is relic frame. (*'-')

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Does 99BC Drop Wyrm Beard for the BlackBelt Quest?
    By ReTiCuLeX in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2004-10-16, 16:26
  2. Question for the Blms
    By Seii in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2004-10-13, 18:41
  3. A couple questions for the BLMs
    By Tilanna in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2004-09-16, 18:12
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2004-09-11, 14:32
  5. Mogi's Quest for the Black Belt
    By Mogi in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2004-08-05, 20:59