+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gaijin Smash     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Gaijin Smash

I've known about this blog for awhile and assumed that others had heard about it, but it seems not alot of people have heard about it. Well, to give you a idea of what its about.. it is pretty much about a american teacher who moved to japan to teach english and he posts about funny stuff that happens during the process.

http://www.gaijinsmash.net/

Mmm, teaching english in Japan ftw. I'm so tempted to go do that for a year, they pay for everything! >O<

Old Merits
    BG Level

I used to read it when it was Outpostnine. Didn't realise it got moved :E

Black Belt
    BG Level

i was reading it until it got moved, it doesn't seem to update on the new site.

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    i was reading it until it got moved, it doesn't seem to update on the new site.
    same, it's been going for a long time now but it just seemed to stop... what a ripoff. Some stories were pretty entertaining.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

http://outpostnine.com/editorials/teacher.html

*ATTN*
    The "I Am a Japanese School Teacher" editorial series has moved to Gaijin Smash as a part of the Festering Ass Network.

There, you will find the same teacher editorials with a new great look and more professionalism. The series will also continue past when my tenure on JET comes to an end.
    Professionalism eh? Festering Ass Network you say? wtf.

This is also posted:

- For those of you worried about new content on Gaijin Smash, worry no longer.

It's been almost three years. ...Do you really think only 117 Editorials could cover it all?

Coming in June to Gaijin Smash, new, never before seen editorials! "The Lost School Teacher Editorials", if you will. These new entries will chronicles things that have happened over the past three years that I have failed to mention...until now. What could I have possibly left out? ...You'll see.

These new editorials will be integrated into the old archives, appearing roughly once a week. Be sure to look for them!

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie
    http://outpostnine.com/editorials/teacher.html

*ATTN*
    The "I Am a Japanese School Teacher" editorial series has moved to Gaijin Smash as a part of the Festering Ass Network.

There, you will find the same teacher editorials with a new great look and more professionalism. The series will also continue past when my tenure on JET comes to an end.
    Professionalism eh? Festering Ass Network you say? wtf.
    I'm sure he means the layout of the site and things like that. Outpostnine was pretty ghetto. If he means the content itself, it'd be tough to be professional while talking about kids trying to stick fingers in his ass

The Festering Ass Network was started by Tucker Max, and it's a network that compiles either the craziest shit on the internet you can find or one who can't get normal reliable hosting. There's a Special Ed teacher, there's a Green Beret, there's a correctional officer, and the rest are basically just people who wouldn't get good hosting without it.

If anyone was still wanting to view the older editorial a zip of all of them can be found here http://omega.med.yale.edu/~pcy5/japanese/ which was a mirror of the site when it was running. Personally I liked the old format and found no need to move to the new site which is yeah, not quite up to par. Anyway hope this helps.

Banned.

BG Level

Pretty funny ;o

Isn't that the Biggu Dikku guy?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

I always loved reading of how the older kids at one of the schools would challenge him to arm wrestling contests and races.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My problem is you dont need some super fancy layout if youre content is good and people can navigate. I liked the old site just fine but I guess his bandwidth was being raped.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag