Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

    zilart cutscene bard where?

    The topic pretty much covers my question. I want to show a friend the Ark Angels slaughtering Shadowlord.

  2. #2
    Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,843
    BG Level
    8

    That one's probably in Norg.

  3. #3

    I believe it would be a goblin footprint also, not a bard. Bards give titles back.

  4. #4
    Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,843
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    I believe it would be a goblin footprint also, not a bard. Bards give titles back.
    No, bards do both.

    For example, the title bard in Whitegate is by the Al Zahbi zoneline, but the cutscene bard is by the fountain.

    Goblin Footprints are used in place of bards for cutscenes in a non-city zone.

  5. #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    I believe it would be a goblin footprint also, not a bard. Bards give titles back.
    No, bards do both.

    For example, the title bard in Whitegate is by the Al Zahbi zoneline, but the cutscene bard is by the fountain.

    Goblin Footprints are used in place of bards for cutscenes in a non-city zone.
    The more you know! *star shoots across the screen* Never knew that, though I guess there's no way I could, I've never tried to view a past cutscene.

  6. #6

    not really zaming this. but just a thought that this kind of question could prolly just easily be answered on alla i guess, but i guess posting on a end game forum works too

  7. #7

    Yeah it's Norg. I tried allah and somepage and they only mentioned which bards showed cutscenes but not which ones they showed. Oh well. Thanks.

  8. #8

    who watches cutscenes again...

  9. #9
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    953
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Sort of related, Pinkfae's current project on the wiki involves finding all the mission cutscenes and putting them all on the respective mission pages. For example:

    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/index.php/ ... ission_1-1

    Replay cutscene:
    Rites of Life Goblin Footprint Lower Delkfutt Tower (H-10)
    Rites of Life (1) Tinjue Upper Jeuno (G-6)
    Rites of Life (2) Tinjue Upper Jeuno (G-6)

    Edit: Unfortunately, ZM's haven't been catalogued yet.

    Edit2: I think the distinction between Goblin Footprints and CS Bards in towns is the following: CS Bards play cuts that you get from talking to an NPC, while Goblin Footprints replay cuts that you get upon walking to a certain area or checking a non-character target.

  10. #10

    Quote Originally Posted by Ichthyos
    Sort of related, Pinkfae's current project on the wiki involves finding all the mission cutscenes and putting them all on the respective mission pages. For example:

    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/index.php/ ... ission_1-1

    Replay cutscene:
    Rites of Life Goblin Footprint Lower Delkfutt Tower (H-10)
    Rites of Life (1) Tinjue Upper Jeuno (G-6)
    Rites of Life (2) Tinjue Upper Jeuno (G-6)

    Edit: Unfortunately, ZM's haven't been catalogued yet.

    Edit2: I think the distinction between Goblin Footprints and CS Bards in towns is the following: CS Bards play cuts that you get from talking to an NPC, while Goblin Footprints replay cuts that you get upon walking to a certain area or checking a non-character target.
    What about the numerous cutscenes at the palace in ru'lude gardens? Are those bard or footprint?

  11. #11
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,634
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    For future reference...

    This is what a Cut-Scene-Bard's gear looks like:
    http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/images/mobs/Geuhbe.jpg

    And this is what a Title-Changing-Bard's gear looks like:
    http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/images/mo...-Maratahya.jpg

  12. #12
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    953
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Hmm, nevermind. I think Priran's explanation was correct. Towns don't have Goblin Footprints, do they? I'll check Archanne (Ru'Lude G-9) for cuts when I'm free.

  13. #13
    blax n gunz
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,161
    BG Level
    9

    Norg H-9, Colleraie

    You can't zam this one, alla doesn't know this kind of stuff.

    Elemen has it though, if you can pore through the japanese:

    http://www5.plala.or.jp/SQR/ff11/missio ... ml#Zilart1

  14. #14

    is it possible to re-view the final COP CS, the one with the song with lyrics & Full screen CS? i can never find the NPC or footprint that lets you see that again.

  15. #15
    blax n gunz
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,161
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Veneficus
    is it possible to re-view the final COP CS, the one with the song with lyrics & Full screen CS? i can never find the NPC or footprint that lets you see that again.
    Gob Footprint in Lufaise is at K-8, can't confirm if that's where you can review it.

  16. #16
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    953
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    Quote Originally Posted by Veneficus
    is it possible to re-view the final COP CS, the one with the song with lyrics & Full screen CS? i can never find the NPC or footprint that lets you see that again.
    Gob Footprint in Lufaise is at K-8, can't confirm if that's where you can review it.
    Yep, it's the last one on the list there: "The Chains Fall Free (pt.2)"

  17. #17
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,469
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Ichthyos
    Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    Quote Originally Posted by Veneficus
    is it possible to re-view the final COP CS, the one with the song with lyrics & Full screen CS? i can never find the NPC or footprint that lets you see that again.
    Gob Footprint in Lufaise is at K-8, can't confirm if that's where you can review it.
    Yep, it's the last one on the list there: "The Chains Fall Free (pt.2)"
    I can confirm that one. I admit that I have stopped to watch it a few times because it is such a nice cutscene.

    The general rule of thumb is that you can watch a cutscene in the zone that you witnessed it. I do know that the Ru'Lude Gardens Bard will replay the Magicite cutscenes from the Beastmen strongholds, so I am not sure if you can view them at the goblin footprints in those zones.

    I am fairly certain that every non-city zone has a goblin footprint at the "main entrance", you can trade it one gil (I don't think that you lose it) to rewatch cutscenes. Al Zahabi is the only city zone to have a footprint instead of a Bard. I guess it is so we would not have to worry about the bard being kidnapped.

  18. #18
    >The Implying
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,043
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Ichthyos
    Hmm, nevermind. I think Priran's explanation was correct. Towns don't have Goblin Footprints, do they? I'll check Archanne (Ru'Lude G-9) for cuts when I'm free.
    Yea, Priran's explanation is correct.

    - There is one title-changing bard per city. They will generally change your title based on the titles you recieve for completing certain quests in the area. The title bards in Mhaura and Selbina can restore HNM titles (such as Wyrm Astonisher, Tiamat Trouncer, etc.). Restoring different titles costs varying amounts of gil.

    - Cutscene bards should appear in every area in a town only where mission/quest cutscenes can be received. It costs 10g to view these cutscenes.

    - Goblin Footprints appear in just about any area where you encounter battles. You can view cutscenes seen in these areas by trading gil or items to the footprint (which are not taken from you).

    There are two exceptions to the above rules:
    - Despite being a town, there is a Goblin Footprint in Al Zahbi. I would guess this is because you can encounter mobs in this zone, and NPCs get captured, etc.
    - The Sealion's Den has a cutscene bard, rather than a Goblin Footprint.

    Ninjar-edit: Beaten to the punch.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. FFXI Model viewer (where is a link)
    By mako in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2004-12-08, 20:05
  2. Steam Cleaner, oh Steam Cleaner, where art thou??
    By Althor in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2004-11-05, 13:38
  3. Your bard got a Byaakos Haidate??
    By in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2004-09-15, 02:53