Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 299

Thread: August 23rd Interview     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    361
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    August 23rd Interview

    I'm in the process of reading the old thread about the upcoming interview (here) with some SE developers, etc. After the latest updates, where do the planned interview questions sit as far as relevancy goes? Do some of the questions need to be revisited before they make their way into the interview? I see this as one of our few chances to get direct replies (even if they try to evade questions, that still gives us some insight) to our questions, and I would like to see it go as well as possible.

  2. #2
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,022
    BG Level
    9

    Tell them Alakhazam is owned(or going to be) by a group that owns RMT and what they think about that. I would like to hear their response.

  3. #3
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,290
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Tell them Alakhazam is owned(or going to be) by a group that owns RMT and what they think about that. I would like to hear their response.
    Yes yes yes yes yes YES

  4. #4
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,349
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    "We are looking into this issue currently, thank you"

  5. #5
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,219
    BG Level
    6

    Well I will post something about that in the next days. Right now, most of the questions are still going to be asked.

  6. #6
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,290
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    Bercus I dont know if this kind of question was asked, but can you ask them something like :

    "The new HNM hydra, was a very fun battle, but little to no reward, the same for the 3 beastman kings. Why do you put such amazing fights for no reward? The armor that drops off hydra is horrible, the latent effects are too severe for the benefits, etc. Why is there so much wasted potential?"

    /awaits the flames

  7. #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Bercus I dont know if this kind of question was asked, but can you ask them something like :

    "The new HNM hydra, was a very fun battle, but little to no reward, the same for the 3 beastman kings. Why do you put such amazing fights for no reward? The armor that drops off hydra is horrible, the latent effects are too severe for the benefits, etc. Why is there so much wasted potential?"

    /awaits the flames
    I think a better way to put it (you know, you dont insult the interviewee) would be: Why did you choose to make the hydra armor as a set seemingly inferior to other items currently available? Honestly, as much as this forum is full of HATE SE GRR, when talking to them its best to put things nicely.

  8. #8
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,290
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    Yar. So long as they understand that the gear from the Harder HNM drop gear that is not even sold on the AH due to nobody giving a shit about them, and that's a problem.


    Hmm just a thought.. since it's almost identical to Dragon crap, is it possible to create crimson peices out of Hydra gear?

  9. #9

    Its almost idential to gavial, not dragon. WRONG SHITTY ARMOR SET WAFIK.

  10. #10
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,290
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    Oh sorry, I should have known, if it actually could be turned into Dragon gear that would actually make it useful.

  11. #11

    Maybe they're just wising up and having good gear drop other ways instead of a single NM that will turn into a daily GM call shit fest like the three kings.

  12. #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Everlasting
    Maybe they're just wising up and having good gear drop other ways instead of a single NM that will turn into a daily GM call shit fest like the three kings.
    "Drop other ways" meaning "still drop off the old single NM it has since 2003"?

  13. #13

    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Quote Originally Posted by Everlasting
    Maybe they're just wising up and having good gear drop other ways instead of a single NM that will turn into a daily GM call shit fest like the three kings.
    "Drop other ways" meaning "still drop off the old single NM it has since 2003"?
    Oh no.

    I mean "out of the new gear, the gear we consider good (Chiv. Chain) are found in places like Assault" as opposed to a once a day NM that only one group will get drops from.

    With Assault and Limbus your persistence is all you need and you'll eventually get what you want becuase your only competition are the 18 people you're working with and not 80 people from other linkshells. With NMs maybe get claim, maybe win, maybe get drop so have fun waiting 2 years for stuff like your M.Body as opposed to just doing Assault whenver you have time/feel like it and eventually you'll get your whatever assault item you were going for, guranteed. Of course the gear isn't better, but I don't expect it to be.

    Which do you prefer, Limbus/Assault reward system or God/king type reward system?

  14. #14
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,290
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    Quote Originally Posted by Everlasting
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Quote Originally Posted by Everlasting
    Maybe they're just wising up and having good gear drop other ways instead of a single NM that will turn into a daily GM call shit fest like the three kings.
    "Drop other ways" meaning "still drop off the old single NM it has since 2003"?
    Oh no.

    I mean "out of the new gear, the gear we consider good (Chiv. Chain) are found in places like Assault" as opposed to a once a day NM that only one group will get drops from.

    With Assault and Limbus your persistence is all you need and you'll eventually get what you want becuase your only competition are the 18 people you're working with and not 80 people from other linkshells. With NMs maybe get claim, maybe win, maybe get drop so have fun waiting 2 years for stuff like your M.Body as opposed to just doing Assault whenver you have time/feel like it and eventually you'll get your whatever assault item you were going for, guranteed. Of course the gear isn't better, but I don't expect it to be.

    Which do you prefer, Limbus/Assault reward system or God/king type reward system?
    I like the Limbus/Assault, but reguardless, people should be rewarded for their efforts in all fights. Why even bother killing hydra if it drops nothing good? Sorry but I've never played a game where you kill <gigantic monster> and you are rewarded with practically nothing.

    50HP/tic poison? Silly negative.
    Slow +13% ? A decent negative.

  15. #15

    Quote Originally Posted by Everlasting

    I mean "out of the new gear, the gear we consider good (Chiv. Chain) are
    Which do you prefer, Limbus/Assault reward system or God/king type reward system?
    Both. I would hate it if every good item in the game came from Limbus too, variety is the only way to keep old games fresh.

    There are far too many new NMs which, while providing very entertaining and, in terms of FFXI, relatively non-standard fights, will never get done unless they have a reasonable purpose behind them. Even people who love the fights just for the experience, wont do them over and over again if there is no reason to. Eventually, if not already, Hydra will sit unclaimed for days on end because everyone has already done it.

  16. #16
    PUP Power!
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,039
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I'd still like to know if they are any plans to make PUP more attractive. With C+ skill and very difficult to acquire attachments that are being sold for very high prices on the servers, PUP is still not living up to its potential. What changes (af2 on the way?) are planned for the upcoming updates to strengthen the job?

  17. #17
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    36
    BG Level
    1

    A question about new job AFv2 would be interesting. As well as if they on adding the 3 new jobs to relics or possibly creating a new form of relic weapons that include the new jobs.

  18. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Everlasting
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Quote Originally Posted by Everlasting
    Maybe they're just wising up and having good gear drop other ways instead of a single NM that will turn into a daily GM call shit fest like the three kings.
    "Drop other ways" meaning "still drop off the old single NM it has since 2003"?
    Oh no.

    I mean "out of the new gear, the gear we consider good (Chiv. Chain) are found in places like Assault" as opposed to a once a day NM that only one group will get drops from.

    With Assault and Limbus your persistence is all you need and you'll eventually get what you want becuase your only competition are the 18 people you're working with and not 80 people from other linkshells. With NMs maybe get claim, maybe win, maybe get drop so have fun waiting 2 years for stuff like your M.Body as opposed to just doing Assault whenver you have time/feel like it and eventually you'll get your whatever assault item you were going for, guranteed. Of course the gear isn't better, but I don't expect it to be.

    Which do you prefer, Limbus/Assault reward system or God/king type reward system?
    Even better, make all gear able to be obtained at any time! HNMs!? Too much camping. Assault?! I don't wanna wait. Just give me my items now. In fact, give everyone the same items, but make it be really good, the best of the best, so I can then do more assaults even faster. Oh wait, I already decided they're too time consuming.

    All joking aside, difficulty should mirror quality of drops, the end. Chiv. Chain is awesome, correct? Then Hydra should drop something even better. Not the other way around. I think you should be able to agree with that. Even if it's just a Chiv. Chain +1...it's still better, it still means I put more effort/skill/organization into an event (Assault is like a 9-5 job, put in your time and you get your paycheck, its hardly challenging), so I should be rewarded accordingly. SE wants to get away from RMT, then why not make all of the enviable items on mobs gilfarmers will never be able to touch?

  19. #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    All joking aside, difficulty should mirror quality of drops, the end. Chiv. Chain is awesome, correct? Then Hydra should drop something even better. Not the other way around. I think you should be able to agree with that. Even if it's just a Chiv. Chain +1...it's still better, it still means I put more effort/skill/organization into an event (Assault is like a 9-5 job, put in your time and you get your paycheck, its hardly challenging), so I should be rewarded accordingly. SE wants to get away from RMT, then why not make all of the enviable items on mobs gilfarmers will never be able to touch?
    Difficulty cannot mirror quality of drops. After people figure out how to easily beat a NM, which is a matter of a few short weeks, the difficulty is gone. With enough digging for information anyone can easily find out winning strageties for every monster in FFXI, therefore difficulty is a moot point, the end. What don't we know how to beat easily besides AV and stuff that you sometimes just get screwed on (DL, that popped NM that runs back and eats the soup)? With the amount of information sharing difficulty of the monster isn't much of an issue, it's simply a question of the player's skill and the persistence to get claim and learn from mistakes.

    What's debatable is reward for the effort/skill/organization. Let's face it: HNM fights are predictable, many people know how the monsters act. Assaults are predictable, we know pretty much what to do. Both have the element of random screwage and enough danger to have you fail. Just like a linkshell gathers for the daily 3 hour king window so do people for daily assault runs. As for the skill factor, how is killing the same turtle you've killed for 3 years more of an accomplishment than a tough Assault? It's predictable, you've killed it hundereds of times already. Compare this with Assault, it's much much more unpredictable (hasn't been out long, we don't know all the ins and outs) and that's where skill plays a greater role because we must improvise more.

    I have much more respect for people who are trailblazers in Assault and Limbus than the people who kill the same mob over and over for years. Assault/Limbus and god/king both take the effort of showing up, the skill to achive victory and the organization to keep people coming back and winning.

    "RMT never be able to touch", you're a funny man.

  20. #20
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    344
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Local
    A question about new job AFv2 would be interesting. As well as if they on adding the 3 new jobs to relics or possibly creating a new form of relic weapons that include the new jobs.
    And on that note, how SE plan to work the concept of the new jobs Relic into the storyline seeing as how (by their own admission) Aht Urgan was not involved in the Crystal War and thusly didn't participate in the Hydra Corps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. FFXI Interview August
    By bercus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 466
    Last Post: 2006-08-16, 17:03
  2. FFXI Interview August (a follow up)
    By Vandra in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2006-07-12, 23:59
  3. suggestion/comment to the BIG KILLS interview
    By freewind in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2005-08-29, 16:15
  4. August 8th Maint?
    By Fayth- in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 2005-08-11, 19:36
  5. Recent JP interview...
    By rooster in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 2005-06-11, 00:48
  6. FFXI Interview posted.
    By Zigrah in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 2005-05-26, 02:32
  7. Dynamis Bastok on 4th August 2004 (We won! ^_^)
    By Medic in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2004-08-05, 21:05