Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Specific Crafts @ Specific Times?

Under my understanding of crafting with a 51 tier synth and 31 tier synth typically a new moon opposite the element ur crafting or the opposite of the crystal ur using ie. earth = darkness so craft on lightsday for best HQ results. This is where I challenge some of these beliefs with some Synths.

I have typically crafted on lightsday new moon for most of my synths (earth xtal) and for some synths I would get my expected results but for others I would always fall short ie only get 1-3/12 HQs.

About 3 weeks ago I noticed that the AH was short on some of the gear i normally synth which typically yield 1-3/12 HQs on lightsday new moon so I decided to craft on Windsday full moon and the results were 7/12 HQs. At first I thought I just got lucky, but I have been synthing for 3 weeks now durring full moon windsday and my results have avg. about 5.5/12. Ive only done 72 synths atm but I'm wondering has anyone else found a similar result. Crafting specific synths at specific times rather then the generalizing every synth with that xtal to one day?

Re: Specific Crafts @ Specific Times?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles
    Under my understanding of crafting with a 51 tier synth and 31 tier synth typically a new moon opposite the element ur crafting or the opposite of the crystal ur using ie. earth = darkness so craft on lightsday for best HQ results. This is where I challenge some of these beliefs with some Synths.

I have typically crafted on lightsday new moon for most of my synths (earth xtal) and for some synths I would get my expected results but for others I would always fall short ie only get 1-3/12 HQs.

About 3 weeks ago I noticed that the AH was short on some of the gear i normally synth which typically yield 1-3/12 HQs on lightsday new moon so I decided to craft on Windsday full moon and the results were 7/12 HQs. At first I thought I just got lucky, but I have been synthing for 3 weeks now durring full moon windsday and my results have avg. about 5.5/12. Ive only done 72 synths atm but I'm wondering has anyone else found a similar result. Crafting specific synths at specific times rather then the generalizing every synth with that xtal to one day?
    Moonphase and day mean nothing.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Only thing that matters is the random # generator.

Although it fells like a sure thing, that really isn't enough synths to make any valid statistical evaluation. There are many variables in play, and we aren't even sure of all of them. The only way to make decisive statements about what has an effect is to isolate all but one variable and we are unable to do so. Short of that, it's all luck and random numbers.