Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 32 of 112 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 2232
  1. #621
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,903
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Quote Originally Posted by genome
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee
    Yeah i'm leaning towards the taste for certain foods. I only feed mine 2 kinds of food, but when i first gave it to the bird it munched weakly, now its always one gulp. I dont feel like changing the variety either so it'll probably keep eating in one gulp.
    Was it sick when it gave you the "munches weakly"? Mine was sick only 1 day, and that's the only time I ever got that message, on a gysahl green that all other times he eats with the normal munches contently message. It makes sense that while sick he would munch weakly.
    He munches weakly when he's sick or really low on health (like you walked him x3 and watched him 3-5x) and you feed him.
    Every day I take mine on 3 walks, then watch over him until he has about 2% energy left.

    He, 100% of the time, always gulps down Azouph Greens in a single gulp since the first time I gave them to him where he ate them "contently."

    At first, when feeding him Zhegam Carrots, he "weakly" ate them, then after about 3 of those, he "contently" ate them.

    If you've ever played Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, I have a feeling there might be a similar food preference system as there is in that game. Where eating same foods over and over they drop down on a preference list, and eating disliked foods, they tend to rise up on preference. Possible, but at least I'm pretty sure there's at least an inherent food preference like the races in FF:CC.
    Hmm, odd. I've only fed him Gysahl Greens, except when he was sick and then 1 Tekopekka Grass. He's munched weakly on two days, both were when he was really low health, a 3rd day if you count him being sick. All other days, same food, were contentedly because I fed him when he was higher on health.

  2. #622
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    610
    BG Level
    5

    Eaglestrike, I just tested the "low health" thing, I got him drained completely before feeding him the 3rd food item, and he still munched contently on that gysahl green. So I think that only happens for sure when your chocobo is sick (or full i guess? I never tried overfeeding him and i don't plan to).

    Also I still have to play FF:CC, but at least for the 3 items I always used the message never changed, so if it happens for other foods, somehow gysahl greens, sandoria carrots, and vegetable paste are exempt.
    I did feed it a different green once and he just gave me the 'eats', same for a different paste 'carrot'. Maybe on those if i kept feeding them it would have changed its taste, but i am sure for the ones I keep feeding it never changes.

  3. #623
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    95
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    On the very first day as a chick, I overfed my chocobo. The message I got was "your chocobo seems to be forcing itself to eat the vegetable paste." I'm not sure if that helps you or not in figuring out the difference in "contently" or "weakly."

    More related to the issue, the help NPC mentions that varying the food you give a chocobo is a good thing. So, it could be just revealing the chocobo's preference for that food (which may or may not have an impact on how potent the +stat related to the food is).

  4. #624
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,903
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by genome
    Eaglestrike, I just tested the "low health" thing, I got him drained completely before feeding him the 3rd food item, and he still munched contently on that gysahl green. So I think that only happens for sure when your chocobo is sick (or full i guess? I never tried overfeeding him and i don't plan to).

    Also I still have to play FF:CC, but at least for the 3 items I always used the message never changed, so if it happens for other foods, somehow gysahl greens, sandoria carrots, and vegetable paste are exempt.
    I did feed it a different green once and he just gave me the 'eats', same for a different paste 'carrot'. Maybe on those if i kept feeding them it would have changed its taste, but i am sure for the ones I keep feeding it never changes.
    He's only ever been sick once and I got munches weakly a week+ before then. And he's also munched weakly when he was "starving" and the entire way to "completely full" so... I have no idea anymore lol

  5. #625
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    835
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by genome
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpoemer
    don't wanna sift through 40 pages so i'll just post on the assumption that nobody has mentioned it before...but...

    has anyone else noticed that when their chocobo is "quite perky lately" when you do the "Care for your chocobo" stuff, it takes up more energy? noticed it when usually going for a walk took just over 1/4 of my chocos energy and when it was perky it took almost 1/3
    I haven't noticed that, I am always able to do 3 walks a day + watching over several times. The watching over message does change when it's perky ("Your chocobo is in high spirits") but not really less energy for me.
    I do remember in the first few days (day4-5) a walk would take near 50% of the energy though.
    well i noticed it cos before i was able to do 3 walks + watch like 6-7 times, then his "perky" day i was able to do 3 walks but only watch over twice


    Quote Originally Posted by klvino
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpoemer
    don't wanna sift through 40 pages so i'll just post on the assumption that nobody has mentioned it before...but...

    has anyone else noticed that when their chocobo is "quite perky lately" when you do the "Care for your chocobo" stuff, it takes up more energy? noticed it when usually going for a walk took just over 1/4 of my chocos energy and when it was perky it took almost 1/3
    Was your chocobo ill the next day and then had to feed it Tokopekko Wildgrass? Like the day before it gets ill, and the day when it actually is ill, wouldn't it seem to take more energy(effort) for it to do anything?

    Yes you said it was perky that day, but what happened the next day? *wrapped attention*
    well he's still perky today, have to wait till tomorrow (2:50AM is my 24hr mark ._.) to see if he does get ill, but i don't think he will get ill

  6. #626
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Quote Originally Posted by genome
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee
    i read this earlier
    stuff
    rebuttal
    rocl sent me a pm about this topic and i havent responded yet
    Check your PMs plz ; ;

  7. #627
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,210
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Mine had a personality for the first time on Day 16. It has a rather enigmatic personality, making it hard to know what the animal is thinking. I've been feeding it veggie paste and sharug greens, with zegham carrots when perky. It's been jamming to Ru'Lude Garden music lately.

    I plan to boost its mental stats so it can learn Gallop and Canter or Auto-Regen, and then boost strength and endurance for riding/racing.

  8. #628
    The God Damn Kuno
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,360
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Went went from a week straight of ill-tempered to very patient. wtf >.<

  9. #629
    >The Implying
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,039
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Went went from a week straight of ill-tempered to very patient. wtf >.<
    Sounds like it made the transition from Norman Bates to Patrick Bateman.

  10. #630
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Went went from a week straight of ill-tempered to very patient. wtf >.<
    Wait, it still hasn't gronw to the next stage yet? Yeesh.

  11. #631
    Vic
    Vic is offline
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    251
    BG Level
    4

    My stupid chocobo is still in a coma /em punches his chick in the face. Day 17, nothing yet. Still no personality.

  12. #632
    Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,841
    BG Level
    8

  13. #633
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    624
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Egg type? Routine? Feed?
    just trying to get some theories going on how to get the Attributes up.

    Haven't had a chance to check mine yet. Anyone on Day 17 with a teenage choco? i'm getting extremely fed up of this stupid chick >.>

  14. #634
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    61
    BG Level
    2

    day 17 all stats the same.

    i have got the regard as a parent, in high spirits, receptive to anything messages for quite a few days now, have been keeping it active and have been feeding it vomp carrots and veggie paste. now i think i should have just sold those carrots for 50k each at AH and made myself some money instead...

    priran, you've had that military message for a while. did you do something in particular to get it that way? have you exhausted your chocobo before?

  15. #635
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    175
    BG Level
    3

    I have a bird that says "ill-tempered and well suited for military use." It's been sick on-again off-again since it hatched. Probably about once every two to three days. I let it rest once and it didn't wake up for 3-4 days since it was starving and would fall back asleep before I could feed it... and that's when it got ill-tempered

  16. #636
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    121
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    mine wont wake up, hates me, is starving, and um... is suited for delievery.

  17. #637
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,132
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

    Quote Originally Posted by Ligro
    mine wont wake up, hates me, is starving, and um... is suited for delievery.
    Sleepy mexican chocobo?

  18. #638
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    I noticed when I rest it once because it was "ill" for 1 day.. the next day it was all ok but asleep (even after I got a "day ??" CS showing it happy and singing.

    Next day I got a CS of the chocobo walking and then right after its still sleeping -_-

    on the 3rd day it wokeup all happy though, the affection thing went waaaayy down, had to spam toppoko whatever grass to bring affection up.

  19. #639
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    40
    BG Level
    1

    Stat up

    Day 18 - STAT INCREASE (I think . . . ?)

    My chocobo's Strength is now "Substandard" instead of "Poor"

    Diet up till today: Sandy Carrots

    Care Plan: Walk (Every day even when sick)

    Personal Care: 3 Walks a day and 1-2 Watches

    EDIT: Just saw Prian's pic - was [x] thingy when I posted. You walking your Choco to death too?

  20. #640
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    61
    BG Level
    2

    Day 18... same as the 13 days before it....

Page 32 of 112 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Chocobo Circuit (08/21/2007)
    By idunno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 2007-08-24, 18:20
  2. Chocobo Raising Changes and Additions (12/07/2006)
    By Not Kuno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 2006-12-08, 20:31
  3. Additions and Adjustments to Chocobo Raising (25/09/2006)
    By spooky in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 2006-09-27, 10:43
  4. /shocked (Chocobo Raising/Storyline update)
    By Gafgarionn in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2006-07-15, 00:46
  5. New Features in Aht Urhgan(06/21/2006)
    By Julian in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 2006-06-23, 02:49
  6. Chocobo Raising Q&A
    By divisortheory in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 2006-06-14, 12:52
  7. Chocobo Raising
    By Julian in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 2006-06-05, 12:31